Pensioners or centerlink recipients

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Ozboy, Sep 5, 2012.

1. alexisio

alexisio New Member Silver Stacker

And maybe you should go to the Library more often, INSTEAD

2. radiobirdman

radiobirdman Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:lol:And maybe you should get........ spelling NAZI

Edited so the mass debaters can continue

3. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

yep, looks like this thread is rapidly reaching its "used by" date. :)

4. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I agree.

If pensioners and Centerlink recipients had their way they'd vote to grab 100% of everyone's income via taxation, and they'd think it was "fair". You won't change their mind about it, they're adamant that they deserve it. Mind you, they're not half as bad as politicians and government employees.

5. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

on the pension issue im sure when youve paid taxes for 50 years you wont feel guilty of taking the handout . Ive worked for 35 years & i already feel im entitled to a handout. The amount of taxes & duties ive paid in that time is staggering..
    I have no idea how old you are willrocks (maybe you can share that with us so we can understand your view a little better) my guess is you havent paid enough tax yet

6. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hey aus. As an update, been gradually going through all those "John Galt" etc videos you referenced heavily in this thread. They're pretty awesome. May have to go and read the book some day.

Why'd you remove the link from your signature? I had to hunt around to find them ;)

7. willrocks

I'm sure when I've paid taxes for 50 years, there won't be any handout. And that's my point. I don't feel any ill-will toward pensioners, in fact I like most that I've met.

Let me ask you a hypothetical question, if everyone in Australia stopped paying tax tomorrow, would pensioners and centerlink recipients still get paid? If the answer is no, then those payments are not paid from previous tax contributions.

I actively use tax (theft) avoidance tactics whenever possible. I feel it's my duty to avoid taxes (theft) whenever possible. However I still pay more than most people.

8. alexisio

Whats worse, getting a pension or tax avoidance mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm me wonders.

9. willrocks

Tax avoidance is totally legal, and even encouraged. You're thinking of tax evasion.

http://www.taxpayersassociation.com.au/investment/tax-evasion.html

10. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Easy (see 20+ earlier posts):
    Morally, ethically, natural justicey etc = Obtaining a pension from an unfunded scheme. Legally = tax evasion :(

11. renovator

Im not sure what yur getting at with your question .Taxes are not put in the bank they are spent as needed. as they come in like any business or individual you cant bank everything & not spend you would not progress as a business or society. We payed for the roads ,bridges ,hospitals etc you use as you will pay for those things that the next generation will use thats life in most 1st world progressive societies. Its a never ending circle of generations paying so if your gen stops paying all your doing is taking things from your children in a round about way if that makes sense. Im sure you want them to have the same quality of life you have dont you ? Or you couldnt give a toss & they can fend for themselves in a place thats falling to bits around their ears because you wouldnt pay .

12. renovator

none they are both fine in my books :p:

13. willrocks

Ok exactly my point regarding "Taxes are not put in the bank". So why then is our generation asked to "put in the bank" additional taxes for our own retirement (superannuation). Shouldn't our generation be entitled to the same "handout" as the previous?

14. renovator

I would guess so the amount of people wanting the pension will be less & for a shorter time because your lump sum will last you longer & you wont pass the assets test :p: ...... hey you asked i know what theyre doing its not my fault you were born 25 years too late .. chances are i wont be getting a pension either for a number of reasons im sure when i apply they will throw me a pensioner travel card & tell me to piss off . .The best thing you can do is prepare for the inevitable & be thankful they are making you pay extra for your retirement because most wouldnt & would be screwed when they reached retirement age .

15. alexisio

You are getting a handout, from the Employers, Re : Super. If workers had to put their own money into a super fund, how many would?

16. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

apply? I have to "apply" for a pension? You're kiddin, surely? I have to apply for what's rightfully mine? I don't think so! Those buggers better just give me what I've got owed to me or theres gonna be trouble!! :mad:

17. willrocks

Do you honestly believe that? Maybe at the very lower end of the employment scale that might apply.

Super is just an additional tax, and Government will find a way to get to people's super as their tax revenue starts to dwindle. They've already put the idea out that super funds should invest a percentage in "Infrastructure". It's only a matter of time.

18. radiobirdman

radiobirdman Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Some of you are starting to sound like your a bunch of elitist sooks, this is austraila no class system here no one gives a toss whether you earn shitloads and pay a heap of tax or work for a living and get f*ck all . you are no one special ,pay your way scam the system the best you can and stop whinging about those less fortunate then yourselves. your starting to sound like a bunch of spoilt school girls

19. alexisio

Here Here i agree.

20. renovator

Im sure its an application form you fill out not an entitlement form :D