Why Bob Chapman says $70 silver short term

Discussion in 'Silver' started by mikedm, Jul 30, 2011.

1. BBQ

BBQ Member

Silver rises like a mofo.
    Thanks Bob (and just about everyone else who said the same).

2. Nukz

Nukz New Member

I will thank Bob when it hits $70 like he stated in the short term, short term lets put it at 3 months.

3. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

lol if silver goes to $70 in the short term gold better be at 3k :p

4. BBQ

BBQ Member

Let's not. You can always mail him and ask him.
    As far as I'm concerned, most people here expect a crystal ball from the guy.

Silver is the closest thing I can tell to a sure thing and still people complain and expect unreasonable things from The Bob.

5. BBQ

BBQ Member

I think it will reach 2k within 12 months, no problemo.
    Look at the charts. We have a new record already.
    That's a lot of new records lately.

6. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Do yourself a favour and watch "COPS" on Channel One during weeknights. i think its 7-8pm or something like that.

There is already effectively Martial Law. The US is a police state. Australia isnt far behind mind you...

7. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Yeh - there's also a carbon ta x in Europe... the only difference is that the proposed carbon tax in Australia will be about 100 times bigger than anywhere else on earth.

8. Nukz

Nukz New Member

People here expect a crystal ball?

Wait a second he came out with the $70 number lol so if it does not reach $70 he can't blame manipulation and crystal balls :p lol

9. BBQ

BBQ Member

You really think it won't reach $70?
    Time to bag on Jim Willie too, who thinks the same. And many others who think it will fly past $100. They also don't give specific dates but just say it's heading there. Just the last few weeks silver has flown up at least $4...

People seem to want date, hour and second here, even when he doesn't mention them.

10. BBQ

BBQ Member

11. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I find it quite amusing how many here jump up and down slapping themselves on the back every time silver takes a dip, saying this is proof Bob is an idiot, yet when it goes back straight up again i dont hear any chirps from them ... ?

lol

12. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Chirp :lol:

13. Smoothcriminal

Smoothcriminal New Member Silver Stacker

People want a timeframe because otherwise it's all BS - If I call anything but don't give a timeframe I can just move the goal posts whenever I want and not be accountable which is what I feel Bob does (spout random crap then say it's still gonna happen or manipulation/aliens/my senility made it not come true).

I'll say the same for anyone making any predictions on anything without backing it up with a timeframe.

14. Smoothcriminal

Probably because when it goes up their making money - maybe if they didn't listen to Bob and buy @ $50 odd us in April :lol:

Seriously though the man predicts high prices so when they go down people call him an idiot (because his prediction was for the opposite) and when prices go up they are trending in the direction he predicted so less reason to call him an idiot. Makes sense to me.

P.S. I'm not a fan of his.

15. BBQ

BBQ Member

So what you're against is the bumps in the road to $70? You want absolute certainty where to put your money at any particular time and save precious worrying and other stresses you might have? Am I reading things correctly or...?

Bob is giving us some great info. He's telling us it's a safe bet. If you are hung up on the EXACT moment (which he doesn't mention, by the way...) then you are looking for something he is not saying. I still can't believe the attitudes here. Silver gone up in LEAPS and BOUNDS in the last few weeks (which he told us it would!) and I've heard him saying to order because it may be our last chance before it goes up much higher. If you want me to chase up the interview where he said this, I will.

He was right.
    In my opinion, $70 is certain. Jim Willie has said similar things for the 6 month - 12 month timeframe. If you want to know what he means by short-term, mail him. I couldn't be bothered. I'm sitting on things long-term and don't care about temporary dips and don't demand crystal balls from someone already giving us so much of his time and experience for FREE.

16. Smoothcriminal

Yes I am against bumps and uncertainty - I realise however that these are a part of the asset class and so don't get worked up about them.
    The part of my comment you quoted was me merely explaining why people complaints are more vocal when the market is doing the exact opposite of what he predicted.

I also cannot be bothered mailing Bob to get clarification on what his "short term" timeframe is because I don't think he'd answer - I shook my magic 8 ball and it said not likely on him answering. The good news was when asked if silver would hit $70/ounce the 8ball said yes, however it like Bob refused to give a timeframe but unlike Bob it has a use in this case as a paperweight.

17. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

"it's assumed that $50 is resistance because people have held on since the 80s, what people forget is that the average trader is 55 years old.... they're all dead, there is no resistance. So what will we experience? it goes right through 50!"

oh wai.... :p

18. Nukz

Nukz New Member

Who th hell would hold a position open for this long... Does he know you pay interest on most long positions lol this is asuming they could stand the severe financial pain and not go into margin call just to hold there silver positions, please.

Maybe im missing something here but i just dont understand why somebody would leave a position open for 30 years.

I should also state i know you didnt say this roman, ive heard bob say this a few times. So my shortness is in no way aimed at you :)

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Bob said in an interview about a couple of weeks ago that silver going down to $18 was "within the realm of possibility".......though despite this he still has the view that it will double by the end of feb. That pretty much ends this debate about what bob means specifically.

20. BBQ

BBQ Member

Har har. If you really wanted to mail Bob, you could. He has said more than once that he answers all his email.

I think he works very hard and not enough people appreciate him. In fact, it's only here where I've come across some serious Bob criticism.