What is the end game?

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Lunartic, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

You honestly believe the banks are just going to write off the loss under inflation?

They'll ramp up rates to the moon.

You won't get a free pass on commodities due to inflation. The banks will make sure of it.

Right now, they're trying to kick start the economy by issuing debt. That won't last. At some point, interest rates are going to have to go up and go up sharply.

If you don't have a job to make the payments - banks win.

If you DO have a job and not a fixed rate long term - banks win.

If you DO have a job AND a long term fixed rate - banks will still find a way to win.

Don't bet against the house mate, they've rigged the game. The vast majority of folks I saw lose homes here in Australia during our last major recession (1990s) were on mortgages about 25% of what they are as standard today.

Unfortunately, we have an entire generation of fearless investors come on board since then who have only ever known a boom cycle & been encouraged relentlessly to take on debt by the bigger end of town.

The lesson that will be learned later will be sobering to say the least.

2. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

And its going to be ugly

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Some educational vids to watch over a cuppa or two.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uwnsRHHtt0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev8h20k0Jhg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uye9cdBq8z0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb1n1X0Oqdw[/youtube]

Debt is a sure path to slavery I believe.

Don't get me wrong, some (even here) will bestow the virtue of debt leveraged investment as the sure (and arguably ONLY) path to prosperity for the individual.

But that's how the game is played. It promotes are few 'winners' as being 'proof' of how 'fool proof' it is, and then fleeces the rest.

I'm not a debt advocate for many reasons, but in order to understand the arguements properly, you need to have the info under your belt first.

4. Silver is Money

Silver is Money Member Silver Stacker

Stuff that. Go down kicking and screaming I say ;)

[​IMG]

5. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I won't profess for speaking for Auspm but my take is this

* Most loans aren't fixed and you can be assured that banks will hike rates very quickly

* If you lose your job the banks will be very quick to swoop in for the kill

* If you keep your job but pay rises don't keep up your screwed

* Should a correction occur it will be of a inflationary and/or deflationary nature.

6. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Firstly, most forums and web sites concerning this subject matter are US based. Keep that firmly in mind when reading them.

It really does boil down to your own personal world view. I personally prepare for an interruption to services from such sources as a flood or earthquake disrupting supplies. My wifes friend openly laughed at my stockpile of water (roughly a months worth) and commented derisory at my ample supply of food (a months worth). She lives in Christchurch and no longer finds my stash funny. Personally I'm angry that she opened cupboards she had no reason to open, what with being a guest in my house and all that. :mad:

My recommendation is to have a deep pantry. That is, store a few weeks (or whatever) worth of stuff you eat and use. You won't have to go out to the shops as often, and touch wood, if the worst happened you could kick back at home and watch it unfold on Foxtel ;)

7. Sticks

Sticks New Member

Why stop to give it the bird, if your on the beach you are halfway home, get into the water and get out as far as you can if your lucky you may get out before the break. In Japan the break was about half a mile out (indicating a shallow bay.) If you get out beyond the break point you can dog paddle over it, If you cant get out far enough to avoid the break, dive down to the bottom, 10 ft of water will absorb most of the force, will be a rough ride but a good chance of surviving it - at that stage its only water - gets a lot harder to survive when its a mixture of cars and house falling onto you.
    At sea a big tsunami is only about a foot high, its just a ripple traveling at high speed. Must have been a few thousand ships out in the pacific and I bet 99% didnt even see it - unless they were looking for it. They only build up when they get into shallow water.

8. bsides

bsides Active Member Silver Stacker

agree with this post but not so much on the point "If you DO have a job AND a long term fixed rate - banks will still find a way to win." -> the banks may not offer long term fixed rates (on my loan i think the furthest out they'll fix is 3 years), but if you have one, they can't just change that. most ppl will lose, but the smart ones will do ok.... i hold some debt as i see it as an essential hedge.

9. OneDay

OneDay Active Member Silver Stacker

Now the end game is here is much scarier than anyone imagined.

* AI Chat Bots, Text, Speech and news articles
    * Policing, all complaints are "racisim related" not poverty, loss of freedom etc
    * Slow intentional destruction of society
    * Threats of chipping and injected with mystry vaccenes that may do who knows what to you body and mind.
    * Zombie population
    * No real human inteaction
    * And much much more. What perfectly amazing planned shitstorm.
    * Trump as the scap goat / fall guy actor

Yeah this is much worse than any thing imagined back when this thread was around.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
    Davros10, 66rounds and STKR like this.
  10. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is a very old thread but the end game is what you make it.

Perhaps folk you should always be prepared.
    Many folk go their whole life not realizing what their life goal is.
    Some get a wake-up call, maybe they have travelled OS, seen how folk really live, maybe thay have been in, or witnessed hostilities.
    You'll soon change your mind when you've been thirsty and hungry or been scared to sleep at night.
    Some of the things we take for granted are precious.
    The stats indicate people have poor health; not that they don't know what to do, but they prefer whisky, beer, pizza and chocolate (can't blame them) ;)
    than avoiding foods that make them sick and to exercize is like getting kicked in the balls.

So the end game is what you make it.
    You can skill yourself, be healthy, have a modest home, a reasonable car, a happy family, food, water and a warm, dry safe place to live.
    The end game comes to us all, it doesn't matter how important we think we are, there will always be someone, better or worse off.
    For me, the whole idea of life is preparation; it never stops.
    Mankind is a warring species, there will always be someone who wants to be the boss.
    Prepare for what mankind does.:eek: