Yippee doesnt think silver will get to $50

Discussion in 'Silver' started by renovator, Nov 21, 2011.

1. jpanggy

jpanggy Active Member

I like my metals, but I really think the fiat beating is a bit unfounded.

I mean, in high interest account, you earn 6.5% which is still a growth rather than a potential capital gain or capital loss.

Yes, fiat is cheating, yes it is unfair and produced out of thin air (sort of) but it is still the medium of exchange for now. Until PM is the medium of exchange, then fiat is not completely irrelevant.

2. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoCCW7YS2T4[/youtube]
    This video says it all:cool:

3. Ilikemetals

Ilikemetals Member

I don't think it's unfounded, i just think that most of us bought into the game a little too early. I sometimes wish I held cash to accrue that interest as well and that is what I am doing now. However, there are plenty of signs and i mean PLENTY of signs that indicate that the fiat party is coming to a close sometime in the relatively near future. Don't forget the end game.

4. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

Yippie,

I'm going to take your advice and start buying back all that silver I sold at $43.

What have you got to sell? ;)

C

5. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

heaps!! :D

6. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

Good.

Now, about that diversification. I've got a few blocks of land that might interest you. Fancy a swap?

C

7. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Maybe later, but you'll have to acquire a beautiful waterfront property before i'd be interested ... :lol:

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Yippee! What's with the 180 man? Was there a specific thing in particular that you read or have come to realize?? (I understand you still appreciate the fundamentals)

..As for me I'm much more inclined with Bob Chapman (put money into G&S physical and their mining shares, nothing else) and Maloney's feeling on how things will turn out.

9. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

C'mon........wise man once say "buy high, sell low"

C

10. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

No 180 - i assure you. It's simply an acknowledgement that the inbreds have full control of the western world currently and that they wield great power to manipulate events for some years to come.
    Eventually the fundamentals will overwhelm the market/media/government manipulators - they ALWAYS DO!

The difference is i'm not going to keep watching the spot price every single day waiting for the "big move" / collapse which is inevitable.

Bob Chapman is right about most things... his short term predictions cannot be relied on though - nobody's can - because there are too many variables.

however, it doesn't matter how many variable there are - over the medium to long term the result WILL be the same - complete collapse of the fraudulent fiat currency system currently in existance.
    Those who dont hold PMs then will be foobarred!

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Agree 100% :)

12. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Hmmm....... not sure about that silver has lost ground in the last 6 months if you had it in a term deposit it would have made some serious compounding ground even after tax

13. Ilikemetals

Ilikemetals Member

I'm actually on the fence about whether I really want the POS to rise yet, based on the fact that when the POS is high, the rest of the world is going to be heading down the toilet. It's going to be odd to be relatively wealthy in a world where everybody else is poor.

I'm trying to make the most of the world pre-collapse because as a young lad, the majority of my life will be spent POST-collapse. This part of my life is the exception and it's really... well.. nice.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

At the moment silver has gained 19.27% over the last 12 months, 151 + % over five years . Whats the p.a return on cash deposits ?

15. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

But it isn't quite that simple is it ... if you had paper silver then yes, you could get 19.27% more bread, fuel and services then when you started (simply sell it back on the market) BUT if you bought the physical chances are whether silver was 31 or 34 what you paid for your coin would be no different. which means your gain is net of zero. Go to the coin shop tomorrow after this massive tank and see if there is much difference in what they charge for the coin or the bar.

If your talking paper silver then yeh, those gains and looses are solid and realised cause you buy and sell at spot. In a term deposit or a savings deposit like ING every $100, will return you $6 that you can use to buy a loaf of bread or fuel which is instantly accessible, imagine all you had was silver and you wanted bread, what would you do ? sell it to the bullion dealer for a loss, or sell it on silverstackers and starve till you sold it ?!?

Hell even paper silver of SLV you could have sold for that 19.27% gain between the high and the low. In my honest opinion investing in physical (GOLD & SILVER) will preserve your wealth in times of complete collapse(disaster) which sad to say could be around the corner but unless that happens its quite an illiquid investment cause you can't make the small gains cause of the killer spreads the bullion store charges you. Only Caveat is if you know a good place to get the bullion CHEAP & close to spot ...

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Points taken but you will not get your $6 until the end of the term deposit, and you also will not lose on the physical unless you are forced to sell right ?

If I took a coin purchased 12 mths ago into a bullion shop tomorrow and sold it for spot it would realize a gain of 19% , just as another example $10,000 in a 12mth term deposit at 6.5% would return you $650 - fee's , the same $10,000 in silver would now be worth $1900 more and that's if sold at the moment in a dip.

A term deposit is safe and steady I guess , but I would much rather physical under the bed um I mean in the cupboard than $ in the bank at times like these.

17. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

But thats the point, you would never have bought the coin at spot price to be able to sell it at spot to realize that 19% gain. Im not saying that silver is a bad investment (its not) but if you want to compare it for that quick flip, that concrete ACTUAL gain paper silver is a much better method, for long term of course nothing beats physical no doubt. With paper you buy it at spot and you sell it at spot (no spreads or margins). If it increases by 19% and you buy and sell at the bottom to top you make that gain. If you compared what you could get on your coins i dont think you would make a 6% difference on the actual physical coin, what i have noticed is if you bought the coin for $50 you might be able to sell it for $52 and yes that is some gain BUT for that potential gain given that you had 100K, already have $30K in silver and 70K in cash would you risk the remaining 70K in illiquid silver ?

After really thinking about it, the ONLY gain i can see with physical is in a complete and total breakdown ! Sad thing is i feel that could be a future scenario and its worth stacking, but some powder is needed for some short term gains. For short term nothing beats the paper cause you can trade it short and long plus its much more easier to move if you want to sell (few clicks of the button). No need to post :D

18. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Depends on your time frame, renovator's is equally valid and I know some people who started stacking when it was 35+, some even started at 41.

Their whole stack would now be worth LESS than when they started if you assume they just bought generic silver bullion not lunars etc.

IF you had put the money into savings in April and bought silver when it was < 30 you would've been doubly ahead.

But of course hindsight etc etc etc

19. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

^^^ yeah thats another point, I was just assuming apples for apples 1 year investment comparison. i think the main thing really is the premiums that you pay on physicals. The padding just kills the profits, which dam well sucks. You gotta wait for the really big moves to make any money, thats why every time there is a big move i try to take some profits , otherwise there is no money to be made ...

20. xenith69

xenith69 New Member