Unsolicited / off-topic comments in trading threads

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by goldpelican, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

Interesting to see from page 1 of this thread, 6 years ago back in 2013, the same discussion. A poster back then was concerned about people new to silver stacking getting ripped off, which is the same concern I have. I understand it is impossible to monitor, who decides how much is too much etc etc. But just because somebody has a high post count does not mean they are trustworthy. Occasionally I see sales threads that make me shake my head, so I've just built my own "never buy from that person" list.

Jonesy67 and 66rounds like this.
  2. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

different people have different time horizon, so the price may be different
    but if you see there are similar items selling for much less so many times in such a short time span, you better be quick to take the next item, faster hands first
    why disturb people who are waiting... for lower/higher prices
    when you can get the spot on the spot

price + post
    if distance do make the difference, sometimes it does

your money -- > Ag/Au <--- the seller
    postman

3. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

I was referring to items that are readily available from bullion dealers right now. For example, I just price checked 2 of the widely known Australian retailers for the price of 2019 Koalas. The price for a roll of 20 is approximately $600 plus postage. One shows a bit less than the other but charges higher postage, so it averages out.

If I then put a roll of 2019 koalas up for sale at $800 plus postage hoping some sucker bought it because they are new and don't know where to buy it themselves, I would feel like a scammer. Or at least I view people who do that as scammers. Also not helpful to people who are new to stacking. Given the recent price increase of silver / gold, the general public's interest in stacking is likely to increase.

Caveat emptor.

Midastouchofgold and boneyard like this.
  4. mrsilverservice

mrsilverservice Well-Known Member

Butting into someone's sales post mudding their water after listing is a big no no and none of anyone's business except the seller what ever the price they might ask for whatever they might sell :D

If someone is dumb enough to give them 1m for an ounce of silver good luck to them :p

As usual it is buyer beware what ever you buy where ever you buy it,and it is so simple to do even the smallest amount of research no excuses o_O

Life is a learning experience so learn for free or pay for your lesson :eek:

-

-

-

-

-

The Book of Psalms Chapter 52 verse 7

Here is the man who did not make God his strength,but trusted in the abundance of this riches,and strengthen himself in his wickedness :)

5. wissilver

wissilver Active Member

GoldenEye likes this.
  6. wissilver

wissilver Active Member

I tried opening the webpage on another computer looks like it's working fine, so I guess I have some virus that is not letting me visit www.goldstackers.com.au time to look for a fix