Will we ever recover?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverNash, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Auagau

Auagau Active Member

hmm... :/

2. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Wow. Just wow.

You're either trolling or you need to do a lot more research.

3. euphoria

euphoria New Member

I do not doubt it will either. When this monetary system collapses/changed what is the price of anything?

4. RetardedMonkey

As much as someone is willing to pay for it.

5. No1joey

No1joey Member Silver Stacker

Research? Think forwards not backwards young grasshopper

Google silver passing gold, apples silver zink battery technology etc

Silvers supply has gone from tens of billions to just one or two billion oz last century and it is used far more and consumed more than gold it's just a matter of time before it leaves gold in it's dust

When that does happen in how ever many years people will learn to recognize silver as a status symbol and not gold. People will be amazed that gold was once so highly regarded over silver

6. heike1a2b3c

heike1a2b3c New Member

I started buying since November and don't feel that bad now that spot is already back above $29.

It has been steadily rising since New Year, as I expected. Though I did not have much more cash to use to buy at the real lows, I am confident it is not going down too much again, unless more major manipulation is going to come.

I just want to note that I can see on the minute charts of say Bullionmark that there are some very large purchases of both Gold and Silver being made every so often pushing the price up temporarily and then there is a little pause whilst the price comes a little down again and then another short spike.

Most is then not really even reflected in the daily charts, but it does show me that the big guns are buying up whilst small investors etc must be selling little bits.

Before Christmas and New Year it was the opposite, large dips down very quickly and small movements back up for a little while.

7. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have already offered a member here an oz of gold nuggets when the GSR reaches 15:1. I will give you my entire nugget stash the day that Silver outprices Gold.

Of course I dont expect that you would accept it as you think Gold is such a useless, worthless metal.

Fair dinkum mate..."you're dreamin' ". Or is it "just the vibe"?

8. No1joey

Ur zooming in too close zoom back look at the last 5 years and think about the next 5. I'm not contributing anymore to short term spot discussions it's enough to do your head in

9. No1joey

Precious Metal investment forcast by a guy who's favourite movie is 'The Castle'.

10. RetardedMonkey

Gold
    [​IMG]

vs

Silver
    [​IMG]

$1000 increase versus $20 increase.
    The ratio might improve, but the $/oz will not surpass gold.

11. Eureka Moments

I just googled "bullshit" and up came "No1joey"

12. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Wow.. this makes zero sense.. i cant even shuffle or substitute one or many words to construct what may be a statement?

Are you two above other non-all-post readers?

I take it the lack of answers was directly comparable to the sense it made and the fact it means nothing?

I am not above other non-all post readers, but assuming i was, what would this mean? And how would effect my outlook on silver, maybe id be constantly questioning my purchases and doubting my own hefty research, but who knows? Not me?

13. Fe Mike

Fe Mike New Member Silver Stacker

When the Sun shines upon Earth, 2 major Time points are created on opposite sides of Earth known as Midday and Midnight. Where the 2 major Time forces join, synergy creates 2 new minor Time points we recognize as Sunup and Sundown. The 4-equidistant Time points can be considered as Time Square[4] imprinted upon the circle of Earth. In a single rotation of the Earth sphere, each Time corner point rotates through the other 3-corner Time points, thus creating 16 corners, 96 hours and 4-simultaneous 24 hour Days within a single rotation of Earth equated to a Higher Order of Life Time Cube.

What could be simpler?

14. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^^
    Geez, there's a blast from the past...good to hear from you Mike :cool:

15. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Its sounds far fetched but understand in 1966 50c was 50c and in 1999 Zimbabwe had a one dollar coin looking very much like australia's.

"I would suggest you look at a range of indicators besides price to tell you when to sell" - if you factor in inflation --- just comparing it to the past inflation and not that inflation isnt a straight line growth then it should be apparent to you that $500 is anything but mighty optimistic.. id call it a matter of time.

Perhaps its too difficult to you fiat to value the future worth of an asset as we struggle to compute bi-variate analysis cognitively..

To all the SS who dissagree, far enough.. but i believe the $500 mark is less than a decade off any way you sugar coat economies and purchasing power and delfation speil.

Comments about gold.. absolutley correct, but if silver did pass gold, gold actually has most of the properties silver has so it would began to be used in industry instead of silver, so for silver to be worth more youd need some semi-extinction event for silver whereby industry demands but there is no essentail supply, this gets more and more likely the longer the price is manipulated on the down side making industry consume it at a rate of knots.

Good on you for holding till $500.. id suggest this is a primative strategy and suggest yours will become much more elaborate as you see the silver cycles for a few years.. most change to have a core stack and a trade/sell stack to buy and sell to profit from the cycle to increase your total portfolio.

No silly ideas... just closed minded individuals who cant envisage a changed paradigm.

It does pay to be a little grounded so keep a foot on the ground, never bank on $500 silver

1for1 (Gold for Silver)

16. No1joey

If you have an objection give me a logical explanation. Otherwise your just proving you can't argue it

Silver will reach $500 an oz one day is a fact. Surpassing gold is likely IMO as it's needed more and used more. Silver is only cheaper now because ts mined more, come up with a reason why that will never change.

17. No1joey

The onlyreason I can gain from the above comment as to how you came to feel that way is just because you have a sentiment towards gold. I never said gold was useless it's scarcity makes it more valueable in the sense that it's not mined as often as silver, all you need is a hundred years of globalization to swing things the other way ie silver being mined more than gold fast forward X amount of years and tell me how if that keeps up silver won't be more expensive as gold if it would then be in the same position that gold is now being it's only reason for costing more?

18. Eureka Moments

Worldwide recession and deflation.

19. No1joey

What's that supposed to represent, The end of existence? Recession smession, nothing but a little dip in the curve upwards.

20. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

IMHO:

Silver is for speculation
    Gold is for wealth preservation

If you invest in silver to make a quick buck, good luck to you.