We are living thru some VERY serious times.

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TheEnd, Aug 26, 2013.

1. markcoinoz

markcoinoz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I will be voting below the line with Greens at the bottom of the list.
    Labour 2nd last.
    Liberal 3rd last.

Neither of the major parties are trying to simplify bureaucracy.
    Both parties won't tackle the major issues of taxation.
    Both parties are aligned to the policies of the UN.
    Both parties follow the Monetary Policy of (Fiat debt is good)
    Both parties are keen to sign The Trans Pacific Treaty.
    Both parties have not addressed the growing concern of 85% of Small Businesses within the Service Industry. Many are going under.
    Neither leader has the "Balls" and I use the term loosely to make radical changes preventing our country from being
    sold to the collectivism of a UN State controlled NWO.

As for the Greens, they are just a total waste of Oxygen.

Hopefully on our next $1 coin.
    Instead of a "Mob of Roos", it should be a "Mob of Imbeciles".

2. petey

petey Active Member Silver Stacker

Edit:
    WRONG.

I can't stand this sensationalist BS.

I am sitting pretty. I have a secure job with way more income than I need and can afford to buy basically whatever I want. I am of course from the "I want it now" generation who don't know how to save and have no respect for anybody but despite that I have significant savings aka "F-you money" in case I ever get sick of my job.

Don't tar the whole country with the same brush. It is just not the case. Placing blame on your situation is a mugs game. Yes we are all paying too much direct and indirect tax. Yes political decisions impact our lives. TAKE CONTROL of what you can change. Complaining about it will not solve the problem, and you are dreaming if things are going to be better with another political party in power!

3. markcoinoz

markcoinoz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What an arrogant piece of works you are.
    If your reply was aimed at my post I can assure you that you have know idea of my situation
    nore am I complaining. Probably the major difference between you and I, is that I have children who
    I am trying to teach them to have good morals and principles amongst a population of disrespectful, arrogant "I want it now" generation.
    Actually, I am very different to you and glad that I am.

That's why I am not a sheep.

4. petey

petey Active Member Silver Stacker

It was aimed at the OP. Was on my phone, too hard to do the quote stuff. Fixed it now.

Your post makes complete sense re: neither of the two party preferred is going to make a difference.

I am just sick of hearing people complain about how bleak the situation is in Australia. Get on a plane and witness how tough it is elsewhere, then sook about how bad the situation is. Aussies have it pretty damn good right now! I am convinced this is due to chance over the next few years but it has nothing to do with Labor or Liberal.

5. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That is why the mining tax has made so little. The states knew this was the case and all raised their royalty rates.

6. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Not knowing your situation at all but have you looked into improving your qualifications in whatever area you are trying to get a job ?

7. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Well i'll be very interested to see if the Libs get in after a few months if the housing starts to pick up and people start borrowing money again with the low interest rates and business's stop closing down. Most of my family have voted Liberal all their lives too I was the only one that voted for Gillard back whenever that was.

8. Court Jester

dont want to burst your bubble but housing is allready rebounding now 9-12% growth in sydney and other areas.

http://www.news.com.au/realestate/e...e-is-all-hot-air/story-fnda0j6w-1226704922667

you dont need to wait for the Abbot wrecking razor gang crew to get in to see that,.

9. col0016

col0016 Active Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo[/youtube]

10. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Well how come housing bubbles have occurred in every other bloody westernised country after all the record low interest rates, real estate agents in on the game with huge commissions, and the real estate industry talking it all up all the time even though the auction clearance rates were 50%.... As far as I can tell it can only end badly its just a matter of time.. I'm so happy I don't have a mortgage at the moment..

11. 2ds

2ds New Member

I think and article I read the other day summed it up best; your choice is to either vote for the big spending big bureaucracy party that wants to send refugees to PNG or the big spending big bureaucracy party that wants to send refugees back to where they came from.

I keep thinking about the AvP movies "who ever wins, we lose"

12. Earthjade

Earthjade Member

Both our major political parties suck - one kicks you in the nuts and the other one kicks you up the arse.

13. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Mate the real estate industry and media are in on this game together don't you get it.....They're ALL making money out of this bubble, while it lasts that is, after that it will be all 'run for the hills' as and 'get out now'..... If you ask me Sydney is the city that is going to get hurt the most...The prices are insane up there....honestly, how do people afford to pay these huuuuuge mortgages?

And what about all the apartments where you are from that have fallen flat on their asses and North of Brisbane too....My uncles lives up your way and he's seen some properties fall off a cliff up there?

14. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

While Govts. make MORE money from high realestate prices (through higher stamp duty)
    The truth is they only make their money from realestate while houses are being bought & sold.
    A stable housing market (at a high or low) is the enemy of a Govt... they want a dynamic market, moving up or down.
    If they need the cash, they'll have no problems pressuring owners into selling to get their grubby little paws on some fresh stamp duty.

15. Court Jester

You can spend your money on what ever you think is best, however we have already seen prices pull back (10+% ) and are now just starting to pick back up. I am a firm believer that a house is one of the best investments you can make, as you do need a roof over your head and most people are not disciplined enough to save the difference over that period of time.

I would prefer to be paying a mortgage than a landlords. There are even some areas around here where it is as cheap to buy as it is to rent ATM with the super low interest rates (my loan is @ 3.99% atm)

As for your 2 x examples well: some parts of Brisbane property prices are down because of the floods, where no one wants to buy a house there for obvious reasons

and the GC where I am from has started to recover it was down because the lack of tourists and jobs.