Pensioners or centerlink recipients

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Ozboy, Sep 5, 2012.

1. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Go away for a few days and look at all the fun you missed :lol: We're all going over the same ground but in different words so I reckon we kill the thread now.

2. xALmoN

xALmoN New Member

its not like anything you say on this forum is going to change anything though.

what irks me the most are boat people though, they come in, they whinge a little, get benefits and residency.

I, a chemical engineering student, i spend 50k/year on school fees and living expenses, which goes right into the economy, but when i graduate, i'll have to jump through hoops to get residency, and even a job.

3. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I was actually stretching my own views here to the maximim!
    I agree with you on point 3 - 12 month is too generous.
    On point 1 though - i think the old age pension is a bad idea. it only encourages people to specifically NOT cater for their own pension years. I believe that looking after pensioners should be the task of family in general.
    My brother and i have to support my parents now in their winter years - and it's a hellova battle for me because I am struggling - 100% the fault of the government!! If i didn't have government stealing from me to redistibute to bludgers, assylyum seekers and all their other half baked ideas i'd be be able to support my aged parents without cutting my own throat in the process.

4. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Absolutely the aged pension was a bad idea and it still is, hence why it won't be available to those of us born after a certain date. That doesn't change the situation we are in now for those that don't get to go back in time to cater for a future government reneging on their promise.

If I was in that situation and that happened, I would simply request a record of all the tax I had paid in my life, work out its current dollar value, go grab every other pensioner in town and commandeer state and federal assets to the equivalent value. Oh i'd leave a letter saying: "Sorry MOFO's breach of contract, I'm taking back the shit you bought with my stolen money." Then I would defend it with one of those stick lookin thingies that we aren't about to talk about on here because what would I care? I'm near the end anyway I lived my best years and the option of having nothing to live on isn't really an option.

5. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Absolutely the aged pension was a bad idea and it still is, hence why it won't be available to those of us born after a certain date. That doesn't change the situation we are in now for those that don't get to go back in time to cater for a future government reneging on their promise.

If I was in that situation and that happened, I would simply request a record of all the tax I had paid in my life, work out its current dollar value, go grab every other pensioner in town and commandeer state and federal assets to the equivalent value. Oh i'd leave a letter saying: "Sorry MOFO's breach of contract, I'm taking back the shit you bought with my stolen money." Then I would defend it with one of those stick lookin thingies that we aren't about to talk about on here because what would I care? I'm near the end anyway I lived my best years and the option of having nothing to live on isn't really an option.

6. bordsilver

Technically not pensioners vs centerlink recipients but who cares what the thread topic is supposed to be about anyway ;)

Let's put the seniors in jail, and the criminals in a nursing home.

This way the seniors would have access to showers, hobbies, and walks, they'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment , wheel chairs etc. and they'd receive money instead of paying it out.

They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly ,if they fell, or needed assistance.

Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.

A guard would check on them every 20 minutes, and bring their meals and snacks to their cell. They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.

They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counselling, pool, and education.

Simple clothing , shoes, slippers, P.J.'s and legal aid would be free, on request.

Private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard ,with gardens.

Each senior could have a P.C. a T.V. radio, and daily phone calls.

There would be a board of directors , to hear complaints, and the guards would have a code of conduct, that would be strictly adhered to.

The "criminals" would get cold food, be left all alone, and unsupervised.
    Lights off at 8pm, and showers once a week.
    Live in a tiny room , and pay $5000.00 per month and have no hope of ever getting out.

Justice for all.

PS. This is plagiarised.

7. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yeah, cause it looks like they ain't got dental anymore....

8. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Re post 330,

What do you want for your birthday Granddad?

GD. What about one of those picks I saw in the movie Sure, shank, redemption..With a bit of luck I will be able to dig my way out of this hell hole. You get that for me son and I will tell you where I buried my silver and gold! I'll have to do a runner in the nude because I am an enemy of the State and I can't be too careful. They might have put a chip up my claker when I had that pile operation.

Regards Errol 43

9. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

One of my customers is a dentist and he said that around 90% of his customers are on this scheme, he said that he is sick of it and that it is completely rorted - Doctors in the Western suburbs area that his practice is in simply write "Chronic Disease" slips for any of their patients that want one and they get free dental paid for by the half of us that pay tax. It's another welfare rort.

10. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I reckon that rort extends to pensioners at GP's too. Walked into GP the other week with a sick kid.... waiting room full of oldies.... receptionist says booked out for 8 weeks and can't see kid until then! :lol:

Looks like the doctors surgery is a social hangout for pensioners - compliments of the taxpayer.

11. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek:
    most excellent post.

12. Chillidog

Chillidog New Member Silver Stacker

Something like 90% of the health budget is spent on the last 10 years of life. People just don't want to die these days. How many people live into their 90's.

13. radiobirdman

radiobirdman Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Common Wealth Of Austraila

14. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Take a walk out in to the snow? Sky-diving without a parachute? Actually, a good many of the elderly would probably take a more dignified way of passing on to the "other side" if it wasn't compulsory to live into their 90's and beyond sitting in pissy seats in their wheel chair with dementia while suffering unbearable pain.

Oh, and I forgot. To keep in on-topic. Many of those pensioners/centerlink recipients being kept alive in inhumane nursing home circumstances have their welfare payments directed into the coffers of institutes keeping them alive.

This'll bring the worms out.......... :|

15. bordsilver

^^^ Hell yeah. The "right" to live your own life should include the right to dictate your own death. Bring on voluntary euthanasia instead of death by level crossing (for those that have the nerve).

16. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It won't happen. Can't have the "health industry" cheated out of its most significant source of income.

17. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+1

Yes, should someone die of old age, the last ten years of their life is the most profitable for the "health industry", especially big pharmaceutical companies. They load them up with taxpayer-funded prescription drugs.

My grandmother is on 50K a year "experimental" medication. It only costs her $5 a month.

18. radiobirdman

Maybe you should to pay more tax to cover grandma's meds . not fair that the rest of us have to pay to support her :)

19. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You got the "not fair that the rest of us have to pay to support her" part right. Personally I don't think those meds do anything. When she gloats about it being 50K, it makes me feel uneasy.

20. radiobirdman

Health , education and building infastructure .are all socalist scams .