Pensioners or centerlink recipients

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Ozboy, Sep 5, 2012.

1. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

Fill out forms! and post them at my expense? rubbish! or worse yet, fork out bus fare to wherever you go to fill out a form to get what's mine?? RUBBISH! when the time comes, I want it in my hand, at my house, or they can stick it. cheeky buggers. :mad:

2. Au-mageddon

Au-mageddon Active Member

What a load of horse shit!

Have you ever needed to go use Centrelink's services? - it is one of the most soul crushing places, where everyone is treated like they are a welfare cheat.

And heaven forbid if you have been sensible with your spending and saved a few bucks (rather than just gambling, drinking or smoking it away)- coz then you cant access any assistance for 3 months ffs.

3. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

:lol:

4. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So if a politician promised to increase the pension by X% do you think they'd get the pensioner's vote? Same goes for every Centerlink recipient. It's nothing to do with whether Centerlink's services are degrading or not.

This is why democracy doesn't work, everyone votes in their own interest, so it effectively becomes mob rule.

5. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

I thought mob rule was democracy.....

6. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Money overules apparently.

7. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Um what planet do you live on? Do you really think that super is a free kick from an employer? That money is YOUR money! Not some sort of extra payment on top of your salary. If they killed off mandatory super, that money would have to go straight into your salary. It isn't a hand out from an employer in ANY way shape or form. It is a compulsory deduction out of your wage just like tax is. Only you get taxed on it a little less.... FULL STOP.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

If I got an ounce of silver for every time I've copped crap on SS for having an objectivist's viewpoint... I'd be retired I think. :rolleyes:

Link to the (updated) series is here : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD8C8AAE60CAAE6DD

I removed the references from my profile because it's just not worth the hassle IMHO.

Just look at the commentary on this thread and you can already see the personal bias, depending where your chips currently lie on the social welfare system table.

This thread has already gotten (as usual) way too personal and brought out (as usual) the same sort of class / generational warfare crap which plagues this forum like a cancer.

meh

9. alexisio

alexisio New Member Silver Stacker

I beg to differ, how many employers would pay another 10% on top if mandatory super was killed off? How many employees would be made redundant? Just my thoughts!