Who here still refuses to pay the ridiculous prices of silver now?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by adrenalin, Dec 14, 2010.

1. legggggy

legggggy New Member

To answer the topic question. I dont consider silver to be ridiculously priced atm, in fact its still ridiculously undervalued, which is the reason why i continue to purchase as much of it as i can.

2. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

So you're all upset that BM wasn't naked short selling into a rising market?

BM's explanation is perfectly reasonable - better to suspend online orders in uncertain pre-market conditions than face a situation where a "run" on physical empties the shelves at prices that can't be met the next trading day, sustaining a loss for the business to cover orders.

3. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

here we go! I sense we being pulled into line again by an "unbiased" administrator? otherwise we will be sent to the Russian front:)

4. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

I think you mean the "ignore" afront

Of course BM did the right thing. Its called staying in business

5. goldpelican

No, but there's a delete account function for trolls.

6. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

after being called a Troll:) , I'm perhaps walking a fine line here but I'll give it a shot eh! I'm mystified - I voiced a topic today at a particular time in the day which some members clearly agree with and which was to facilitate members with in this forum. I also have said in the past that this particular dealer was very helpful and good to do business with however, if a pattern develops time and time again (which I myself was not aware of till other memebers commented as a result of the posting) buyers can then plan accordingly against a particular dealers operating methods with regards to this knowledge. If views stimulate interesting thoughts it can only benefit the knowledge of the collective group surely?

7. goldpelican

Well you essentially declared them to be "dodgy", by calling their strategy dodgy, and then inferring that people "say JP Morgan is dodgy". There's stimulating minds, and there's panning businesses.

Staying in business is, well, sound business. There's nothing dodgy about suspending orders when markets are closed and uncertain market conditions may be prevailing, if it means avoiding a situation where the ability to honour struck prices is placed at risk. Would you honestly rather that they had stayed open for trade, stock on hand been exhausted, "naked" selling have continued, and then silver jump $3/oz on the opening bell?

A reason was even openly given up front as to why ordering was suspended. Many bullion dealers simply don't accept online ordering outside of business hours at all.

8. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

I suppose everyone can decide on their view that's the beauty about a forum, either way I think this topic has been very robust and educational for all to read and discovered. We can conclude that, as sure as day follows night there will be volatile markets ahead of us and we now all know where we "perhaps" stand when trying to purchase bullion from dealers:) taking this mornings dip as an example.

This morning it was just a ripple next time it may be a Tsunami.

9. Silver is Money

Silver is Money Member Silver Stacker

I really can't believe you're argueing over a 50 cent price in silver, which is a only $5.00 per 10 oz bar. You spend more than this at Maccas getting a coffee. You really need to stop focusing on the micro picture.

You can't pick the bottom or the top, so stop trying. Just forget about the price at these levels and accumulate your stack when you can. The price of silver is going much higher, so in the long run 50 cents per oz is mere background noise.

Loosen up a little and enjoy the ride. :D

10. greyman68

greyman68 New Member

What he said!!!

11. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

hihosilver, you've got the money, it's your's, you can see fit how you choose to spend it. It's your right, goddamnit. :p I don't spend spend money at any business i don't feel comfortable with doing business. Then again, if the price is right I'll quickly change my tune if it benefits me. As is the right of any business.

My wife and I are in business, we take the good with bad, too much bad lately, but we keep trading. We aim to keep all of our customers happy. Each day posters on this forum question the tactics employed by those that list on ebay, don't see how your opinions hihosilver are any different - could someone else please enlighten me? Indeed the whole ethical process employed by a varied number of businesses is brought under question. Lets keep the personal attacks under control a bit.

Fiatphoney - what do you mean by the "ignore afront", this is the second time I have read a post with reference to such a term and it is a concern as I'm scared my name is on there. :)

12. kram

kram New Member

Look what you've done hiho, BM is now DOWN

13. mmm....shiney!

yep, nice one hiho :)

14. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

I noticed - but if I say anything it seems I get chastised oh well:)

15. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

mmm shiney - thanks for you support and "yes" because of the correspondence I received this morning I have made plans to set up other accounts at other dealers so that I can pick and choose when purchasing in the future. Therefore it was a positive result for me:) Seems the price is falling again yeeeeeehaaaa!

16. kram

kram New Member

Haha, I was tempted to troll you earlier on but refrained. And good idea, it's wise to check out a multitude of dealers (it's what I do before purchasing) as they have varying ways of tracking and adjusting to suit the spot price. BM is pretty up there with frequency, but I'm yet to purchase from them. Some dealers you wouldn't have even seen a price adjustment for that quick dip!

17. mmm....shiney!

Hiho, the days of brand or company loyalty are long behind us. I used to swear by Miller and Rhoads a Virginia (US) based departmnet store for my clothing needs, then they went upstiity and were gone. Actually I didn't, never having been to the Sates, but it was an interesting story.

Shop around, buy where you can get the best value, if one of our site sponsors offers the best deal buy from them, if not tell them you can get it elsewhere (buy the time they get back to you though it'll probably be too late though). You've got to look after yourself.

18. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

its the response time between striking at the precise time and then hoping that the dealer keeps up their side of the bargain which is frustrating moi:) I've had one dealer mess around for perhaps 5 mins inside their location when I was picking up other bars which cost me about $250.00 because of spot fluxuations. That's five cases of VB!!!:)

19. kram

kram New Member

Christ as shit as it is drink Hollandia, it's better than VB. But that would've been 8 cases down the drain

20. mmm....shiney!

5 cases of VB for $250? You have very cheap VB down your way hiho.