Wife found the silver today. And she ain't happy

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Jkenosh, May 25, 2014.

1. Jkenosh

Jkenosh New Member

I'm new to stacking and I talked to my wife about it and we went out and bought 2 tubes of eagles. Since then I have bought another tube of eagles a tube of maples and 2 10 oz jm bars She is so mad I bought more She doesn't get it. Gonna have to hide better Lol

2. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

buy her gold ring ...

3. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

Thats not too bad....I had 250oz silver 1oz gold and a new ak47 all hidden away. That would have been something if she found out!

Shes not going to be mad when silver doubles and you have enough to take her on a cruize...but thats not going to happen with just 2 tubes which is why she must let you buy more! She probably has no problem dropping $100 on a pair of shoes but wont let you invest in the future...atleast that was my case!

4. Jkenosh

Jkenosh New Member

She wants a 1300 dollar cruise. No way. I did enough cruising in the marine corp I would buy 2 rolls of crocs

5. Nabullion Dynamite

Yup seems typical. However I know how that is and it sucks. I'm pretty sure it would have been akward to have her walk in on me counting my silver while holding my AK like a columbian drug lord! :lol:

6. Jkenosh

Jkenosh New Member

She should be happy. Haven't even bought the Ak yet Lol. Do have a Saiga 12 though Almost the same

7. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

I think the problem started with you not telling it. If you had just said it, or talked about it like the earlier case, then it's likely that there had been no madness. And hiding it better surely will only make things worser. My 50 cents on marriage stuff. :p

8. Nabullion Dynamite

Wait that last post is worded wierd now that i read it again haha. But you get my point. However i am a free man now and can stack to my hearts content.

9. Pirocco

It's weird not wierd and if you stack silver with your heart instead of your brain then you'll end up on charity and a pair woman shoes from the garbage bin, instead of free. :D

10. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Funny, I have over 10X's that, and my wife has no clue why...I do attempt to educate, but light bulbs just don't register at the moment...clothes and shoes do...but she will one day understand in about 10/15 years...when I have another over 10x's stack...along with the guns, food and water. She then go, 'oh honey, you're the best.' :)

11. Pirocco

This thread starts (well...) to appear like a wife=dumb me=smart thread.
    Then some evening the light bulbs go out, and the next morning empty bed and no stack.
    Thinking...thinking...thinking!

12. iluvbeanz

iluvbeanz Member

Tell her if she doesn't turn that frown upside down, you'll sell HER to buy more silver.

13. AgDoc

AgDoc Member

What does your wife think you should do with your savings or does she rather want to consume everything?

14. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Sucks to hear that. My wife totally gets it. For us buying metal is a financial decision, not something done behind the other partners back. Sorry.

15. Belvedere

Belvedere Active Member Silver Stacker

No wife. Just greedy kids. When I started stacking they thought it was just the old man craziness setting in. Now they keep asking me about my will. Sleeping with one eye open is the order of the day.

16. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Try to educate the wife as to why you are stacking and then ask her to be more understanding.

Good luck with that.

17. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

You are lucky. She hasnt walk away with your loot. Arrr!!!!! :p:
    Better shhh... Will or no will ... Shut up....

18. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Same problem, had to come clean, though I am sure she does not know the full extent of my buying, but I do let her know about the big purchases, and we do discuss it because at the moment it makes more sense to pay down the debt on the investment properties, which is not as exciting as buying more silver but it makes more financial sense.

The only problem is that if silver goes up she keeps telling me to sell it all, she kept on at me all the way up to $50 to sell it and get some of our money back, women! What do they know!

19. Nabullion Dynamite

Haha that is true, I actually never got caught and strangely enough broke up with her for unrelated reasons. However its nice to mess with my silver anytime I want, however I do miss those late nights I privately spent playing with my silver under the cloak of darkness!

Thanks Pirocco for the correction, my phone does not auto correct and those tiny buttons mess me up. However I promise never to make a mistake again and if I do I will take my own life in the most disgusting way imaginable!

I used my heart to tell me that I need to start doing something for the future, I used my brain to(or at least try to) make the right decision on what and when to buy.

20. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

I guess that I was lucky that I started stacking just before silver was rising at least $1 each night. My wife's education process involved me waking up in the morning and saying... "Look honey we just made $X last night! Isn't that good?"

I would say that it would be a harder seel now that it's not going anywhere, or even down.