Doomday Preppers

Discussion in 'Silver' started by longtime silver believer, Aug 13, 2012.

1. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

^^^^ FMF If you have a lifesaver water purification bottle, you may well be able to trade 1 pint of water for 1oz silver. :(

Regards Errol 43

2. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What If ?

No you cant eat Silver or Gold, you cant eat fiat either. I doubt anybody is seriously suggesting that you can, the point is tho that you can stack and stash your wealth till things recover much more efficiently and reliably with PM's than fiat or any other asset. Asking the question of how much gold or silver you would trade your last bag of rice for is an asinine question as the answer is already quite clear.

People really do need to consider their preparedness tho, what point is there in having a nice stack of Silver or Gold and thinking you have a plan for a bank run or black swan event, a meltdown of the Euro or the collapse of the current global currency. If you can't feed or care for yourself or your family for three, six or twelve months or more?

Many people are very astute when it comes to protecting thousands of hard earned $ but pay very little attention to where the basic necessity's of life come from, the very real convenience of electricity, running water, popping off to the shop for bread, milk, toilet paper, tampons, fuel in your vehicle or a bottle of nice red for dinner or anything else you might look at in the pantry or fridge.

Shit when you really have a good think about it most people don't even know what hunger is. I don't mean that vague general feeling of Mmm I think I'll pop into macca's or subway cause I didn't eat breakfast and I'm starving, but that weakness and the constant gnawing in the stomach that comes after just a few day's without food. What would you do if the lights went off and just didn't come back on, the shops ran out of food and didn't reopen, the servo ran out of fuel?

How long would the food in your fridge and cupboards last, what if the water didn't come when you turned the tap or flushed the toilet ? How far would the fuel in your vehicle get you if you couldn't refuel it again ? A month ? two ?...... How long do you think it would take for your city, town, neighborhood to become a scary place?

People here prepare for financial security and the potential of market collapses, hedge and stack for possible Armageddon on the international money markets and look at that as wealth protection, see it as a sense of being outside of the system as if it is some sort of barrier between them and the system, but ironically do not see the connect between their very survival if that system fails, or see it short term or temporary at worst.

Do you think the gubmint will come and save you ? ,
    That is old news, you should see some of the stuff on the books now and the co-operative innocuous meetings that have taken place between FEMA and Australian "emergencey" authority's here over the last five or six years, do google of FEMA and EMA meetings and see what turns up with a bit of reading.

3. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ha check out our new "Rescue vehicle" for a population of 160 odd thousand. "Rescue from what I might ask?

[​IMG]
    Source:http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/cairns/2012/07/25/armoured-rescue-vehicle-launched-in-cairns/

4. DoolBrevlis

DoolBrevlis Member

Interesting to meet others who are prepping/expecting financial/economic doom. Surprised though that nothing has been mentioned about what the Bible has to say on the topic.
    The Bible has, IMO, has offered no reasons for us not to believe the things it has predicted in the past to have come to pass, and it covers alot of what we are talking about and what is to come.
    IMO, the Bible ought to be the survival guide to the serious prepper.

5. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

WOAH... WTF?! I prefer to stay unrescued then rounded up and put in a "camp" for my own saftey

6. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Terrorists, er, tourists?

At least the police dog looks friendly :)

7. Argentlust

Argentlust Active Member Silver Stacker

I am sure you are right about the government taking over farms...........but I think small scale growing for your own needs might be exempt. Although you may have to protect what you grow from

pilferers.

8. steve.rsa

steve.rsa Member Silver Stacker

Poor thing looks half knackered from heat exhaustion. Those uniforms are going to be fantastic on a hot an humid 'cans day....

9. FullMetalFever

FullMetalFever Member

I like it ..... like a post-apocalyptic lemonade stand :D

10. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Really this is not the place for religion.

11. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Even if you think it is incorrect to leave religion out of your calculations would be extremely foolish as most/all of the people who have the ability to shape this world are aiming towards something. Ever wonder why the EU parliament resembles the tower of babel? If you look purely at the fiscal side the EU it makes no sense, once you bring in religion it make all the sense in the world.

12. goldpanner

goldpanner New Member

The other problem with hoarding gold and silver in order to see you through bad times is that the government could easily turn round and make it illegal for individuals to own or trade it and could (like the guns) offer to purchase it back.
    I think this is a real possibility in many countries like China, maybe a bit more difficult in Australia where there are a lot of gold miners and prospectors who would put up a fight if you tried to take the gold off them!

13. Shaddam IV

I understand your point that that if religious people are running the world then their actions will of course reflect their beliefs and hence we all fall victim to their fantasies. However I still don't think this forum is a place to float "bible prophecies".

14. DoolBrevlis

DoolBrevlis Member

My post had nothing to do with religion.

It was just my 2c about prepping for the near future.

15. reggie

reggie New Member

Didn't you know that using the Bible as a prepping resource is banned under the prepper religion?
    Just to bring you up to speed:
    Doomsday prophecies = GOOD
    Prophecies relating to where the price of PMs are going to go = GOOD
    Bible prophecies = BAD

Religion in forums = BAD
    Thought control in forums = GOOD

16. DoolBrevlis

DoolBrevlis Member

Didn't know that. Thanks for the enlightenment.

17. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

I don't want the job of being a policeman in one of those iron coffins..Maybe most of us might be on the side of the police..Just imagine gangs of 1000 plus gangs roaming the countryside plundering and terrorizing us merinos.(sheep).

These vehicles don't look too good to me..Just look at the way the hatch opens restricting view from the back. Molotov cocktails would take these out quickly and you would be cooked like a chook in an oven.

Where do they store such vehicles? The army perhaps, or at the SES.?

Regards Errol 43

18. spdz

spdz New Member

The only rescue this is doing is hostage rescue!

NT has one too - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenco_BearCat

[​IMG]
    Source: Northern Territory Police - Michael J. Barritt

19. longtime silver believer

longtime silver believer New Member

After reading all the comments on this thread ,I think i will start to divert some of my precious metal money to "Doomsday Prepper " stuff and think more about food ,water,fuel,power etc..This with PM's will help me sleep at night.This is scarey stuff!

20. Shaddam IV

I worked on a massive 5 stage outdoor concert in Indonesia a few years ago and the Indonesian police had one of those armoured vehicles in spdz's photo, they were made in the UK and they had inch thick armour. There was also a much larger version with a water cannon mounted on top. The cops were quite happy to show them off backstage, standing around them in their riot gear looking menacing. After we were done and packed up and loaded our gear out we got into a coach to go back to our hotel and I looked out the window and what did I see? Two cops, one standing on each front fenders holding the massive bonnet open with great difficulty while two other police were trying to jump start it with jumper leads connected to a taxi.