Monitoring the Crypto Bubble

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by Bullion Baron, Dec 12, 2017.

Tags:
?

Where do you think we are in the crypto bubble?

1. Very early (years left to run)

21.1%
  2. Around the middle (could still run for months or a year)

38.0%
  3. Very late (could end within days/weeks)

23.9%
  4. It's not a bubble

16.9%
  1. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

our resident bcash supporters have become very quiet recently, could it be the dramatic change to the bitcoin memory pool? fees are now at an all time low as more and more lightning nodes become active and segwit addresses are being used. there was even a 2mb block mined https://twitter.com/BitGo/status/954998877920247808

expect this trend to continue as lightning network gains momentum.

willrocks likes this.
  2. Brendio

Brendio Active Member

I'm not sure of your definition of "all time low". Bitinfocharts shows more like a month and a half low. Still too high for my business to be able to use, although lightning network might help that. BCash just kicks the can of scaleability down the road a little. It hasn't been pressure tested yet.

3. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

lol @ the crypto bitchiness in both camps

4. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wow a 2mb block huh ? Why that's a whole 25% of BCH'c current capacity, so how do the fee's compare ?

5. dozerz

there are currently more lightning nodes than there are bcash nodes, its not about block size, its about scaling.

fees have fell 99% in the past 2 weeks, one of my recent transactions had multiple inputs and was confirmed almost instantly for less than $1 but hey, you cant please everyone.

willrocks likes this.
  6. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Where can you use LN atm? have you used it? I didn't think it was up and running for the public yet.

Nice to see Bitcoins fee low again.

7. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Fees for those transacting on the LN's or for those closing off the channels ? Might be a bit of difference there No ?
    There are also currently reported issues of people losing funds when closing payment channels as well, so not all is as rosy as it seems for now and it is yet to be seen if all that is promised can be delivered yet.
    Average BCH fee is currently about $0.23 U.S, 4 x's as much Blockspace and options to double it as well.
    BTC is playing catchup at the moment and while LN is a bit of improvement, it is nowhere near close to solving any of the issues that are major hurdles to it becoming the Crypto of the people as it was intended to be.

8. Scottspurs

Scottspurs Active Member

I have only been monitoring for a short time but seems that when something is up another is down. However when I looked at the markets this morning everything was in the red.

Could this be to do with the recent Facebook statement?

9. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bitcoin continues on a downward spiral. I don't feel sorry for all them people that bought in at double the price now, especially if they sold their metals for it. That's what they get for a ponzi scheme. A digital illusion of wealth backed by nothing.

10. dozerz

time to get some new material, you forgot tulip bubble.....yawn.

Stoic Phoenix likes this.
  11. mmm....shiney!

@ skyrocket, what is gold backed by?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  12. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

Trust born from thousands of years of human history believing it's valuable.

13. mmm....shiney!

So it’s backed by a perception. :)

Ag bullet and willrocks like this.
  14. Scottspurs

Scottspurs Active Member

Sorry this comes across as an incredibly mean spirited post. Taking pleasure in other people's misfortune. Everything is a gamble. I haven't seen you post often in this particular part of the forum, but you have now only to gloat.

15. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

It aint gloating it is just pointing out facts.
    Personally i think Bitcoin will be dead in a couple of years but still plenty of ups and downs to make money on it.
    This may well be a buying opportunity for many.
    I myself am doing the shitcoin thing at the mo and buying low and selling when they get pumped.
    Buy a shitcoin for 0.00000001 Bitcoin and sell when it gets pumped to 0.00000200 or more.
    The only problem is i am not making millions because the volumes are very low (5-10 Bitcoin)but certainly small thousand and hundreds to be made in quick time.

Skyrocket likes this.
  16. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A few personal observations....
    "The Believers" bask in the glory that it was their efforts which helped Crypto become $20K USD where as the real reason it reached those heights are because of the "The Dreamers".

Those that have made money are early punters and miners, "the believers".
    Those that have lost money are people who paid cash, on the way up, "the dreamers" many have already left burnt in a nightmare, and more everyday are becoming "HODLers"
    Those that are around even are people who are hoping it will go back up to 20K "the HODLers"

What will the future bring
    "HODLers" at what price point to they jump off and if they do, do they ever come back.

Gullintanni likes this.
  17. Skyrocket

It's backed by gold, which is a precious metal if you forgotten.

Gullintanni likes this.
  18. Skyrocket

It's not incredibly mean spirited, just mean spirited. No, it's not good to take pleasure in other people's misfortune. Yes, life is a gamble, even crossing the road. No, I don't post much in this part of the forum but only to gloat or to put crypto's down.

Wait til crypto's go to zero where they belong and then I be posting here more often.

At least I'm an honest person. :D

Gullintanni likes this.
  19. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

when I said this would happen, I got attacked personally and abusively but bitcoin enthusiast who where buying them for their grandkids to inherit etc
    So I am allowed to gloat right?
    because this is just the start, all I hear on tv, radio, pop up adds is bitcoin this and bitcoin that, "come to our seminar, let us teach you how to trade in bit coin", don't miss out etc
    it has jumped the shark and is now in decline with some still in denial, wait until it really gathers momentum then you will see all the gamblers lamenting the loss of their life savings when they front the news complaining how they were taken advantage of etc
    like I said before, history doesn't repeat itself but it does rhyme

Gullintanni likes this.
  20. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Anyone who thinks crypto's will go to zero is that clueless it's not even worth your time trying to explain anything to them because anyone with half a brain who has actually put in the hours to read and understand the tech knows that this is here forever and will only get bigger - the tech I am talking about, not the prices, but they in turn will be attached to the tech so make of that what you will

Yes there are shitcoins and coins that people will lose money on, but guess what - that happens in every market that involves money!

I don't own any Bitcoin personally as I too believe it's value for what it is doesn't make much sense, but there are plenty of other alts that will be delivering technology that will change the way things are done in the world

Haters just selective choose to single out Bitcoin and lump all other forms of crypto with it, which only shows how incompetent they are

I've said it numerous times before, but for the life of me I don't understand why anyone who doesn't like crypto feels the need to come here and constantly regurgitate the same old crap - do you think we all need to be saved by you?

The psychological behaviour of people against something is beyond laughable and only a reflection of their own inabilities