Where is BTC the cheapest?

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by TreasureHunter, Nov 19, 2013.

1. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

I am checking Bitstamp, but their prices are 40-50 $ higher per BTC than on BTC-e!

How much did transfer commissions cost you? I suppose it's about 50 $. Last time I transfered somewhere abroad cost me 25 $ (my commissions) and had to pay 25 $ (receiver's commissions) as well.

All these eat up your funds and you end up throwing 100 $ away just to fund your account!

2. hyphenated

hyphenated Active Member

YMMV

OzForEx is considerably cheaper than bank transfers; fees will depend upon the currency pairs and the amount - it's free at certain higher levels (AUD to USD is around $5, I think). I did this in April, and can't find my records, but you need to compare total entry costs. In other words, how much to get the money into the exchange, how much to trade into Crypto, how much to transfer to Point or Wallet A. Perform the same calculations on exit.

I keep my 'working' Crypto spread around to minimise the risk of hacking or loss, long-term store can be paper if you so desire. Getting $ out remains the biggest hurdle, but already there are double the options (or more).

Apropos earlier Bitcoin questions, if you are this low on the learning curve, don't touch mining with a twenty-foot pole. If you are going to mine at all, mine LTC in a pool while SCRYPT still offers some degree of protection from economic FPGA and ASIC miners (only consider other altcoins when you are further up the curve and can evaluate winners and losers). Newer coins *may* net you profits provided you are first in, first out, and well-informed. I regard myself as none of the above, so stick to a mainstream coin.

3. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Excellent advice from hyphenated, IMHO :)

4. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

I'm guessing that you all pretty much know and believe that BTC-e is the cheapest place to buy cryptos...

However I'm frustrated like hell about how the hell you people are using this site at present??
    Please, for those of you who have actually used this site to swap or purchase cryptos please share your experience in terms of the following:

1. If you choose to NOT go through the whole "identify yourself" routine (but do have a login/account) then is there anything at all I can do with my account, can I
    a) deposit money ?
    b) purchase bitcoins ?
    c) transfer bitcoins to my own wallet or to another exchange ?
    d) transfer cash OUT of my account to my own bank account ?

I would imagine that I cannot do (d) without ID, but i just want confirmation on whether i can do any of the other things on this site without ID verification?

2. It seems as if they do accept USD via wire transfer... and so one could either do wire transfer via your bank (which would work out bluddy expensive) or you could wire money over using OzForEx. What is the exact process i would need to follow in order to deposit money into my account using wire transfer? I mean i dont see any link to my account from which i can charge it via money transfer... no reference number i could use for a wire transfer, no destination bank account details for the transfer ... in fact sweet f..all details i can use in order to actually execute a wire transfer!!
    Also, if you've actually done this. what fees do they rape off your deposit on their side? ;)

Must admit i'm pretty close to being over it with this whole bitcoin thingie..
    I find this same problem with virtually any and all sites - they all SAY they accept this and that method of depositing money into your account, but once you're actually logged into your account and you want to actually follow through with this and commence the process i find there is NOTHING NADA SWEET F..ALL link or process to follow in order to actually DO the deposit! (no reference numbers, directions, bank details, account details ... nothing!)

The only exception i found was with Coinjar - they actually have a user friendly process which guides you through exactly what to do in order to effect a deposit into your account!!

5. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

You been taking "TheEnd" pills skipper? ;)

6. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

lol yeh something like that ;)

i'm finding things very frustrating... sites advertising how they accept deposits using this that and the other method, yet when you actually want to make a deposit there is f..all details or links to get you on your way with the deposit.

and then of course there's always the "threat" of ID verification looming over one's head - absolutely no transparency about what you can or cannot do with or without ID verification...

and probably most frustrating of all is how so many members here have used these various sites but seem adament on NOT sharing details on any of the pertinent questions i've placed recently... ?? very very disappointing i must confess! ;(

7. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

I swear TheEnd, capt.sparrow and TreasureHunter are all the same guy.

8. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

You're trying to pull the dodgy and remain totally anonymous to these sites, whilst still trying to withdraw a lot of money from them.

This rings so many fraud bells, it's not funny.