What would you spend $2000 on if you had less than 10oz of Silver?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Gucci, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

stack the fiat for now unless you want a gamble in my opinion. If so I'd go with gold just to be safe.

Investors are not seeing PMs as a safe haven anymore, can change quickly, but i'd wait for a sign before throwing thousands at the stuff. You don't want to go through this year with metal if the fed are going to slowly stop printing, it'll be 1 smack in the face after another.

2. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

kilo bars :) left over 10oz bar

3. Gucci

Gucci New Member

On ebay i see all kindzzz of bids for 100oz bars??? They just seem like the better buy. Your getting more silver without paying alot in premiums. And it now it appears easy to sell. I see over 12+ bids of most of the 100oz bars there. I think we lose the concept of the first post. You only get 1 oppurnity to get a 100oz bar for basically free. You can always buy smaller bars and coins with your paycheck afterwards.

4. Bobby Woodlawn

Bobby Woodlawn New Member

Interestingly, these were the 2 my wife & I liked the most and bought first. Then we bought the whole flight. Then those two again. They are already starting to differentiate. I can second this position. -mk

5. GreyGhost

GreyGhost New Member

BW,
    Thanks for the reply. After the OP did not know what Troy ounces was I was sure
    I had wasted a valuable tip :) 100 Oz bar? chasing a few nickles cheaper or 5 extra oz at purchase? No way. i like free better.
    20-30 oz free? (but 10 of each.. flip 7-8 , keep 2-3). Takes patience and you always have the silver if the puck does not take off.
    Nothing wrong with painted dragons if that's what you like. I prefer stuffing 50 cal ammo cans with free silver.
    oh and don't forget this years pucks. They may blow the whole thing open. (if they keep the mintage 25k or less).

6. Gucci

Gucci New Member

What makes it rise in value? Are you banking on the low mintage of the coins?
    "You cannot add that amount of "2013 5 oz ATB Mount Rushmore Silver Coin" to the cart because there is not enough stock (113 remaining)."

7. GreyGhost

GreyGhost New Member

Since you asked I shall tell. Consider the following and try applying this to anything else.
    1: Mintage of 30,000-35,000 each
    2: Premium equal or less than all world bullion coins
    3: Stackers buy them, collectors buy them, individuals buy certain parks, set builders (only 24,400 full sets even possible to date)
    4: You can also chase the "collector versions" from the US Mint but that is an emotional decision...I stack/flip..without emotion
    -Bonus: limited "collector edition" mintage's ALSO drive the bullion versions higher (ex: Hawaii) - you win with the bullion either way.

Perth 1 oz Lunars (300k) are the only thing comparable. But that is really a collectors coins. and a nice one.
    For raw stacking, being able to pick up as many as you can afford on a dip etc...this issue is only going up..way up

So the 2014s come out and the USMINT announces that they are upping the bullion run to 100,000 or something (just projecting), wont happen.
    The 2013s blow up OVER NIGHT. Get them now close to spot while you can or be sorry.
    Feel free to compare this idea to every suggestion here this time next year.

8. Bobby Woodlawn

I will admit I have an emotional connection to Rushmore & McHenry, that is why I bought more than one each. I will be willing to sell all but 1 each, when that time comes, and buy more of the next year. My wife, on the other hand, sees this more as 'coin collecting', (something she did with her Dad as a child). Again, that is why we bought more than 1 each. Moreover, I am strongly resisting My OCD and wanting to have a "complete" set. Someone else's OCD to have a complete set MAY make me money down the line. How long does a piece's price over SPOT have to malinger before you think it has "topped out"? -mk

9. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

^
    Not flat enough!

11. Gucci

Gucci New Member

So do all the ATB coins go up in value after a few years?

12. Bobby Woodlawn

So far it looks as if some, for what ever peculiar reason, outperform others. The even numbered years are going up. 2011 had the highest mintage, that may be suppressing rise in price. It looks like Rushmore & McHenry should be 2013's heavy hitters. I got a tub of Vicksburgs, recently. No affinity for them, just wanted a tightly packed set of OZs. If you just want pucks you can get 2011 "Scruffy"s for under $120 (spot 19.54). -mk