Unsolicited / off-topic comments in trading threads

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by goldpelican, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Talk about making mountains out of molehills :rolleyes:

A brand new forum member buzzed an item, because they would have seen that this is how things are done here (without ever have seeing how the whole PM/back end works), and then for the sake of their own security asked if they could have some personal information for peace of mind, and it somehow lead to this?

You're absolutely fine to refuse to provide personal info, but to then basically tell them they either must buy or you'll leave negative feedback is extremely poor form on your behalf, and sorry but I'm not buying the whole "I wanted to have a feedback there so people can be careful" thing either. Careful of what exactly?

I'm glad Oz removed the negative feedback that was left for you, but he should probably remove the other persons feedback that you left too.

I'm not siding with the buyer by any means, but I would think that experienced members here cut a little slack to newbies, and even take the time to help/explain how things work

All of this could have been so easily avoided and dealt with so much better.

2. wissilver

wissilver Active Member

I don't know, i would say better safe than sorry. Anyone can make new accounts and use them for scams and the fellow doesn't have any interaction so I wouldn't say I overreacted. Besides buzzing and then wasting time on paying is an issue because if spot price moves down the buyer can make up an excuse to back out and if price moves up seller can say sorry i changed my mind. When you order something pay for it, especially when the person you are buying from has 4 recent positive seller feedback and no negative feedback ever.

66rounds likes this.
  3. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

wissilver, for the record, I considered giving you negative feedback for the multiple times you wouldn't supply a price (through pm) on an item you had listed for sale.

I consider this time wasting - I am not going to keep guessing what price you want to be paid for an item.

I decided to be the bigger man and not give negative feedback on these occasions.

66rounds likes this.
  4. wissilver

wissilver Active Member

All my items that I'm selling have a price listed on their listing. You wanted to buy my metal tester which I was not selling (ie I don't have a selling listing) so I told you make me an offer I can't refuse, i don't see anything wrong with that. If your offer was attractive to me I would have considered selling.

5. SilverSale

I consider that incorrect. You listed it for sale on multiple occasions - including mentioning that it was for sale on my WTB thread.

Happy to provide the multiple pm's where I requested the price and you wouldn't provide a price.

6. wissilver

wissilver Active Member

There used to be a listing in the past a long time ago which had a price, after a while I closed the listing as I decided to keep it. You then posted somewhere that you were looking to buy one so on that thread I posted if anyone is interested to buy one make me an offer I can't refuse. I am not denying that I didn't tell you a price in PM, I asked you to make an offer, again nothing wrong there. If you wanted a price I can give it to you now, 1 Oz of gold as that is the price I paid for it at the time I brought it :)

7. SilverSale

I bought elsewhere from someone who actually advised what price they wanted! Cheers

8. wissilver

wissilver Active Member

Good on you, you bought from someone that actually wants to sell it. Anyway I don't see a negative feedback threat in public warranted for such a thing.

Silverman99 likes this.
  9. SilverSale

I think I may still give that negative feedback :p

10. wissilver

wissilver Active Member

Insert face palm emoji here

11. SilverSale

Give you a taste of your own medicine. Also because you are a tosser.