Is Tax a neccesary evil ?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by renovator, Dec 6, 2012.

1. dex

dex Active Member Silver Stacker

imo it is... how much we should be taxed and on what is another story. It shouldnt be used to grease fat pockets and lazy politicans :)

2. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Yep I absolutely think taxes are necessary and everybody should pay all their taxes

and I'd also like to give out a big 'hi there' and 'keep up the good work' to all the the tax office employees reading this thread :D

3. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Numnutz - nobody said to take on their religion as well as every aspect of their society.

The point is simply that NO - WE DONT NEED MASSIVE GOVERNMENT/TAXATION TO BE ABLE TO LIVE A DECENT LIFE!

Take on the good points and ignore the bad of these countries.

Big government/taxes is a purely modern western phenomenon and you've truly got sh1t4brains if you reckon it's a nescessity of life!

4. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

It's useless trying to reason with him and his ilk. They're all zombies... the kind fantasised about by Karl Marx in his fantasyland...

5. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Zombies are notoriously hard to kill mate! you're a testament to that fact :lol:

6. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Many government lovers who praise the current big thieving gubmints only do so cos they have vested interests in the current system... :lol:

7. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Are you for real mate?? You think our coercive gubmint system is so superior so as to make it imposible to change - either by evolution of revolution?

Now THATs what's REALLY FUNNY!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

No numnutz - i want something inbetween - a libertarian society - which has a small and very very very limited gubmint...
    Where theft of property and violence by gubmint on peaceful citizens is strictly prohibted by the constitution and a Bill of Rights...
    and where the gubmint does NOT HAVE THE POWER to allocate itself more powers - and in so doing become the cancerous growth on society which it has today become.

SAVVVY??

9. doomsday surprise

doomsday surprise Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well numbnutz, ain't gonna happen so whaddya gonna do now?

10. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

not while zombies such as yourself keep the system propped up i'm afraid. but history has shown that a way is always found past (or over) those who strive to perpetuate injustice and stifle liberty.

11. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Those are not the only two choices, but if they were, i'd chose anarchy anytime!

12. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

bullsht!

gubmint cannot fund anything because it has no income. only what it steals from others

13. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Really?? What a joke...

Britain does not even have control of the mother country anymore mate. They've been invaded and conquered from within and Sh1t4brainsland is heading down that same path at a dizzy speed :lol:

14. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

What he meant is he's in a paradise for zombies... :lol:

15. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

none of your examples of 'private' are free market capitalism...
    you wouldn't know what the true meaning of private is if you stumbled over it :lol:

16. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

maybe not , but you're definately the biggest! :lol:

17. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with Bordsilver here. IMHO in a country like Australia, things like water, sewage, rail, ports, and to some extent roads are always going to be a monopoly. And therefore should be owned and operated for by some form of government for the benefit of all. Putting these things in private hands is heading for disaster. A free market can not occur with these things, so they should remain "public assets". If a private port owner is taking his clients for a ride, there simply can't be a free market where someone will start up next to him and fulfill the needs at a better price. It is and always will be a government mandated monopoly of a private corporation.... A very big no no for me even though I am very libertarian leaning.

Food on the other hand should never be in the control of the government other than to ensure that monopolies don't form and to a certain extent that foreign interests don't start buying up everything and threaten our future food security.

Health and education sit in a grey area with me. On the one hand we have a democracy and the majority in this country will most likely always vote to keep something close to the system we have today (hopefully we can make it better). So my wants in privatization of such things are irrelevant. However, if how health and education are paid for were completely taken out of the voting publics hands and somehow we could force that taxation was even across the board (flat tax rate). Then I would be totally happy with that. Because you can guarantee that if Jo blo is having the same amount of after Tax free threshold tax taken out of his pay packet as mr rich, that public scrutiny of the public purse expenditure will deliver a far better $ value service than we are seeing in today's system.

18. jpanggy

jpanggy Active Member

Good points and ignore the bad ....

Like burning wood, wanting the heat but hating the smoke that comes with it. Getting the gain without going through the pain. Losing weight without diet, excercise or surgery.

This is along the lines of utopia creation. I surrender, I am not going to argue against or for about this subject at all. You win, whatever point you want to carry across, sure, all good to go. I'm out.

19. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They're from the government and they're here to help you

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...phone-tap-access/story-fn59niix-1226456111348

20. anonmiss

anonmiss Active Member Silver Stacker

Thanks to
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbp6umQT58A&list=HL1355034420&feature=mh_lolz
    I am an anarcho capitalist who laughs when such debates always come back to the argument of 'yes but we need a small government how else will we have roads.'
    How limited has our thinking become when this is the fall back position. Free your mind and ask a different question.
    For example with out the government stealing our weath could the capitalist invent a mode of transportation that does not require roads. Wow what a mind blowing idea that is, it would almost be as impossible to imagin as being able to send a letter without needing a government controlled monopoly that sold stamps................ ;)