Who still got them silver dragons .... whats your dragon story ....

Discussion in 'Silver' started by pmstacker, Dec 6, 2011.

1. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

we shall see, live long and all will be played out.

got a bunch of little dragons and big ones, after the pre-sale was closed, but PM delayed, so I got the metal 2 months after payments. managed to let go and shared them at lower prices, since the spot drop a lot, as for the 1oz, I got it just weeks ago, nothing near the high in the beginning, but seems like at stable price right now, not moving very much, but at least $40 lesser each coin compared to $110.

more than happy to keep mine, since I bought it to keep. but how to refuse free silver, I thought my silver is always free!

2. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Jesus H Christ!!!..I thought there was never going to be a day when i would agree with Auspmbut definitely agree with all that was said.
    The Dragon debacle degraded the whole SS communityit was painful watching the Bullshit surrounding The Dragon release.
    Lots of dealers lost a whole lot of credibility in my eyes and benefited by receiving interest free loans for quite some time.
    If that happened at a business such as J* HiFooWell ..No it would never have occured they wouldn't shaft their customers the way this all unfolded.
    A feeding frenzy fuelled by greed.
    I had a number of conversations with dealers over the Dragon pre orders and how the Perth Mint categorically stated in Email that it had not allocated any pre release silver bullion numbers.However the line was still being touted that Dealers had been allocated pre issue amounts when they knew this was a Furphy.
    It turned a civilised community into a flock of seagulls like an epic KFC chip box drop out the car window.
    Truly the hypocrisy as Auspm pointed out was stunning.
    Never was there a better example that intelligence and common sense can sometimes be mutually exclusive.
    If you disagree with what i have saidsave your breath because i am truly not F***ing listening.
    REDBACK

3. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

I had the oppurtunity to buy a roll from the perth mint, but refused out of principle to pay $10 over spot for a coin.

4. spclst69

spclst69 Member

I still have my 20 from release. I will sell them eventually. Or maybe trade them for gold at some point. Or maybe keep them as a family heirloom. Or it could be my lucky coins like uncy Scrooge.

Come to think of it, Mine were lost in a boating accident.

5. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Rubbish. Two distributors in the country that I'm aware of would have had this perceived benefit. Sick of seeing this broad-based allegation being made on here.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Go have a look at the gouging done on E-Bay etc right after release for evidence, along with the "sorry cant forfill order excuses" while still selling for a profit elsewhere such as E-bay.

No I dont have evidence but the proof is in the money taken and held while prices got to elevated levels on E-Bay, and pre orders at sane prices were withheld.

You yourself admit two distributors.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Care to name them ?

8. Fykus

Fykus Member Silver Stacker

About a week before the dragon release i had to decide whether i wanted a complete s1 set or 20 dragons since i could only afford one.
    I chose the s1 set.
    Ill be ready for the snake next year.

9. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

No I don't care to. No point slinging mud - the one I personally dealt with made allocations to dealers in good faith.

Only three dealers made pre-orders via Silver Stackers, I can't speak for those elsewhere, but the allegations keep getting made on here without a boundary on where these practices occurred, and I personally know the stress and financial pain that fulfilling dragon pre-orders caused to all three dealers (myself being a shareholder of one of them). For the record I was paying $60 retail for dragons to backfill orders sold at $44, so the idea that it was all a big gouge-fest for every dealer sticks in my craw.

10. cdnmetalmetalhead

cdnmetalmetalhead New Member

Wowza!! Do one of you guys work at the perth mint or something and pulled some strings for me? Both the gilded Dragon and Tiger are now in stock! Just couple of days ago they were both unavailable!

Thanks!! I'll get that ordered as soon as I get on my home computer!

Reason I'm getting the tiger as well is that my Son was born in that year, and I have another on the way this summer.

11. lamp

lamp New Member

That happened a few times, a while ago, rabbit was 'unavailable' and tigar was 'unavailable' twice.

12. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Monitored Ainslie's website daily for weeks, and rang a couple of times... Strange thing was on the morning of 21-Sept, while standing at the bus-stop, noticed a young lady wearing silver (not grey) coloured shoes. A sign :) Then about 10:00am, noticed Ainslie's website made mention of silver dragons, rang up, and yep they had arrived.

Transferred $$ into my account and then ran/jogged about 1.5 km to their office. Time was of the essence... No mucking around here, as everyone knew that dragons would sell instantly. Got each coin for $46.23, and brought a box of 100. This was a $2 premium per coin, over & above the standard koala/kookaburra 1oz coin price. Whoo hoo. Ainslies set a limit of 100 per family, meaning that husband could not buy 100 and wife also get another hundred. The last time I was at Ainslie's was 8 months previously. Got back to work and showed my colleague, who also has silver (at Perth Mint), and he was pondering whether or not he would also go and get some dragons. He deferred it until the next day, which was "too late", as by 5:00pm on 21-Sept, the premium had already gone up at least $300+, can't remember the exact number, but it was multiples of $100. Within a week, Ainslie's fixed the price of their remaining boxes, which still stands today.

Opened one roll and have given away a few as gifts to people, and will gradually gift this roll to others, and leave the other 4 rolls unopened. These rolls will be sold either when silver is skyrocketing in price (when a few hundred million more chinese want silver), or will leave them in my Will to charity.

So... to hear people whining about not getting dragons strikes me as a bit lame. I had no special deal or agreement with Ainslie's, nor am one of their larger customers. But common sense dictated that you needed to keep your eyes open and when the opportunity arose, you don't just lazily stroll down to your local dealer... no! You bloody well run, or at least half-jog.