Unbelievable.....

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by DU808, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

I had the opposite once I purchased a fair mix of Proof coins from a seller, they sent me a few extras. So I thought I would let them know and what they wanted to do ?

The response was just send them back. I was like hmm maybe they might want to pay for the postage would have been nice. Needless to say they never went back.

2. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

I once bought a 20 Kurush Silver coin, and when it arrived it was only a 10 Kurush coin, asked for a partial refund from the seller as the coin i got had 50% less silver than what i paid for. Seller wasnt in touch with me, raised the complaint thru eBay and was refunded full amount and kept the coin.

in general i dont have issues with eBay purchases.

Buy coins from sellers which have at least 100 feedback and stay away from countries like Romania, China, Hong Kong and the like.

Check what coins they have sold before and read feedback comments, if you are unsure.

3. alexisio

alexisio New Member Silver Stacker

Feedback can be misleading as well. I had someone win and didnt pay. I wasnt able to leave negative feedback.he just ignored me.Ebay ignored me as well.Bottom line you get shit from shit

4. Silvester

Silvester Member

About a month ago we sold a big leather chair by auction on feePay, the winner paid for it instantly, and we haven't heard from them since. They never came to get it, and refuse to answer our emails... not sure if we should sell it again. Easiest money we ever made!

5. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Someone on eBay bought my Listing warning of HGE gold and German silver and mills and such.

The listing was $10 Buy it now .
    Kept emailing the buyer to let him know that
    there is nothing to send and that id refund $9
    ( $1 for ebay fee ) - but he did not respond.

6. Rothbard

Rothbard New Member

I have had some ebay sellers postpone their postage during upswings in the market.

I think they are hedging their bets on not sending the item, reselling for more and getting risk bad feedback in return.
    its a stupid and greedy concept but its happening!

7. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

Depends on your volume. For a 1oz coin, your ebay listing fees would surely outweigh any market timing you were aiming at.

8. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

Still waiting for chargeback for a 10oz dragon that never came.. SOB

9. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

I'm waiting on a refund for two 1 oz Gold Kangaroos. Apparently this seller ran a bunch of buy-it-now auctions at very competitive prices and after receiving payment through PayPal he shipped empty boxes to locations close to the buyers' homes in order to provide the buyers with something to track.

If this guy was smart, he would've read the eBay/PayPal buyer protection terms. Items of this value can only be delivered to the verified PayPal address and must be signed for by the buyer. If the seller can't prove this took place (which he can't), the funds will be reversed back to the buyer and eBay/PayPal can pursue legal action if necessary.

10. Mighty Atom

Mighty Atom New Member Silver Stacker

My happiest ebay story: I bought at auction and paid for 10x round 50c coins which arrived ok. About a week later another 10 coins arrived in the post from the same seller (I had not bought them). I emailed him and it turns out he had sent them to me by mistake. It seems he was selling plenty at the time and got his invoicing mixed up. Anyway he requested I post them back to him but kindly instructed me to keep 2x coins for my trouble (which I did).

There are some really good people on ebay.

11. oooks

oooks New Member

More than a year ago I purchased one tube of silver maples. After a month, they had not arrived. When I asked the seller, I was told that there was a mix-up between the post office and his supplier. He offered to send me a replacement tube of 2008 Olympic maples instead of the normal ones I had purchased plus an extra ounce for the delay which I accepted. There are good sellers out there. Sadly he's not selling anything anymore.