What's the future of silver look like to you?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Coins A-Z, Nov 23, 2017.

1. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...r-power-supply-to-singapore-afr-idUSKBN1WA023

I hope he has bought enough silver. 3GW requires 10 million solar panels. Even if assuming only half an oz of silver is required for each panel, you need 5 million ounces which is $90 million dollars at today's price. Not a lot of money if you consider the whole project is 14 billion dollars. $90 million is less than 1 percent of $14B. Price aside, securing that amount of physical silver is another matter.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    JOHNLGALT, Silver Soul and openeyes like this.
  2. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

Yes, silver has so many uses & it is being used up in minute unrecoverable amounts.
    Buy & hold for the long term, Paper & digital currency are for the VERY short term.
    If you want to use the paper & digits to acquire REAL MONEY, that seems like the deal of our life-time.
    It is the once in a life-time opportunity to set your family up Generational Wealth.

3. JOHNLGALT

ERROR PRINTER Thread cannot be found. O.K.

4. JOHNLGALT

Silver has got the BANKSTERS $#!TT!NG BR!CK$ @ 84 point how many? Silver ounces to 1 ounce of Gold. Silver will do them in, just keep taking this 'CHEAP REAL MONEY' off the table. LOLOL. - you can thank me after the 'RESET'. Remember the name: _JOHNLGALT.

WEDGIE_1_GOT ONE.jpg

Number 47 likes this.
  5. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Or, there is this perspective...

eagle.jpg

Slimey and SilverSale like this.
  6. shinymetal

shinymetal Well-Known Member

sgbuyer likes this.
  7. Number 47

Number 47 Well-Known Member

Word is getting out about real money, good old gold and silver, wealth's save haven... or is it just me bumping up the numbers by checking the price every 5 minutes?

The futures so bright for Gold and silver, it's gotta wear shades.

Keep on stacking, or at least sit on that stack for a bit longer images (1).jpeg

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  8. JOHNLGALT

The future of silver is looking fantastic (as always), especially after watching this 3 minutes 49 seconds video which explains why we all should have as much silver as we can get for our FIAT CR@P. Not an investment adviser this way, just a smart cookie. _JOHNLGALT.
    p.s. $#!T for brains, don't bother whinging & whining about me posting a COPY of an article on 2 threads when there are 45,077 different Discussions on this website. GET A LIFE (preferably one for yourself).
    Discussions: 45,077

TheGreatestTruthNeverTold

9. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

As long as the COMEX sets the spot price the future of silver looks tarnished ....

66rounds and milled like this.
  10. JOHNLGALT

Yeah, this can go here. This coin could have a ROSY future.
    2020 Perth Mint 2 oz Welcome Stranger EPIC UNBOXING!!

Silverbandit007 and 66rounds like this.
  11. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

How nice to be remembered

Here's to old John
    who just goes on and on
    with the same old spin
    from his usual thin skin.
    So don't dare question his fonts sense
    or his duplicate repetitive nonsense
    about the Deep State, Trump and Bankers
    (and I know I could rhyme it, but I'll not)
    'cos it would be just one more thing
    to get old John's knickers in a knot!

And here's some more pink to match!
    :p:p:p

paruwka likes this.
  12. Slimey

Slimey Well-Known Member

It's all about time really......all things come to fruition. The problem is we don't always live long enough to witness it. My Weet Bix card collection from the 1970's will eventually be worth something....I just hope my great, great, great grandchildren spend their windfall wisely.

STKR and 66rounds like this.
  13. JOHNLGALT

YAWN, wake me when it gets 1 : 1 with gold. _JOHNLGALT.

14. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

I don't think you'd want to have an eternal sleep. No-one will be alive to wake you up when that happens.

You could also wait until Andorra beats Argentina 9-0 at the World Cup and gets the cup!

15. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You will be sleeping permantly and your bones long turned to dust before it gets even close to that

16. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you're willing to ignore the deficits in global mining supply vs global demand, the declining ore grades over the past few decades, the reduction in the mining ratio of silver to gold from 10:1 in 2015 to 8:1 in 2019, the deminishing above ground available stockpiles and influence a small amount of money (relative to other markets) can make on the silver market, then yeah, a 1:1 silver to gold price ratio won't happen in our lifetimes....
    but...

Considering Only 30% of mines that produce silver specifically target silver in their operations, then who do we turn to when we require additional global supply? Are Gold, Copper, lead and zinc miners going to increase output to add to the global silver supply? Possibly, but the most likely places we will get an increase in silver supply is through the primary silver mines and scrap metal refiners.

Understanding the above point, one must ask: what is the annual production capacity of silver refiners and primary silver mines? If we have a 200 million oz increase in investor demand, where would that silver come from in a yearly deficit environment?

Because silver is such a small market and we have yearly mining deficits + an estimated 4x less available above ground silver when compared to gold, even the smallest amount of money going into the silver market could see the price ratio between silver and gold tank to record lows.

I believe we could see a 1:1 silver to gold price ratio in most of our lifetimes, just by continuing the current trend of increased industrial demand and stagnant/decreasing mining supply. Even more likely if you factor in the potential financial crisis and/or global currency crisis.

Additionally, the Comex manipulation only works if you can feed the markets with the physical metal in time of deficit. How long this can continue is anyone's guess, but this doesn't mean we can't make calculated estimates:

In 2018 it has been estimated that we have approx. 530,000 Metric Tonnes (MT) of known global below ground silver reserves and approx. 50,000 MT of global above ground silver reserves and a further estimated 64,000 MT of investment grade silver.

There are 32,154 Troy ounces in 1 MT of silver.

530,000 MT = 17 billion Oz's below ground.
    50,000 MT = 1.6 billion Oz's above ground.
    64,000 MT = 2 billion Oz's of investor grade silver above ground.

This equates to 20.6 billion Oz's of potential silver supply for our future, or potentially 20 years at current demand.

One very important factor to consider is Scrap metal refining. Currently we rely on scrap metal refining to make up the shortfall of Global mine supply vs global demand (20%). Eventually, the price of silver will reach a level where scrap metal refining will be economical to meet a significant % of global demand, but just like the below ground silver stockpiles, the above ground available silver scrap for recycling is also a finite supply.

I haven't even scratched the surface on how Silvers price could explode to levels which match gold. I believe that anyone intending to hold silver for 15-20 years will be rewarded handsomely for their patience.

I think many veteran stackers have seen the cycles and understand the level of control and manipulation within the silver market. They also understand the hype and the narrow-sighted 'optimism' regurgitated by the speculators. But I think the longer you've been in the Silver game, the more susceptible you are to the "Once bitten, twice shy" conditioning, which can result in ignorance towards the core fundamentals of the silver market.

17. JOHNLGALT

Thanks for having an open mind. (STKR)
    You, and many others will be rewarded handsomely for your forethought.
    A lifetime study on everything I can get my hands on with silver & gold over the last 50 years encourages me to believe I am in a happy place. 1 : 1 is my position. _JOHNLGALT.

18. Oddjob

Oddjob Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

But can that deficit come from somewhere other than land based mines?

Some companies have been looking at sea bed mining. Refer link.

https://www.kunc.org/post/seafloor-becomes-next-frontier-gold-diggers

Putting aside questions that arise re environmental damage to the sea floor and sea life, if this method of mining proves up from both a tech feasibility perspective and also from a financial perspective....and they are expecting to mine up sliver and gold among other minerals...then what does that do to supply and global prices....Until someone starts bring up those minerals cheaply and they can prove up the reserves, then it's a "hurry up and wait" scenario but one aspect of mining to keep your eyes on.

The UN has set up a global body to regulate such and are now trying to finalise the UN protocols / rules for same.

https://www.un.org/en/chronicle/article/international-seabed-authority-and-deep-seabed-mining

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/01/20000-feet-under-the-sea/603040/

Worth keeping an eye.

openeyes, 66rounds and STKR like this.
  19. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/forecast-when-well-run-out-of-each-metal/

Yep, about 15-20 years left. That's why I say - do not sell your silver...

Also, most of the silver is in a few countries in the Americas, if they start playing with supply like Russia is playing with Palladium, the spike could come quicker.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    66rounds, STKR and JOHNLGALT like this.
  20. STKR

STKR Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's an interesting development indeed. Thanks for sharing, Oddjob.

What's most fascinating to me, is that these developments appear to rely on high metal prices to be economically feasible. I would be very interested in seeing how this all unfolds, how long it takes these companies to get from the planning stages to production stages and what the cost per oz of production will be.

I'd almost bet my stack on the fact that none of these mining operations would be primary silver mines, although they would add to the global mining production of silver none-the-less....but would it be enough?

In the short term (5-10 years) I can't see the silver price getting to a 1:1 ratio with gold unless mass fear and hysteria kick in and the 'mainstreamians' flock to safe haven assets...like Bitcoin :)D Just messin').

I think the biggest threat to Silvers demand is potential alternatives to its industrial uses in electronics. Graphene is not a threat to Silver in this area today, but it could be in 20+ years time, especially if the silver price spikes to levels that force manufacturers to consider alternatives...

66rounds likes this.