[Translation] Mr. Ge's Panda Book

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by yennus, Jan 1, 2012.

1. 25Grizzlies

25Grizzlies Member

Excellent parables have a good way of clarifying things, I just replaced 'elephant' with 'panda' for this one ha.

The more time spent not only reading material but communicating with masters and friends is exponential to your knowledge of the MCC market.

They've each got a hand on a part of the big bear, smart investors ask them what it feels like.

2. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

mmm panda ass.... mmm

:p

3. 25Grizzlies

25Grizzlies Member

You had to go there. Well, it could've been worse I guess :D

4. comeaux

comeaux New Member Silver Stacker

Are you telling me that I'm lower than whale crap on the bottom of the ocean ! :D

5. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

jn xn sh b r w sh = "Believe everything the book is not as good as the book" (if I got it right) which I think means don't accept the book but analyse and question. But then I have only started chinese and my character recognition is not very good...but I am sure those with better understanding will set me straight :)

OR you are turtling whale crap on the bottom of the oceans

One or the other, I'm pretty sure. Or I could just be turtling with you.

6. low

low New Member

Nope.

"" means don't blindly believe everything the book says OR don't be constrained by the book. Mr.Ge book is not one time publication. If anyone have his older price guide, he has corrected some mintage figure in the current print. I believe he will continue the research work and as new information surface, he will revise his work again.

Mr. Ge also has published a 2012 edition (updated as of January 2012) of this Panda book. Nothing is definite here.

Anyway, as majority of CMC coins minted prior to year 2000 were for export, it means there are very little information available in China for the research work. I think the China mint didn't anticipate the CMC will enjoy the success as we see now.

If you look at the bibiography of the book, you noticed that Mr. Ge refer to a lot of China Mint report, and other publication work done in China. One thing missing is the real world data, as in the surviving population and die varieties.

That is where we need the other experts to chime in.

I like to mention the book by Professor Huang Rui Yong ( ) because they hire the best photographer to shoot the coins photo used in the book. He also is an expert in gold coins. If we cannot buy all the coins, then at least we have the best coin photograph.

But this phrase has a different meaning to me. Years ago I use it as a lame excuse to get away from books when I am supposed to be study hard for exam.