Tiffany Art 2 oz - Baroque Dresden 2014

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Acme, Feb 7, 2014.

1. JoeFromNorthCarolina

JoeFromNorthCarolina New Member

Beautiful it is, But the 2 ounce Zeus has nicer detail imo. It better be nice for the price.

2. Hellcat6

Hellcat6 New Member

So guys, I have never even considered one of these but I think that the 2 ounce is stunning. Need some advice. If I wanted to try to get one, where should I look? Will anyone besides powercoin have it? What do you think of their price of $700 US, crazy or about right? Should I wait? Waited on the Zeus coin and that one is long gone. I'm not a total noob when it comes to stacking but these are new territory to me. Thanks!

3. bor-che

bor-che New Member

Hi mate,

if you believe it or not, I got the series from 2008 till 2013. :D Definitely I'm going to get also this one but for a reasonable price. Also not buying from this macaroni dealer Powercoin. Ripping off people...
    On e-bay there will be enough of auctions and deals so wait. There is also one dealer on E-bay from Canada so probably you can get it cheaper. :D
    I'm buying those Tiffany's for my personal collection and not for further selling. :D If I'd have the money, I'd buy the 1kg one... :D

4. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

Soon many other dealer beside Power Coin will have the Tiffany coin, they are usually quick to hit the market first with the offer but also many other will join the club soon, mostly from Germany or other part of Europe. The price is surely pumped up but considering what the previous issues are selling today, it is also normal that also dealers want their part of the cake.

When you buy this Tiffany coin be sure that your supplier will be able to deliver it, the mint allocation is very tiny to worldwide dealers and I trust only big and official CIT distributors. I would suggest to grab one now from Power Coin if you want to be sure you will receive your coin, they never let me down, never an order cancelled or amended. Otherwise wait for ebay auctions, but that usually will be nearly issued date, and again watch out who you buy from. Many CIT fake coins around, especially for Tiffany 2013. I think that a genuine tiffany coin will be very hard to get below $500 anytime.

Alex.

5. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

Congratulation for the series! What is for you a reasonable price and where (beside ebay) we can secure some more Tiffany coins?

In case you want to sell some of your precious coins in series I can offer $200.00 - $300.00 per coin. Of course you don't want to rip me off and I am sure you will accept this price. Otherwise there is no difference between a dealer that rip me off immediately, or a trader that rip me off after issue date ;)
    Alex.

6. bor-che

bor-che New Member

I don't know where you're coming from but if Powercoin is the best dealer for you, then good luck mate... ;) I managed to get a Venetian Gothic for 375 including shipment. And this is my 3rd Venetian Gothic. :D Besides others. And when I'm reading the posts from other members that an order is being cancelled or ammended - where to hell are you ordering your coins!? I'm from Europe and when I've put an order then I got the coin. No matter what the price was... An order is an order especially if it's paid. ;)

7. bor-che

bor-che New Member

Hi Alex,

I paid quite some money for them (500$+) so some made a very nice flip on those coins. I don't mind. :D They're mine now and they will stay mine for quite a long time.
    Why would I rip you off? No need for it. You can buy your coins wherever you want mate... I'm buying them with a German dealer for lower prices. That macaroni dealer won't see me buying from him. :D

8. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

Hi Mate, Power Coin is surely not cheap, but when I buy there I am sure I get my coin, so I sleep very well at night ;)
    In the past I placed pre-order somewhere else, and even if paid in advance, or provided my CC data to be billed at shipping time, what I got was more than one time a mail saying something like this: "Dear Valued Customer... we oversold... bla bla bla ... you are in a queue list in case we get more coins... bla bla ... your order is now cancelled."

Like I share positive experiences I can also share my negative experiences, so the names are Talisman Coins, Downie's, many dealers from Poland and one ebay seller from Canada I don't remember the name (don't know if it is the same you mentioned before). Maybe I was just unlucky, but it happened with many hot coins including Mongolia Wildlife series... especially when I was able to grab one at a very low price.
    Not to mention the fakes that are on ebay, sold by chineses and recently by some Spanish sellers. What do you do when you receive a counterfeit coin and the seller paypal account is with nil balance, so you get no protection? No, thank you, I don't take the chance just to save some bucks :)

Alex.

9. bor-che

bor-che New Member

Huh, then you really had some bad luck... I learned a thing - always wait a little bit before buying a "hot" coin. Usually the price falls a little bit. My experience and no need to be the experience of someone else. I bought my Tiffany's from various dealers and I must say they're stunning. They're worth the money! :D My gf fell in love with them. :)
    Also the Fiji Malachite room is a piece of art - just received mine today. :D

10. JoeFromNorthCarolina

The only things i would buy on ebay are yodels, ring dings, devil dogs and twinkies and i would be careful looking for the expiration dates...

11. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

Malachite Room is another coin I should receive soon, I got it cause it was 3Oz (at least different in size from all other Tiffany copies) and should be an amazing coin. Please post actual pictures if you can :)

12. bor-che

bor-che New Member

Hi Mate,

it is indeed a marvelous coin. :) How do I put pictures on? The packaging makes it also something special. :) You'll like it. Definitely.

13. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

You can upload your images clicking on the link "Upload Image" on top menu. After that you get links that you can use in your post.
    Alex :)

14. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

got an offer on a kg tiffany...im really really consider it ...

15. AgAuNEWS

AgAuNEWS Member

Not the best picture as it was taken in a crowd through a less than spotless glass cabinet, but bor-che is right, it's a very impressive piece. There's also a pair of 1oz agate insert coins coming out from the mint that are square but orientated diamond style. They're for Romanesque Art and Gothic Art, but definitely orientated towards the budget end of the market.

[​IMG]
    Source: AgAuNEWS

16. bor-che

bor-che New Member

As promissed, please find attached the pictures from Fiji Malachite room coin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

Tiffany Art 1 Kilo SOLD OUT at Power Coin, am I the only one that think that this will be the most valuable coin of the year? :D
    Alex.

18. JoeFromNorthCarolina

I'm not surprised Alex. It's also the most expensive coin of the year. :)

19. db23

db23 Member

Pela Coins has a kilo listed @ 7,499.75

20. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

I decided to sell some coins of my collection to buy Tiffany Art 1 Kilo coin. Any suggestion where I can find it at a price that is not insane? :)
    Alex.