Who kept hitting Refresh Last Night

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Sticks, Jan 4, 2011.

1. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

Well, in that case I'm even more impressed. It wasn't easy for me starting out learning programming and I needed help from others to understand certain concepts so I'm very impressed with what you have done. As for source code, hah, you should see what the so-called professionals put together. Yours would be/could be no worse than a lot of others I have seen out there. Anyway, I'll give it a pass for now, no real experience with delphi, I'm a C#.NET man.

The thought of having an open source project that Silver Stacker programmers could contribute to is a quite intriguing idea though. Plus, there's a whole bunch of willing testers here. Hmmm....

2. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

Well, tbh, no. Personally I don't keep track of how much my stack is currently worth, I just go by the silver price and work out rough percentages in my head. ie, I bought around 16 and it's now 30 so I've roughly doubled my money in Silver. I think it's a good, useful tool, but just not something I personally am all that interested in at the minute.

What interests me is something which basically uses the prices and ratios to determine if silver (or gold) has reached a bubble stage and it's time to sell. Lots of people have talked about indicators, Mike Maloney has a whole suite of them apparently and some people on here have talked about ratios compared to dow/housing/oil etc. Basically I wanted to collect up all people's ideas on the indicators and basically like I said just have them in all one dynamic dashboard view so we could see precisely how the bull market is progressing at any time.

3. mickjohn

mickjohn New Member

Well.... im not sure about indicators. But people arent buying too much real estate at the moment. There seems to be a fair amount of volatility in the stock market and I guess there is a lot of money looking for a place to be invested.
    If the stock market gets a decent smack, and property is not yet a goer...... it doesnt leave much. Cash will either be king or just perhaps Precious Metals.

I was actually wondering last night. Trying to pick the cycles etc. "well, no one is buying real estate at the moment, so why arent I looking there". I know its not a good time, but theres a pretty good chance that a few of use wont know when the right time is to shift from one vessel to another.

I am interested in Mike Maloneys attempt to pick the top, but thats all it is. an attempt. Love the book tho!