The Rawdog is Getting Out of Silver!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Ernster, Jan 11, 2013.

1. valuecreator

valuecreator Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

dude I've just spent hours answering pms following my post the other day, can't even imagine if I started a thread. I just don't have the time, my vacations are nearly over. But that was good shooting the shit here.

2. Henry Wartooth

Henry Wartooth New Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v162Jx7zu7M[/youtube]

Bull or Bear Report did a video responding to Rawdog getting out of silver back in 2011

3. valuecreator

my submission to your Confederacy of Dunces

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9x71e9Xg6g[/youtube]

4. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Several pundits on podcasts I subscribe to are predicting that PMs have bottomed, and will resume their trek north after the US presidential inauguration (Jan 21?).

Take it with a grain of salt, just saying.

I also agree with whoever said that weak hands leaving is a good sign.

5. Auspm

Auspm New Member

This.

There's very strong fundamentals which show Silver in today's market is the most undervalued commodity in human history.

But seriously, why the hell would you even try and make the point anymore?

People are just going to rail you, push their own agenda and attack you for it.

I say to absolute hell with trying to help those who don't want to be helped or those who just want their view to be the 'right' one.

It's fine is someone asks the question with a genuine interest in learning, but for the rest I honestly can't see why you'd even bother wasting your time anymore.

Look at how much absolute crap gets flung on this place - every day - for people having a view and the absolute audacity they employ to express it?

This is among 'educated' stackers! (ROFL!)

Now try and take the same view out into the world amongst the masses...

Yeah, good luck with that.

I say let people place their chips where they may and accept whatever the outcome might be.

There's too many shills with big loud voices pushing their BS agendas. It's not worth the effort to try and be the loudest kid on the block.

If people honestly want to know the truth, they'll find it out themselves. The resources of information are out there if you but care to look.

6. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

You are correct regarding self education, I just find it amusing so many people disagree with Rawdogs message, yet cant logically explain why.

My theory is that they are just a small subset of the larger set commonly referred to as "Sheeple". in other words, they've never had an original thought their whole lives, they are into PMs because it is different, the bloke next door is not and they think they are a part of some groundbreaking underground groundswell*. I find it amusing that if you disagree with the PermaBulls silver sentiment you are a weak hand or a dunce, but the same terms do not apply if you are anti-RE, in fact terms such as fiscal pygmy are found to be offensuve. You fuys make me laugh with the deptg of your so callwd convictions.

*There you go, three grounds in one sentence.PS aplogiesfor spelling and editing, on phone

7. valuecreator

on the old golismoney.info forum, which I was an early contributor, there was a "civil war" going on for years between the silver bugs and the gold bugs, and that never led anywhere.

That's one of the things surprised me about SS, that everybody seems to acknowledge both metals' nature and value. Why try to bring down silver or gold, they're both 5 star assets, specially in these times.

silver is the most volatile physical asset in the world, with sugar and nat. gas. You just need to know how to use it to your advantage.

8. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Protected species ? Ive heard that a few times thats just ridiculous .

Its one thing to be a bit controversial (as i am ) & another to be totally abusive using obscene language when someone questions your view & wants answers .

If you notice i NEVER go into a swearing tirade at anyone or dis the forum like you do .Your always saying how crap its become around here & we can stick it up our jumper .

I dont think your doing yourself any favours by doing that .

SS is a diverse range of people with different opinions & as in life not everyone will agree with you.Im good with that it broadens my horizons & makes me think about things i would not have thought about otherwise . .

Noone is protected here what happens to you is a consequence of your actions as in life there is a line that you decide to cross or not ..i dance around the line a lot but rarely cross it .You choose to cross it & pay the penalty IMO

9. Auspm

Auspm New Member

I'd respond to you Reno, but I'll likely just cop another holiday in the end so I won't bother. You're not worth it.

10. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

11. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

wont bother to respond ? i think you just did !!!! :lol:

12. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

All it needs to reach triple digits without similar general inflation is:
    1) noobs
    2) and people that take advantage of it.

Put the two together and your triple digits form a temporary story.

See, in the runup to $50 I saw people talking about those 'triple digits' too.
    But they sat ready to sell. Because that 'explosive move' was a standalone market story, and the higher price thus ment profits in terms of purchasing power.
    So they didn't wait for those triple digits to do so.
    See, at some point, it requires the noobs to be plain stupid.

This puts your statement in another light.
    Because, instead of advice, it's a hope for stupidity by people that try to hedge against inflation that isn't there.
    Essentially, it's just a boom bust cycle with some winners.
    And some losers. A part of the story that seems to be absent in explosive silver stories, until AFTER the winners performed their grab, and are on the lookout to buy back in cheap, requiring the noobs to panic sell it further down.

However, there IS a path to a growing silver market, aside of inflation.
    That is, educating eachother.
    Education that solves the 'noobs' problem.
    That causes them to be more careful when buying.
    So that they stay in the green.
    So that they stay in silver.
    Then those huge price fluctuations will be dampened.
    A more stable price trend.
    A reliable market.

13. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That YouTuber leaves me with great confidence. I think he need some Prozac !!!!
    You cant be serious posting BS like this. Its almost, but not quite as bad as Rawdog.

14. mmm....shiney!

Thanks again SS.

According to my investment framework and my goals, if I had invested the same $$ into gold in 2007 as I have in the past 3 years - I would now be in selling mode. Not all of it, but the selling would have begun, maybe 30%, with a view to selling another 60% over the next 3 -4 years. As it is, since I was not investing in gold in 2007, selling mode is still some years away :( definitely not in 2013, and probably not 2014.

I like hearing the views of bears, bulls are a waste of time to listen to because they preach nothing I have not heard before, it's the same with Doomsday posters, anti-banksters and Occupy Wallstreeters - it's just more of the same cliched anti-establishment rhetoric. Reading the ramblings of bears is like practicing swordplay or cricket, it keeps your skills sharp, if you don't practice you get fat, lazy and slow.

I like reading about people's failures, I like reading about people's success stories and how they planned for that success, I like reading Pirocco's posts, although they confound me at times, but he's not a bull. All in all, I welcome a change of viewpoint from the norm - and PermaBulls are the norm.

15. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for the kind words, mmm....shiney. Appreciate your questioning posts also!

I try to be both bull & bear as it is required.

I'm actually currently a bull until I see something that tells me otherwise. Dollar chart not looking too flash.

Looking for contrarian signals ie long term holders selling their metal, but there are more bulls than I'd like at this point in time...

16. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

See what I mean...start's with an apology :rolleyes:

17. mmm....shiney!

What do you mean?

18. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

I concur, very unnecessary. tweak ya camera and start again. simple you'd think.

19. honey stacker

honey stacker New Member Silver Stacker

I just sat through 14 minutes of feeling like I was being abused by someone. The only reason I didn't get up and walk away, was he actually made a fair bit of sense among the sporadic outbursts.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

If rawdog got out now I dare say he got out at the bottom.. not surprising.