Weather

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by southerncross, Jan 23, 2013.

1. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

mate I so much agree, I know exactly what you're talking about, but I am not the only decider and also I have my doubts as to how the filtration system would handle it

2. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

that was the roughest landing in 35 years of flying, pilot did a miraculous job :O

4. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Still off the gaspers? :)

5. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Faaaarrrr****. Blowing a gale now and belting down horizontal rain. Just came home from the pub for dinner and not 20 meters in front of me a massive tree comes down in front of my eyes and blocks the road.
    Thought I was going to get squashed and missus was freaking out like we were going to die before we got home.
    Chucked a U'ey and had to go 25km round the back way - SES putting road blocks up due to flood waters.
    Sweet-talked the SES guy and he let us through (last car). Just got home as the water is now covering the back road and rising fast. Reckon I'll be stuck here tomorrow.

6. Fykus

Fykus Member Silver Stacker

by the go of the rain radar it looks like its easing off and dying in the arse. its not raining too heavy here atm so maybe it is easing a bit. heres hoping.

stay safe everybody, talk to you all tomorrow morning

7. volrathy

volrathy Active Member

8. Fykus

yeah thankfully. the radar doesnt seem to be as green and yellow now though, so thats something.

9. QLDSILVER

QLDSILVER Member

Gold Coast smashed last night, Im hopeing this is the last of the wind as it heads south. Better watch out Northern NSW its pretty full on.

10. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Northern rivers got belted last night too.

[​IMG]

11. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

No telstra services in central qld, maybe nth qld too, a cable near kingaroy damaged, no landline, mobile, internet, eftpos , atms affected to. That'll put a hole in the takings today.

12. Emanance

Emanance Guest

Just went to work at a place along Ann Street Brisbane. Noticed a bit of debris on the road and a little water on the road, nothing too severe. Drove down into the underground car park, no worries. went upstairs started the computers and setting up for the day, maybe 15 minutes. Took a peak out the window at Ann Street and there is 2 foot of water across the road I just drove along! All coming up through the storm water drains from the Brisbane River that is about 500m away! Bet the Council wish they installed those back flow prevention gates on the drains leading to the river, as was recommended to them a year and a half back. Hind sights a bitch. Anyways We've all been sent home as the car park flooded last time. Day off I guess. Hopefully the power grid holds out here. Last time they shut us down for about 4 days. Take care out there fellas.

[​IMG]

Brisbane City Cat Terminal at the end of Commercial Road.

[​IMG]

Source: My Phone

13. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

ABC News says over 80% of telstra services unavailable from Rockhampton to Cairns and out to Mt.Isa

14. Fykus

15. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My wife and I were checking up on a friends elderly mother. She doesn't speak English so it was fun trying to remember my Japanese which was poor when I was at peak skills :lol: Easiest thing was just to ring my friend and hand over my phone

The power was out at Nundah Village. We saw a few branches over power lines. There were roads closed but a few bone heads ignored them :rolleyes:

Spoke with a cyclist at Toombul. I told him to ride on the bike path LOL (I'm funny). He told me he saw a young buck drive his beemer into flood waters over Shaw Road but it didn't make it out. Sucks to be him.

Whilst at Toombul buying veggies there was a guy there having a whine about having losing 100's of kilo's of seafood. When walking back from Toombul to Nundah we saw him, he appears to be in charge / owner of a restaurant at Nundah.

The Bike path next to Toombul Shopping Centre
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This bridge barriers are designed to fold over in these instances..... Easy to fix
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dumb arse must have tried to cross this torrent. The drivers window was open

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Source: My iPhone5

Not real exciting but the lights are out and motorists minds are blown
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4bb4L2ZW84[/youtube]

16. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

It can be very difficult to ascertain the safety of friends and family in affected areas at present as many communication systems are out of action. I have also heard unsupported rumours that remain functioning systems are reserved for Emergency Services use in these situations. Does anyone have any facts about this?

17. Fykus

why do people never listen to warnings about not driving in flood water. isnt it something like as little as water up to your tires or whatever is enough to sweep your car away

18. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

From my time working for Queensland Ambulance I can tell you that the mobile networks run at 95% capacity during normal times. So in times of disaster / New Years Eve, the network doesn't cope.

Heaven help you if you're in SE Qld though. The mobile networks are competing with each other to see who can deliver the worst service. Seriously sub-standard :mad:

19. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

The second last pic is a disgrace to whoever built it . Not bracing betwwen the purlins ,,,no cross bracing & obviously no ties to the building lol what a joke .But i got it done for a good price :lol:

20. Fykus

pissing down here atm, a bit of wind too. rivers coming up down at mum and dads place aswell.
    im starting to get cabin fever though. lol