We Got totally cleaned out whilst away O/S

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Kawa, Jan 11, 2015.

1. serge83

serge83 Member

I find it pretty hard to believe that no one would hear a jackhammer or see guys getting around your place with that sort of equipment. Somebody must have seen or heard something. Anyways sorry for your loss and violation of your privacy.

swoydaz likes this.
  2. Au-mageddon

Au-mageddon Active Member

So sorry to hear about this Kawa.

Turtling lowlife dogs ... can only hope that karma slaps the turtle out of them.

Take care,

Au-mageddon

3. brisbanecoin

brisbanecoin Member Silver Stacker

Very sorry to here the News Kawa, it doesn't seem to be that safe to be a stacker in Brisbane.

I have to 100% agree with Fergo though for any Brisbane stacker USE THE RESERVE VAULT it doesn't cost much you can go in weekly, only need 24 hours notice (If you sell something usually you ship it the next day anyways), The guards there are very friendly and it feels almost James bond like going into the vault. (Private elevator with a guard to get to the vault, fingerprints to get in, monitored, double keys and ID requirements) and the insurance is quite reasonable (Yes they insure bullion, as it is all underwritten by Llyods of London) for the low cost it is well worth the security!

Once again sorry to hear about the loss of the rare bars, I really hope they catch the person/people/group responsible!

4. No1joey

No1joey Member Silver Stacker

I'd post a list /pics of what you had it can't hurt at least it gives more people the chance of spotting anything that you had stolen.

5. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

6. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wow that is disgusting! Still I would rather face court than be dead.

7. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Not to pick on you, per se, but I disagree with this..

For the simple fact that somebody in North America or Europe, for example, could do a trade with somebody in Brisbane. They now have a name, and possibly a home address & phone #. Even a PO box address may "come in handy" to assist in gathering more info, which can be done pretty quickly & easily these days.

Who's to say that person in NA or Europe doesn't have friends or family in Brisbane of the criminal "profession," who would give them a cut of the loot for their assistance? Heck, maybe they even ship them everything afterwards to be sold in another part of the world.

Is anybody really going to think of tracing it halfway across the globe? Look at some of the responses in this thread for your answer.

I wouldn't necessarily rule out anybody -- nor focus only on those in a certain geographic location.

Of course, that's even if it's tied to this forum, that is.

People's homes get burglarized all the time, wherever they might live.

What did these 4 examples have in common (that I recall)..?

They are stackers/collectors. Who happen to live in a certain area. Who post on a certain forum. Who kept their goodies at home in a safe. Which they then left unattended for a certain amount of time.

Are there any other possible commonalities? Do they post/trade on other forums, as well? Buy/sell on eBay or another online platform?

Conduct F2F transactions? An unmet criminal partner of the person they transact with could easily follow them home without any detection whatsoever.

How about somebody who works in the coin/metals industry obtaining records? Or a postal worker seeing that your mail has been put on hold until a certain date?

Etc., etc..

Again, they might not have personally committed the burglary, but could provide the info to somebody who did, for a cut of the loot, and possibly assist in disposition of the property.

As for melting down stolen goods, is there a global database where one can check the serial # on a rare Engelhard they purchased last year, for example, to see if it was stolen in another part of the country/world at some point? If not, then that risk seems pretty small. And certainly worth a lot more as is on the open market, than melted down..

Anyway, not saying it might not be a member here who lives the Brisbane area, but there are other avenues of possibilities, as well.

8. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

I have to say that normally the rule with this sort of thing is don't fish where you live. They might live anywhere. The fact that they are targeting big safes makes it at least plausible they made the trip. A big safe can be caused real holiday destination. Doesn't mean they aren't local but it's a bit presumptuous to assume locals are at fault. Not presumptuous to say Brisbane locals are the targets though, so everyone there should be aware.

Might I suggest a sticky thread where people can post descriptions, pictures and serials of their stolen goods? With an easy place to refer back to and the hundreds of stackers here who might keep half an eye open you never know, someone might actually get their metal back.

9. Andy28

Andy28 Well-Known Member

This might seem obvious, but has there been a cross check of all the people targeted, and who they have given their addresses too?

10. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

That's not a bad idea. To avoid possible unfair lynching it should be done via pm,possibly not even to each other but if an admin is willing to look at the lists provided by each member you might have something to go on.

11. bigcountry

bigcountry Member Silver Stacker

Terrible news. A feeling of deja vu, this time last year. All the best Kawa.

12. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Good luck to the prosecution to try and convince a jury to convict him, not going to happen. I doubt it would even make trial.
    Any reasonable jury is going to side with the home owner during a home invasion under most reasonable circumstances. Add defending your family into the mix and it's likely you'd never see trial.
    We have new home invasion laws for a reason, the community demanded it.
    Anyone surprising you in your own home is a clear case to fear for your life and that of your family, that is justification enough to use any means necessary to defend yourself.
    But yes, having a gun beside your bed (illegal anyway) or a baseball bat ready for an intruder is not a good look.

13. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]
    Source: Barnhardt.biz

14. trader10

trader10 Member

Ouch ! Sorry to hear about this..... I hope you win twice as much in health and other prosperity.....

Note: By what you said, it can't possibly be a random raid break in..... they knew they had to disarm the security system.... they did not touch other values.....

Make a big note to WHO knows about your stash..... they can be friends, family, dealers, mates, place you bought the safe, your pm deals here, you name it......they knew you kept it at home..... full stop.

15. Ghost

Ghost Member Silver Stacker

I may have missed it in the OP and I'm sorry for your loss but I'm a little confused as to exactly what you're selling in this thread...?

16. robertc400

robertc400 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

He's selling emotions and we are buying them in bucket loads and feeling for him very much.

17. Andy28

Andy28 Well-Known Member

Its partly an appeal to the active buyers amongst us to keep an eye out for these rare and collectable stolen goods so this is a good spot for it.

18. Ghost

Ghost Member Silver Stacker

But if you store all your bullion in the same safe as all of your reloading powder (like me (with the appropriate warning labels)), oxy cutting or grinding your safe will be the last thing the crims do... :D

19. CFP

CFP New Member

[​IMG]

Sign on my front door and I keep bare minimum bullion on premises, never more than 1 oz AU and 10-20 oz AG if I can help it.
    Not worth the risk.

20. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That is a good idea, there was that fella (in the US) who had the safe full of gunpowder and when they cut it it killed the two of them and levelled his property. Someone posted a link awhile back.