what would you sell?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Naphthalene Man, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

yep, that yellow tongue stuff. It's a weatherboard place on stumps. Standard practice. The cement underneath the tiles is placed on the yellow tongue.

2. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

yeah i know the stuff they usually want 19mm fibre cement sheeting in the wet areas u will need to have it waterproofed with a membrane then use flexible tile adhesive because of the movement on the piers

3. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You could try the credit card juggle - buy a Bunnings component bathroom, pay someone to put it in place and certificate it - and juggle the debt from low interest card to low interest card until you can manage. Needs an iron will though.
    That way you keep the gold and the silver.

p.s I just watched 'Big Love' - a TV series about a polygamist and his wives. One of the characters ends up 70k in debt - 'I thought the prophet said we wouldn't have to worry about paying it back since the end is nigh' - or words to that effect. Always best to assume that nothing will happen. lol

4. Naphthalene Man

yep, i did the waterproofing for the toilet and laundry. but the laundry has cracked due to the inbalance in the old washing machine - damn it.

5. Naphthalene Man

i'm not worried about the 10k debt, i can get that down quickly if we focused on it.
    Big love is a good show if it's the one i'm thinking of - he has 3 wives in 3 houses? I used to enjoy it. It's the stuff of my nightmares though.

6. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

that 19mm secura board is heavy duty stuff .... seems like they approved the yellow tongue so cement sheet /tile underlay is the way to go over that, bond breakers in the corners and membrane it really well .... use the largest tiles you can ... thats my 2cents worth

7. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

pm sent

8. Naphthalene Man

I've already bought the tiles a few years ago when we did the toilet and laundry (opposite). Unfortunately i don't like them anymore :( They are fine but i like others better.

9. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Tiger Woods has his own TV show?

10. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Check out the local Bunnings store and see if they have any How To shows on. They usually have them on Saturdays and Sundays.

I went to one show on how to build a patio and it certainly helped me. I had built fences and sheds before but the 27sq metre patio was my biggest job.
    It cost me $3400 and it took me three months to build mainly because I was buying the materials as I went. 2weeks if you buy all materials at once.

If you are a home handyman you can do it.

If you build it yourself at least You can arrange the purchase of materials say over 3months and you may be able to save your gold and have the taps plated.

Anyway best of luck with your project.

Regards Errol43

PS the patio would have cost10k if I had it built.

11. Dabloodymess

Dabloodymess Active Member

Personally my gold is the last thing to go. As they say, gold is for life...

If your handy I would probably try and do as much as you can yourself. That way as you will be working slowly as you have time you will also only slowly have to fork over dosh for materials, which should make it manageable... and because it is clear something is being doen, even of it is slow, wifey will stop nagging for a new bathroom ;)

12. Bulawan pilak

Bulawan pilak New Member

You will probably need to seel the Silver...the Gold can then be used to melt down and mold into a dunnyseat....lol