This place has changed

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Rinchin, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Rinchin

Rinchin New Member

Is it just me or has this place changed quite a bit over the past months. Admittedly I joined in the lead up to $48. Fortunately didn't begin buying until it dropped to close on $40. Have many members on here to thank for not sinking every dollar in when i first joined. Stella Concepts being one of the most prominent I remember.

I started buying as it approached $40, continued as it dropped from $40 to $30 and throughout this time frame the word opportunity was the biggest catchphrase here. There was very little talk of selling, every small drop lower was greeted with "WHERE CAN i BUY?" style posts. Then it was silver STACKERS people talked of adding to their stacks. People talked of dollar cost averaging (as I still do). No one freaked out about the price dropping. Sure some of us were a little Jealous of Stellas calling the top, taking proffit and waiting for the right time to buy in. We who stayed stayed and stacked, we had phases like dragon mania where people paid ridiculous premiums for nice coins. There was talk to dry powder and when everyone's back up the truck moment was.

Now the fundamentals haven't changed have they? or did I miss the memo? Over this time the number of rothchilds owned central banks has declined from 7 down to 3. Only Cuba, North Korea and Iran left independent. The Fed has stopped labeling their printing waves QE1, QE2 etc its open ended. Ron Paul lost his run to bring any form of common sense to America. Obama is openly killing his own citizens without trial and using drones for domestic purposes. America is still waging war all over the world, their naval forces arr massing in Australia ready to play with china. The pope has quit his position. Europe is falling to bits, even the "strong" countries are starting to feel the pinch. The European countries first to show signs of weakness are enforcing austerity measures with fascist measures the world would have condemned and sent troops to liberate had they been brown people with oil. Germany asked America for its gold back and its going to take 7 or 8 years to arrange. New Zealands financial crisis of the day is our "significantly overvalued" dollar as we approach 85 US cents, apparently we need to intervene with our own QE program just to keep up in the global race to the bottom in order to sell our products. I don't care if silver is manipulated to what degree and by who the world is on a crash course and I am going to be holding metal when the impact comes.

The list goes on but Ive got to go for now, tobacco to grow and booze to distill.

This place used to be where we discussed the reality and the fundamentals. talk of chart patterns, formations and all that gobblety gook was frowned upon or kept to the shares/stocks/derivitives sections I never frequent for the sole reason being I don't believe in paper.

Whats happened? Where are the stackers who were buying, holding and not planning to touch it for 10 or 20 years? are they not still as excited as me? where are our tinfoil hat team? abducted? has the government found and subdued them? Where is the excitement of growing a stack, holding physical and eagerly awaiting the greatest wealth transfer of all time? Put down your charts, watch the news its not even hidden in the "alternate" press any longer its time for some JUICE - join Us In Creating Excitement (sorry I had to burrow that one I learned at a pyramid scam I once worked for)

2. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

"not planning to touch it for 10 or 20 years?"

I have a friend who has near 2400 oz, and will not sell his first ASE until forced to about a year after SHTF Day.

OC

3. Byron

Byron Guest

This place has changed, since Auspm left (still mystefied as to why he left). He did raise some interesting points and initiated heated discussion.

As for what you are saying, speaking for myself i was never all in to PMs due to other commitments.

However i never felt the need to rush to buy unlike others or fell for dragon manias or other such fads (ie overpriced 2008 kooks). I also see this latest drop as an opportunity to buy a little and if the price drops further even better. I'll keep buying until the price hits a bottom and then keep buying thus dropping my DCA.

To me PMs are an insurance policy not the be all and end all of huge capital gains.

4. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Because he's a dickhead.

5. RetardedMonkey

As for the actual topic, lots of people are still stacking.
    Buying as we can.

I don't plan to hold for 20 years as I want my own house, but in the short term I'll stack as it's a good way of saving for me.

6. Byron

Byron Guest

Not to derail but interested in why you say that. He was courteous with me at least although i know he wasn't to certain members.

I must have missed a post/thread because one minute he was there the next gone.

7. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:lol:
    Maybe you could request the addition of a permabull subforum?

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm not exiting my position until silver goes much higher. I can wait 10 years for this. I've got strong hands :) and I'm just as excited about the fundamentals for silver now as the day of my first buy.. I'd rather be in silver over anything

9. RetardedMonkey

And then the next minute, slagging off Silver Stackers on other forums.

He constantly pulled people up for 'personal attacks' against him, but then he'd just be immature as well and attack anyone who questioned his own opinion/thoughts.

10. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

I have to echo what he said its still the same place some have moved on some haved moved in . A lot of the yahoo has gone with the sideways movement as can be expected .But theres plenty of people still buying by the amount of successful sales threads . When someone liquidates their position theres someone to snap it up most times . Although i will say compared to a couple of years ago when it would only take minutes it takes a day or two unless its a bargain .

11. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

Aus was the biggest on spruiking the dollar cost average as far as i knew.

That said, it is a just comment unless you think that you can sell now and buy in lower later.
    I'm not that good at gambling so it is keep accumulating and recording for me, only to sell when i need the money and only sell those items that i'm front with or haven't made that big a loss.

Silver and metals are just savings in my family.

12. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

I do not agree. He had a contrarian view.

13. mike titanic

mike titanic New Member

What you're seeing may have alot to do with the uncertainty of PMs at the moment.People seem to have alot to say when silver falls to $24 or soars to $50.Give it some time and this forum will again be a hive of activity.
    My own take on ag is buy buy buy at the present levels.JMHO

14. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for your post.

The only real thing that has changed for me is that I have become more of a reader than a poster.

Just how much can be said on a limited subject?

Fundamentals of stacking has not changed for me.

Aveagoodweekend......

15. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

His contrarian view is not why he left, however.

16. Rinchin

Rinchin New Member

Kinda I suppose. I wouldn't consider myself a permabull by any measure tho.

I consider myself interested and invested in a market that is not measured in relevant units currently. In a way I wouldn't even consider the PM market a bull market at the moment. Sure we can all say that spot has been stuck going side wise for the past ?? timeframe and most would think I'm talking about this $30 + or - area. Really for me the sideways zone is the Fiat zone. And its been stuck here since 1971. Any movement up or down in Fiat terms is merely noise. This sentiment was echoed loud and clear throughout this forum for a long time. New members were scorned for talking about $100 silver etc due to the fact that $100 silver in the short term is indicative of much deeper trouble most probably the collapse of our global reserve currency. The common theme was "measure your stack/wealth in ounces never dollars".

I believe one day the real bull market will kick off, this won't be measured as dollars per ounce but rather the relative purchasing/trade/tender value of PM's compared to relevant items.I considder this thread as my yardstick

http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-5157-assets-and-consumables-in-ounces.html

PM's have been measured in Fiat currency for slightly over 40 years now, the history suggests a 40 year lifespan for Fiat money every time an empire has attempted it. Why longer this time? (even if only by a couple of years) The sheer volume of paper "wealth"? the number or paper "wealth" products available for those whose business is to keep the good ship SS Fiat afloat? The global military coverage and media stranglehold of the ruling empire? Increases in productive capability (industrial revolution) and associated raise in living standards delaying the hardship and strain required to spark revolution?

I care not how long they can keep the ball in the air. I am young and the longer I can buy PM's with Fiat the more I can stack in preparation for the real bull market. I will not need to pick an accurate top and ride the bull a full 8 seconds as by buying my PM's with Fiat I consider myself to have bought at the ultimate bottom. I have traded an item of zero intrinsic value for one of great intrinsic value.

17. Rinchin

Rinchin New Member

Perhaps this is it. I am of similar experience I come here, the conversations do not spark my interest. I do not care of crosses or triangles or pennants. I care for world events that will bring the fiat empire to its knees and pass the torch to the next generation.

18. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

I think the difference is the lack of sheep now that PMs are under performing.

Wait for it to get into the mid 30s, permabulls will spin their crap and we'll see a new flock.

19. Rinchin

Rinchin New Member

People are ridiculous, I can see how easily the wall streeters make their money.

20. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

Although Auspm and I crossed keyboards with his hatred of negative gearing he had a lot of skills that I think went wasted because of his focus on things he couldn't change. I hope that he and his family have some wins and his kids have more opportunities than he had.

Kind Regards
    non recourse