This place has changed

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Rinchin, Feb 22, 2013.

1. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Actually I have to disagree.

I don't think anything much has changed.
    If you look back at the posts of the time frames you are talking about you will see people both talking about prices going higher and also others warning about potential pullbacks.
    During the dragon mania period there were certainly quite a few people warning about unrealistic prices for lunars - not just auspm.

It might be that you now notice some types of posts more than you did in the past.

There are still people buying and there are still people selling - just look at the trading forums.
    Just as there were when spot was $48 or $38 or $28 (or $18 for that matter back in the days)

2. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

I'm stacking and continue doing so until I see increase in number of employed people worldwide and big corporations making profit on products sold not interest earned ...
    that's the only data I track on quarterly basis

3. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

...it has changed....too many newbies who does not know what to do...not even mention all the members from overseas...but the core i believe still the same ;)

4. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

:D
    Of course this place have change. Chip have move in with his family.
    We start collecting pm .
    Find this place very interesting and looking to stay for around 20 lite years.
    Keep stacking is a wonderful things. You guys havagoodtime here.
    :)

5. Golden ChipMunk

Oh oh I forgot to mention . please dont mention anymore after the person have left as this will soon
    be a topic closed. Many that have later on topic closed. Please dont mention anymore. ;)

6. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Changed for the better, I think.
    Less a extreme right wing forum, more a PM forum.
    Fewer arguments, more trading.
    Hope it continues in this line.

7. Golden ChipMunk

Yaaaaa. ;) and a bit of fun along the way. :lol:

8. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Peter, your posts are always insightful. They tell me a great deal about the fact you have actually got no idea.

Where were the right wing members? You confuse the fact that some of us are pro-capitalist and small government, we are not right wing.

Continue dribbling away mate.

9. doomsday surprise

doomsday surprise Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nothing has changed for PM's. The only thing that has changed is that the world economic outlook gets bleaker every month, (unless you read the MSM), some governments continue to print money crazily and other governments are buying into gold big time.
    The world fiat ponzi scheme will eventually end. :)

10. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bollocks.
    This site has always had a strong focus toward the numerous aspects of precious metals not related to the simplistic left-right paradigm and these have always formed the majority of forum topics and individual threads.
    Many members have a strong bias towards increased (left-wing) civil liberties which is some of the core reasons to stack. This hasn't really changed over the years.
    Many members have a strong bias towards increased (right-wing) economic liberties which is some of the core reasons to stack. This hasn't really changed over the years.
    The fact that "arguments" or debates happen means that there are enough other members who disagree. The share of these debates in the total number of threads will always ebb and flow but are still ticking away. But if they disappear then the site will be the poorer and will become just another numismatic or speculative trader discussion forum.

11. Rinchin

Rinchin New Member

Lets not all launch into another left right political discussion. Believing the whole range of political views and opinions lie within this linear left right constraint is rediculous. It's exactly how the banks want us to view politics. And it's actually about as helpful as arguing about whether metals will go up or down another dollar when we should be watching the dollar and awaiting its total collapse.

For anyone interested in breaking out if the linear political cage the bankers want us in have a look here
    http://www.politicalcompass.org/

12. Rinchin

Rinchin New Member

Arrrrrrrrgh. This banter is exactly the frustrating thing about here how. Peter by labelling the good old times as "extreme right wing" you miss the point and infuriate those who simply convey a message of freedom from political and banker control. I sincerely hope this aspect is never lost here. Shiny yes he misses the point but in insulting him you will only provoke him to dig his heals in deeper and cling to his position more.

Take the time to educate him ( one less sheep standing on the left right political spectrum) and encourage him to get on board with connecting with liberties that are of value to him personally. Such as boredsilver has done. I applauded his post and his attempt to correct and educate poor Peter.

13. STC

STC Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm haven't been on here very long but cycles rinse & repeat, as spot goes up in come the newbies & the same questions are asked over again (spanner does the old "use the search function ARHhhh! Thing), the latest lunar prices go crazy, try to sell pre-dec for spot, GP & CK say "DYODD", yennus sells me panda, Stella & silversale start selling then spot goes down & errol/southern cross say "dollar cost average!", NR & renovator tell you buy realestate, yippee yells "negative equity(savvy?)" & then they argue for 3 pages.. The latest lunar prices go crazy, FB sells me panda, Baron gives lots of good TA, Sanchez picks the stocks, maggie & AOL give great deals, still trying to sell pre-dec for spot.. & the whole time people stay up late talking like pirates.

14. mmm....shiney!

:)

I hope he doesn't take offence at you calling him a sheep though :lol:

15. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think you've got to have a pretty arrogant attitude to slag off someone with a double digit member number for "not getting it".

Chances are they "got it" long before you did.

16. greyman68

greyman68 New Member

We are still the same, still stacking, just waiting for the day when men with guns kill the rich and divide the spoils.i

17. mmm....shiney!

He's got part of the picture only.

18. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Its good to be a bit right wing but when theres too many the place gets overtaken by the loonies & pie in the sky garbage .You can be right wing but the far right crowd are tedious & unrealistic

I would say 95% of people here lean to the right its the extremists that make it look like a mental asylum at times..

19. mmm....shiney!

In reality the terms "Right" or "Left" wing are barbaric nomenclatures totally inadequate when used to try to discuss the modern day political scenario. The lines are blurred - I prefer Libertarian and Statism.

Some member's posts in the past indicate a distinct leaning toward Statism and the restriction of liberties. (And I'm deliberately trying not to point fingers at individuals, but I've got 3 members in mind ;) ).

20. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Being a "Friend of freedom" is what classifies us as "extremists" simply because we are not willing to "compromise" with a "reasonable" amount of government regulation, welfare redistribution, and social intervention. Promoting non-aggression, tolerance and equality and actually taking it seriously rather than paying lip service to those concepts are what classifies us as "extremists".

If being an advocate of liberty who respects diversity and differences among men and their beliefs and actions means I am an "extremist" then I wear the badge with pride. Anarcho-capitalists wield NO power over others nor do they initiate violence on others.

In contrast we have the "moderate" or the "political interventionist" who wishes to impose his vision of the "good society" on all through the use of government coercion. They actively create division by granting privileges and extraordinary powers to certain members of society and use bribery, violence and the threat of violence to enforce these artificially created powers. I label such people as immoral.

Summarising Frederic Bastiat on exactly this topic (back when the left and right terms were first coined and were meaningful):

Frederic Bastiat recognized that, in his era, politically popular "moderation" resulted in expanding government coercion, while extremism, which was continually attacked, meant commitment to defending liberty. Unfortunately, little seems to have changed.

Liberty should not be bargained over it is an asset so precious that no price is too high for it.