Trading guidelines

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by renovator, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

This is what I have always been of the opinion of as well.

I am also of the opinion that a sticky thread with some clear guidelines for people to follow when posting things for sale would clear up some confusion, and make the process more rewarding for all involved :)

In reading through the original post in this thread, I would suggest that posting "Buzz" in a sales thread means exactly as Lovey80 has said - it's a committment to purchase at listed price & conditions - which I know runs counter to the opinion Renovator listed - but I must state what I honestly think :) I further think (to clarify some of the discussion in this thread) that any sales thread that does not specifically state that buzzing is not allowed (it may suggest to deal with the seller via PM only for example) is actually open to be buzzed by any member of the forum.

Yes, this may well mean that we need to think through our "for sale" posts a bit more, but I think that effort will be ultimately rewarded with a sale that occurs quickly, efficiently, and "as expected" by the seller.

A final suggestion from me - perhaps we should devise a "for sale" template that people can copy/paste (or maybe it's even technically possible to implement as a web form that can be completed by the seller to then automatically create a thread in the appropriate forum?).

Bear with me here as I've been awake for a long time - but here's my idea of a very basic template (and probably misses some things, but it's a place to start - and I've filled this with example - but potentially fake/incorrect - data):

Name of item: 2012 Kookaburra
    Precious metal type: Silver
    Weight: 1Kg
    Special features: Encapsulated, mint limit of 5000
    Delivery: (example answers: F2F Sydney, Post to World, Post to Aus)
    Delivery price: (example answers: $15 to Aus, $25 to World)
    Delivery risk: Insured to $100, all other risk at buyer
    Price: AUD$1,934.23 <optional> whilst spot below AUD$30.00/oz
    Sale process: (example answers: First buzz in thread PM to query, Auction closing HH:MM on DD-MM-YYYY AEDT)

2. XB

XB Active Member Silver Stacker

or you could use the template previously devised and which is used by those "in the know" from time to time - the world famous, all-singing, all-dancing, great for fishing trips, as used by the astronauts on the moon, fishball template with handy plastic clip-on attachment ....

3. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

OK #1 amended . Is that clearer ?. There is times that someone will get in before the buzz by phone or PM

4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Your name is:

[​IMG]

5. Wiowi

Wiowi Member Silver Stacker

Gee whiz, is all the paralegal stuff really necessary in response to the opening post?

Let's keep it simple.

If a seller wants to sell something subject to spot price in a given timeframe, then let the seller say so and post their sale thread in "The Trading Floor", or, in the "Site Sponsors" area if the seller is a site sponsor. Because, it is those areas where you can get serious if you are inclined that way, or need to get serious because you are running a business, therefore make all the pm comments you like.

For everyone who is not running a business, surely all that is needed from a buyer is "buzz" if you want to buy according to the seller's requirements. If you don't want to buy according to the seller's requirements then don't bother making any comment at all! There really is no need to adulterate a seller's sale thread by posting for example, "PM sent". If you send a pm to a seller, you don't have to tell the world about it, do it privately!

Any comments for example, "great price", should be kept for after a sale is completed. I don't like to see unnecessary comments from a competitor or anyone-else for that matter as to how good or not a seller's price is.

Just my thoughts.