The Pelican will love this one.

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Lovey80, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Rinchin

Rinchin New Member

Dude in his previous attempts at the top job Australia has had considerably less to lose from the shabby american electoral process. Now you have obama's millitary being parked in your back yard up in Darwin waiting for whatever happens with China. You have US forces all over the middle east and North Aftica starting all sorts of shinannagans and the world economy is going down the gurgler directly as a result of Bernanke the appointed dictator of the printing press.

Now we have someone who is campaigning to bring all their troops home, stop holding the world to ransom and get back to a sound monetary system. Its high time someone hired a private security firm to go in and inflict a regime change for our own sake before the US realizes the terrorists do have nukes and they are it.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

:lol: :D :D

A rickroll has never made me laugh but this one did. This one totally caught me on the back foot. So pathetic it's funny. :lol:

3. SilverMark

SilverMark Member

As clearly stated LL, I agree that he had buckley's of getting into the oval office but again, that is not the point. He knew it himself before he ran. He is making an effort to make a change and it is not just having an impact on the US, but also abroad. I would also argue that RP does in fact care about Australians (albeit indirectly) - he cares for the liberties of all man. I don't understand how you can be so closed minded over the impact his efforts have made and will continue to as long as people like us continue to help his voice be heard. Isn't the fact that we are having this discussion proof of the positive far-reaching impact one man can have if the cause is just?

As Richard alluded to, we all know the US is the most influencial country in the world. The words and actions of players like Bernanke and Obama have significant influence on my life and my family, and that of every other Australian citizen. This is indisputable so why shouldn't we be interested, vocal and critical of what is going on over there? Whatever happens to their economy effects ours - like it or not, there is one intrinsically linked global economy now. Likewise whoever they go to war with, as their allies also impacts us. I support RP's cause, I agree with his core principals of liberty, sound money, small government, free markets and his position on foreign policy. He is far and away the most genuine and credible politician in US or Aus politics right now. The most significant impact I can make at this stage of my life is engaging in meaningful discussion with friends and family about these very real issues - whether it be Aus politics, US politics, US economics, the state of the EU, China, Iran etc. I aim to open as many eyes as I can to how the world really works now and encourage them to put their future into their own hands. The US is our pseudo government (this cannot be quickly rectified), and the consequences of their fiscal and foreign policies present what I stongly believe to be the biggest imminent threat to our way of life since WWII - more so than the actions of our own petty government. The 2008 crash was not caused by the actions of our government, and the next one won't be either. No point sitting here ignoring reality and putting faith in central planners to save the day

4. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I agree with with Richard.

5. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

When we get a one world Government we will all be able to vote for RP. :(

6. lucky luke

LOL Indeed. And were he the front man for a one world government, would he just end up a shinier and slicker snake-oil salesman like the Nobel Prize Winner Obama? Keep giving the people "hope", and they will stay playing within the system and be mollified.

7. SilverMark

SilverMark Member

I think this is a pretty good summary of the last two US presidents:
    http://www.alt-market.com/articles/718-fake-conservatives-as-dangerous-to-freedom-as-obama

RP has integrity and decades of consistent voting patterns. He doesn't have the charisma of the Obama's or Romney's overshadowing true intentions. If by some miracle he made it into office, there would be no guarantee he would be able to enact the change required. It comes down to the people demanding congress to act and that is why he is on this campaign - to empower the populus with knowledge and willpower to enact change - he doesn't need to be in power. If he was though, at least he would genuinely be giving it a go, rather than just delivering lip service and playing puppet for the status quo.

Maybe Rand Paul would get our votes for a world government? let's hope it never goes that way

8. lucky luke

Sons do not equal fathers..............

9. SilverMark

SilverMark Member

I agree, hence the "Maybe"

10. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Yes, but they certainly can (and do) influence them.

Rand Paul would certainly be the second best person in the US for president!

11. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Nothing would influence Markets and Economies more than a RP presidency ;)