Tiffany Art 2 oz - Baroque Dresden 2014

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Acme, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

I hope that you are not too late. But who knows, maybe prices will fall when all "hype" is passed. :)

2. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

Hi Stark, the problem is the mintage, 99 pcs worldwide is really nothing. The hype may pass but once coins are in hand of collectors and not anymore in hands of dealers, who is going to sell it? :)

Alex.

3. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Over 10,000 USD! Can buy so much gold for that money :eek:

4. xrayspecs

xrayspecs New Member

5. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Yeah, that's true. :) They could make 10oz as well, for the "poor" people. :)

6. natsmezz

natsmezz Member

7. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

So for Tiffany Art one Kilo we have these prices:
    Pela Coins: 7500 euro
    Power Coin: 7500 euro (1 left)
    Top World Coins: 7500 euro (sold out)

Is this the retail price now? I saw it sold for 5000 but I didn't buy cause someone on the forum suggested that coin was overpriced and to wait... so what should we wait, that become 10,000? :(

8. db23

db23 Member

Interesting that nobody here has mentioned that supposedly half of the 1kg Tiffany coins were sold to a TV station in Germany, meaning that dealers only have access to half of them, not the full 99.

9. Altima

Interesting. So what does that mean for the prospect of the prices increasing in future? 99 is a really low mintage by any means.

10. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

99 is a very low mintage, and if only 49 reached the hands of official CIT dealers (I guess 1 piece each), I wonder if they are going to sell them or keep...
    Alex.

11. db23

db23 Member

When I first saw some dealers trying to sell for over $10,000 USD, I initially laughed thinking they would never get it. Now I am growing more confident that this will in fact be a $10K+ coin, even if the initial prices eventually go down a bit. With some dealers already saying that they won't be selling the 1 they received and 50 of them going to that TV station, I'd put the realistic number of these available at around 35-40.

Apmex has added it to their coming soon page, will be interesting to see what they ask for it.

12. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

Well, 35-40 pieces in a market where there are thousands of collector that want the coin, and hundreds that can afford it too, I am really curios what price this coin will reach. If not immediately, I think that in the near future $10K+ would be quite a good deal...
    Alex.

13. asdfghjkl32

asdfghjkl32 Member

I got an offer under $9k for this coin, of coz USD. Poor me don't have the money.

14. John Doe

John Doe New Member

Hello everyone,

Been reading up here for a while and decided to share my opinion. First of all I would like to say that in my opinion Tiffany Art coins are a work of art. Last year I visited the CIT company in Liechtenstein and they said they are preparing something special (is was still a secret) for the 10th anniversary, but when I have seen the 1 kilo coin I was really surprised. I didn't expect anything like that. It is a coin I would really like to have in my collection. But now I see how some of you have allready adopted the price of 10.000 USD and I think I will drop out of the race.

In my initial estimate the "fair" price for 1 kg coin would be about 1.500-2.000 EUR (2.000-3.000 USD), but since there will be only 99 coins I had a feeling it could be a bit more than that.
    (The cost estimate/per coin - correct me if I am wrong: 500 eur for 1 kg of silver, about 500 eur for the mint, about 500 eur for the CIT and something for the coin dealer + tax).

I've been investing in the stock market for quite some time now and I have seen how people quickly get overexcited about some stock and I noticed it is sometimes the same with coins. The other thing I have noticed is that almost every "modern" coin I have bought in the last two years starts with high price and the price then slowly drops. It happens every time. (I have a few good dealers and they give me good prices but after few months I would still be able to get the coins cheaper in e-bay auctions.) But I have never seen the coin like this 1 kilo Tiffany, which is popular and has extremly low mintage. I am really anxious to see how will this play out.

db23 - Where did you get this info? Were the coins really sold to a TV station in Germany or perhaps CIT or some other company will sell through this TV station (that would make more sense).

Bye,
    JD

15. JoeFromNorthCarolina

JoeFromNorthCarolina New Member

For 10k or 11k I'll buy some nice gold instead. Ridiculous price.Things are way out of hand.

16. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

I found the coin sold on german TV called HSE24.
    This was the link I saved but it doesn't work anymore:
    http://www.hse24.de/Basteln-Muenzen/Muenzen/Tiffany-Art-Muenze-1-kg-Silber-Zwinger--pu63790539.html
    The Google cache doesn't work anymore either.
    They probably sell out and removed the offer.

But, I have a saved screenshot from the sale. The price on TV was 3999.00 EURO but discounted as special offer to 3299.00 euro (about $4570.00)

[​IMG]

They had 50 pieces on sale, and "Ausverkauft" on the offer means "SOLD OUT" in German.
    So, if this was to be considered "issue price", I have no doubt that the 49 coins left will easily reach $10,000.00

Alex.

17. Altima

Thanks alex. Would be interesting to see the video as I've yet to see one in real life. To be honest, the price seems fair when you realize that the 2oz coins are fetching at least 500 Euros on average. And with the kilo you're getting 32.15 oz for around 4000 Euros.

18. AgAuNEWS

AgAuNEWS Member

Nothing really. I bet most of the coins on that TV show were bought by dealers anyway as they sold far too quickly for the average tv punter to splooge over 3-grand on a coin.

19. ego2spare

ego2spare Well-Known Member

that is one of the fugliest coins i have ever seen. i would rather have ANY other 1kg coin.

20. Altima

Like the Canadian snowy owl? :p

Actually, I honestly believe this coin looks better than Perth mint's 2014 kilo koala. That koala looks like it just woke up!