Why Bob Chapman says $70 silver short term

Discussion in 'Silver' started by mikedm, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I'd love to see this comment revisited - say around December/January ....

2. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I'd love to hear about any forecasters who have passed your definition ??

I'm guessing then that according to your definition that Steve Keene is also a nutjob? To many of us he is turning out to be more like Nostredamus.... and i am pretty confident that Bob Chapman's on the right track as well with his medium to long term predictions.

Anybody who says they can consistently predict shortterm trends is a liar!

3. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Nutjob thats being a bit nice to them isnt it? the pair of them have been waaaayyyyy of the mark yet you still think their predictions are accurate .

Everything goes in cycles & sooner or later they have to be right. You give them another chance & say they were right but their timing was wrong.If you followed both of their advice with a fistful of money with their expected outcomes you would be sorely dissapointed with their predictions.

Nostredamus ? hahahaha nostredamus say he who follows nutjobs with lots of money get burnt . :lol:

4. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

** YKY shakes his head, whilst smiling fondly at his old foe**

5. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Hahahaha yippee youve gone soft :cool:

6. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

I'm so bored of all the talk of manipulation at every drop.... Those short have had a year now to unwind their positions and get long if they wanted to.

And this Bob Chapman appears to be an absolute joke, a tin-foil hatter in his mums basement. This is the last I will say on him.

7. BBQ

BBQ Member

Nah, he has moved onto aluminium like we all have. Tin-foil is practically like chasing a rare-earth in the supermarket.

8. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

Fine by me, I plan on selling close to $50 again and don't really care what anyone else thinks.

9. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

They way he mixes fact with fiction is a bit disingenuous. His overall Illuminati storyline (a few people controlling the world is a bit of a joke). The way he talks about economics shows someone with a bit of knowledge but not enough for real understanding. I mean, the whole thing being engineered? I don't think so... Everyone that utters the words "New World Order" or a variant is a part of the conspiracy apparently...

He has many guests of the fundamentalist religious variety, which I find disconcerting as well as the fact he is a strong believer himself, but mostly hides it, so as to attract the secular people.

What he wants is a return to the times of old which he feels were better, where he can walk around with his gun in his holster like the Wild West. Time has moved on.

Yes, I did listen to him for awhile, I wandered into conspiracy territory for awhile before throwing the vast majority of it out.

10. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

So i assume you think then the Bilderburg meetings are all just about ultra rich folks getting together to discuss how they can best contribute to the Red Cross, Lions Club and the like ... ?
    or perhaps - like the mainstream media has done for decades - just completely deny their existance? :lol:

11. Mi lao shu

Mi lao shu Member

+1

12. Smoothcriminal

Smoothcriminal New Member Silver Stacker

So I married an axe murderer:

Stuart Mackenzie: Well, it's a well known fact, Sonny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as the Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.
    Tony Giardino: So who's in this Pentavirate?
    Stuart Mackenzie: The Queen, the Vatican, the Gettys, the Rothschilds, and Colonel Sanders before he went tets-up. Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee beady eyes! And that smug look on his face, "Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!"
    Charlie Mackenzie: Dad, how can you hate the Colonel?
    Stuart Mackenzie: Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes ya crave it fortnightly, smartarse!
    Charlie Mackenzie: Interesting.... Coo-coo.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPMS6tGOACo[/youtube]

13. Guest

Guest Guest

$50 is no barrier, its all time high is around $130 adjusted for inflation.

14. hennypenny

hennypenny New Member

Keen and Chapman are not comparable.

Keen is a scientist (albeit of the dismal variety) and provides maths to explain his predictions and his mistakes. He is one of the dozen professional economists on the planet who predicted the GFC.

Keen predicts a turn in the multi-decade Australian housing bull market. Nobody rings a bell at the top so predicting a turn is far more difficult than (like Chapman) predicting a continuation of a bull market.

To me, a quick scan of Chapman's page suggests he's a grandiose narcissist suffering the Dunning-Kruger effect (confidence bred from being too stupid to know you're stupid). He presumably attracts like-minded followers who necessarily think the only explanation for errors must be a very powerful and very secret conspiracy.

I also rather doubt Chapman is rich (unlike the oft-maligned Keynes who made a fortune and famously knew that, "The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent").

15. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

The masses do not see it that way so $50 is indeed a barrier. No one adjusts for inflation, they just look at numbers. I thought people would come to understand this given what happened in May.

Yeah, yeah, cry manipulation...

16. adze67

adze67 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Just wondering why the '$50' barrier has any traction?
    When the dance partner gold has nearly doubled it'e '80s high... everything is manipulated :p

17. Nukz

Nukz New Member

Wait a second, whats wrong with a bunch of wealthy business people getting together and talking about making money?

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah well I believe buying silver for anything under $100 is a bargain.

19. Nukz

Nukz New Member

Here's one for you YKY :)

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44015192

"Murphy, and GATA, believe that the gold market has been manipulated by bullion banks and central banks like the Federal Reserve and the Bank of England, as well as the International Monetary Fund (IMF). "

"Larsen pointed out that the Bank of England was pressurized by the Treasury to sell off more than half of the country's gold reserves between 1999 and 2002, when gold was a fraction of its current price.

Murphy spoke of a "gold cartel" and claimed that the sell-off came because Goldman Sachs and the Bank of England wanted to drive the price of gold down. "

Unfortunately no mention of silver.

20. BBQ

BBQ Member

Yes, he carries a gun.
    I've never owned a gun and if the Australian gov didn't make you jump through hoops to own one, I'd be armed now.

I think it's everyone's right to defend themselves, rather than be a sitting duck while the state-sponsored thugs get all the weaponry to do with as they wish.

The fact that this country is basically unarmed is a shame.
    I still remember enjoying slingshots, before they banned them too...