The truth behind being a Royal Silver Mint member.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Dusty, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

Im with all. RSC have a delays in comunications but they allways make the shipments (with a lot of delays) but you have a very cheap price (low premium plus spot price and can lock in it any time). I speak spanish and i have a lot of delays to answer my emails too. But i have pacience. I know the things in bolivia is very dificult. The normal job people is a mess. They miss a lot of job days because they are dope or drunken. The ceo and brian make a lot of jobs not because they like make it. Because in bolivia have only a few people with knowledges to make it.
    I like a lot the RSC and i think is a good investment (i buy only chinese, perth minth coins and rsc coins, and only a few of canadian and others).
    I like the quality in the RSC.

2. itin

itin Member

dccpa, I'd remove that USPS tracking number from your post.

3. Dusty

Dusty Active Member Silver Stacker

When you buy 100 to 200ozs per order not including gold coins it makes it very very difficult to make a order BECAUSE your information dosnt get updated on there website. (you ask them too).

You ask them a question so you can place a order (no answer)??

Yes the coins do arrive (months later) after your told the coins will be sent in two weeks. (months months later).

Great premium if you pay the crazy prices that are out there.

Great buying (if you can get them).

As well as that the 100ozs we would of bought from RSC is now been placed through another TRUSTED dealer and I payed straight away and when I get home in a couple if days those 100 coins will be at home.

I'll give you a example of what happened this morning! My wife ordered another 100ozs from there website (not knowing I'd cancelled all of our memberships, (I had to remind her). I sent through a email this afternoon apologizing as my wife wasn't aware that I'd cancelled the memberships and asked when I would expect to see my refunded money and outstanding membership coins?

I will not bother to follow up with anymore emails and I'd be very very very surprised to recieve a reply (or a honest one), let's see what happens from this day onwards remembering I canceled my memberships nearly two weeks ago.

To be continued.....

4. mikedm

mikedm New Member

For completeness, I believe the terms of agreement for membership cancellation mention something like 30 days notice for return of membership investment. Hopefully this is upheld.

5. Dusty

Yep' so do I.

6. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Tried to edit the original post and it wouldn't let me, so this is a posting test.
    Now I am trying to edit this post.

7. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

4 Weeks now and the gold coins haven't been mailed as promised by Brian on June 16th. How about it Brian, would you like to explain what is going on? Silence is not golden and preparing a mailing label is not shipping a product.

8. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

Has anyone informed RSC of this thread, they might be interested in having a read or voicing their opinion?

9. Royal Silver CEO

Royal Silver CEO New Member

Hello Stackers:

May I respectfully submit the following:

Royal Silver Company has successfully delivered coins around the world for 2 years, since we first started minting. EVERY order on our books has been delivered or will be delivered. Anybody who has ever canceled an order has received a refund. Anybody who wanted a coin replaced has received a replacement. (We replaced hundreds of early coins, at our cost, with higher-quality strikes). We do this from the most challenging business environment in the Western Hemisphere, from a land-locked, impoverished country high in the Andes Mountains--a country with little industrial development, expensive transportation to world markets, no access to capital markets, governed by people who do not share our free-enterprise values, where the rule of law is a foreign concept, and where people speak Spanish, not English. Holidays are many, strikes are common, blockades are the order of the day. Bolivia is the Wild West in every sense of the word.

However, Bolivia is the only place in the world, and Royal Silver Company the only company in the world, where you can buy silver coins that are .99999 pure. More important, but intangible, Royal Silver Company is the only smelter, refiner and minter in the world that does not pollute the environment while extracting silver from raw ores. Every other silver coin you own was probably smelted in a lead smelter or copper smelter, most of which do terrible damage to the environment and to children living near-by. All three of the previous sentences are facts, not opinion.

People write to us expressing satisfaction with their purchases. People post videos on YouTube that can be described as ecstatic, showing off our coins. People take a pride of ownership in our coins that I doubt they feel for other products. For about $37 we offer a rare (on a world-wide basis), unique (world's purest, world's cleanest), hand-crafted silver round. We partially subsidize shipping costs on small orders. And for our Club Members, we offer the chance to order coins and pay for them later at only $3 above spot silver. Members can lock in their price 24 hours a day.

If you want cheaper coins, the world is full of generic silver. If you want faster delivery, there are many re-sellers in your own country who do not face any of the transportation challenges we face getting coins from Bolivia to your door. If you want impurities in your silver, such as lead, arsenic, antimony, thallium, then you don't have to wait for us to refine and test each batch, sometimes having to refine silver 3 times, you can buy any silver made by a lead-smelter.

The Perth Mint is a century old, with an unlimited budget--the US Mint and other mints as well--they have machinery, a tradition of experience, and a corp of trained workers that stagger my imagination. Royal Silver Company has about 2 years of experience making coins. We had to learn how to make a quality coin, we made most of our equipment, we had to create transportation methods from Bolivia to the world, we had to learn how to satisfy demanding customers from every corner of the planet. Yet, customers favorably compare the quality of our product to the quality of the large mints. And everybody knows that our coins are purer.

We take more time refining a batch of silver than the time we take making coins from that batch. When we fail to remove impurities to less than 1 in 100,000, then we do it all over again, no matter the cost, no matter the pressures to get coins out the door, no matter anything. For the last three weeks, the same batch of silver--which twice was made into blanks--I have ordered thrown back into the refinery. Even though we worked several 24-hour shifts, even though we have spent money, chemicals, and effort, even though we casted, rolled, punched, and annealed blanks, when the lab said they found an impurity that lowers the assay to less than .99999, we threw all those shiny blanks into the refinery reactor and dissolved them, and started over again. Customers will complain that their coins have not arrived, our service will be vilified on forums, but I (and only I) will take some grim satisfaction in knowing that my compulsion for perfection in whatever I make is probably the only thing I will take to the grave.

In this particular thread, Royal Silver Company and our products have been described negatively. Some statements posted here are simply not true. Other statements are racist---such as us being high on coke, because we live in Bolivia. But one dissatisfied Club Member out of hundreds of satisfied Members, or one customer anxiously awaiting his order, out of thousands of satisfied customers who have received their orders--many orders for thousands of coins--should not diminish our product or our company. In the end, the angry Club Member will receive his refund, and the anxious customer will receive his gold coins--his package can be tracked using the information he posted for all to see with delivery scheduled on July 2. Their negative comments about our company will provide them some internal satisfaction, no doubt, but no rant will make their coins arrive earlier or their refund quicker. Let me tell you, pleasing the general public is not an easy undertaking--when a customer is upset all civility is tossed out--even though we reply politely, we always deliver, and our quality (in the sense of purity and zero-emissions) is unmatched by any other company in the world. What I write now will be attacked, no doubt, but this will be my only post, because a cantankerous person on a public forum with time on his hands will beat me every time. To fair-minded Stackers, the reputation we have built in the last 2 years for a unique product delivered at a fair price should stand, even in the face of the criticism posted here.

If you buy a few coins from Kitco and think you can get Bart Kitner on the phone anytime day or night, or the CEO of the Canadian, US or Perth mints, to ask them questions, then you are mistaken. But you can always reach me. It may take me a couple of days to answer emails, but every customer, no matter how many or few coins he or she orders, can usually reach me by phone, skype or email. I am the public face of Royal Silver Company, so please feel free to write.

Some advice: If you want to post your USPS tracking number for a valuable shipment of gold coins on a public forum, be my guest. But please realize you are not acting wisely, and you are responsible for any loss.

Thank you to fair-minded Stackers for taking the time to read my comments. We appreciate your business and your support.

Best regards

Brian

PS. If you managed to read this far, I'd like to reward you with some facts about our coins that you may not know. Once in a generation, the US Mint names a Master Engraver. That person is chosen above all other sculptor/engravers to become The United States Master Engraver. We are honored that US Master Engraver Thomas D. Rogers sculpts the artwork for our coins. His initials are on all our coins except the Andean Cats. My initials are engraved (hidden) in the neck-feathers of the two-headed condor on our logo. I design the art, Master Engraver Thomas D. Rogers perfects and sculpts the art, BEX Engraving (Chris Beck) makes the dies, and Mr. John Sol makes the collars (Mr. Sol is famous in coin-making circles for his machines--he makes the high-speed coin presses for the US Mint, among other remarkable designs). Bob Grau makes the capsules (as he does for the Royal Canadian Mint, the US Mint and most other mints in North America). While these names mean nothing to you, these gentlemen represent the pinnacle of their professions, and I am honored to work with them.

10. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

now that is what I call professionalism:) keep up the good job Brian

11. Bazil

Bazil Member Silver Stacker

Interesting response. This probably isn't my place to comment and I don't mean to cause any offence, but I was just curious as to why you have established a mint in such a challenging location? just going from what you have said it seems a difficult place to do business.

12. Dusty

Seeming that I'm the disgruntled person that started this thread I'd like to leave my last thoughts.

I was Never in a rush to receive my coins at any stage and through correspondence expressed this to RSC.

People can read the RSC website under memberships and see were it states that RSC members have the oppertunity to receive there coins before others and it is very clear very clear that I only just received my coins a little over a week ago and this is something that seriously annoys me if that's unreasonable to expect what has been advertised than well I do not know what.

I was told when growing up that a man was as good as his word and being a large mint or small mint means very little when you receive broken promise after broken promise and believe me when I say there was many.

One email saying hey john were a little mint facing very difficult working conditions and you will receive your coins in 8 months but as a valued RSC member you and the other members will have your orders sent out first as that's what we have promised. That's fine I'll wait.

I do not want to contact a CEO of a company because if I'm doing that than there's a problem isn't there?

Correspondence Brian as you know was never been there when there was a question that needed answered we couldn't get one answered, I standby every comment that I've made and would swear on my grandmothers grave.

I support the mints methods and quality and Brian as a person I believe is trying his best but for correspondence and truth the company dies.

Good luck with your product and I hope that you can correct the barriers that you face but the truths the truth.

13. Bazil

Bazil Member Silver Stacker

..... Please forgive my ignorance Hotel 46, but are you attempting to answer my question?

I may have been a little bold in my questioning. I'd just like to know the reasoning behind it.

It would seem to me that if someone was willing to take the risk of investing a large amount of capital into establishing a mint even of a small scale.

Then why would it be done in a severely disadvantaged area that would make successful operation more difficult?

The question was directed at Brain and I apologise for not making it clear in my first post and also for being a little off topic.

14. SULLA

SULLA Member Silver Stacker

You should visit and spend some time at the Royal Silver web site. There you will find some answers to your questions.

15. Dusty

Interesting post lady bird, I particularly like your quote at the bottom of your page,
    ACTIONS ARE LOUDER THAN WORDS.

I'm sure you only buy a coin here or there so when your able to be put in my shoes you can actually speak.

Please tell me at what point I have been unfair please?

I could go as far as posting emails with dates but that would be very embarrassing to the mint so when you start buying directly from the mint and encounter the same problems I'd just keep hugging trees.

16. Bullion Baron

Bullion Baron Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I don't think Dusty's thread or comments have been out of place. They read pretty fair to me given the trouble he's had to go to in order to purchase some coins.

Some may read Brian's response (which was also fair, although perhaps a little sugar coated) and decide they would be happy to wait for a company to produce and ship their coins given the difficult circumstances they work with. Others may not be prepared to wait months and months for coins regardless of their situation.

This thread has provided information to the community allowing all individuals to read and make their own choice. I think this thread and others like it are a valuable asset to this community. Especially in this case where both sides have been relatively respectful of each other.

17. Photonaware

Photonaware Active Member

I am keeping out of this one but just wanted to congratulate Ladybird on her last post.

18. Dusty

Lol, I was talking about a few trades and what big boys club?
    This thread is open to all RSC members and I ask the question: have you received your coins as promised on there site before other people?
    Have you been made promises that never actually came true?

That's the truth.

Order through Maggie pay just a little bit more and save your self the hassles.

If people can get there coins within a few weeks when ordering on here why am I still waiting for my diverden coins since Febuary?
    That's only five months and the first time that I've even asked for them was two weeks ago, unfair?

Yes Ladybird I'm totally unreasonable I apologies to the mint and all others that maybe offended for paying 15k for the service that was advertised.

19. SilverMark

SilverMark Member

Honestly, I don't think Brian's most recent post changes a great deal. We all know the positive characteristics of the RSM operation and their products and is exactly why we are all supporters and customers in the first place - this was never being debated here. The simple fact remains that the coins are being sold before they have been produced and the process is not reliable enough to guarantee delivery. This has obviousely created a world of pain for them from a PR standpoint and Brian is left running around dealing with all of those disgruntled customers rather than focusing on what he does best - refining silver and producing great coins. I would love to see them fundamentally rethink their business model to address this issue and save themselves alot of headaches and potential reputation damage. I am still wondering, does this boil down to a cashflow problem?

20. Dusty

Silvermark that's a great post mate and I couldn't of said it better.
    Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.