The Money for Nothing Club

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Eureka Moments, Jun 22, 2014.

1. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

being a PIA again ? :) you seem to equate telling the truth with your pc language of trolling . Trolling is dragging a fishing lure in the real world :lol;

2. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Still trolling ?

3. renovator

I think i caught one !!! stay still while i get that hook out of your lip :p:
    If you think you need to be a qualified chef to run a cafe your as dillusional as miloman . Its a cafe not a michelin star restuarant
    Now stop trying to be the forum mother while i cast another lure .

4. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not gonna bite :p

5. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

One of our ex resident grandsons is a 5 star chef presently working on Cyprus.

IMNHO they are the most exploited bunch of unfortunates on the planet. No such thing as overtime ,or penalty rates, and they work like slaves. Ben worked ina fancy restaurant in St Kilda and he was like a zombie most nights after he got home at some insane hour.

JMO

OC

6. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Poor bugger, should join a Union.

7. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Mum or nanna undoubetdly can cook, but they'd probably fail at cooking 5 or 6 different styles of meals to order on half a dozen dockets for say 10 people or more depending on the style of cafe/restaurant within a given time frame and at the same time managing to keep waste to a minimum through careful preparation, menu planning and purchasing, as well as providing a quality product AND remaining profitable. :D

If the boss is not a chef* or cook*, leaving the purchasing to whoever is the Head Chef is like a country where citizens give the government up to 45% of their income and are happy to leave the decisions on how to spend that money in the laps of politicians. :/

*Edit to add: with experience

8. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

ttp://citizensvoice.com/arts-living/2.223/wow-the-average-income-in-1924-was-just-2-196-1.819546

****Wow: The average US income in 1924 was just $2,196 *****

That is 110 oz of gold (US$143,000)

There was no income tax (only for the very wealthy)

Model T cost $260 (in the 1920's)

Average house was $1,200-$2000

Wouldn't you love to earn $2196 1924 $ a year

9. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Post #1 edited to include the word "deluded".

10. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I know plenty of "business people" who "get it" because they've spent the time, effort and money required to learn.

Sure, they may not be able to cook well enough to impress anyone outside of their immediate family, but they do know that you can run a food based establishment on 70% gross profit per dish but you can't run it on 50%. I've also seen a number of good chefs go bust because they don't know that.

Cooking and running a business are two different skills. If you can learn both, good for you. If you only know how to do one, find someone who's good at the other and hook up with them.

If you're both good at what you do, you'll spend a lot of time arguing.

11. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

Honestly if I read "The Money for Nothing Club" one more time I'm going to flip my shit at a certain someone.

get the fuck over it already and accept that being invested in metals stinks, no amount of data will change the fact you have been in a losing game for 3 years. While you're at it stop debating with people who know what they're talking about.

The silver forum is pretty hard to read currently, people at work are constantly asking me why i have my face in my hands all the time - it's because I'm reading that damn sub-forum!

12. mmm....shiney!

If you can't cook, plan a menu and purchase then don't bother.

Just because you can cook doesn't mean you can run a business, but just because you can run a business doesn't mean you will have a successful restaurant - find another business, the margins are too small to make any mistakes.

13. renovator

Im glad you said "probably fail " because ive met a lot of asian & european families that cook that many meals when ive visited or gone for a party & it was all hot ,fresh & at least one of the dishes was with the "waste" ..... no sweat.

14. renovator

Whats that got to do with cooking ? :/

15. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

I bought silver origionally to make some chedda...after much reading I've since learned that it is not a get rich quick scheme and is insurance, store of wealth etc but that doesn't deter my origional motive. It seemed more likely I would end positive then negative and placed a bet. If it takes years and my return is simply the same buying power adjusted for inflation I lost nothing. I'm hanging onto it till the end and if it never ends up going up then I will be dissapointed that I was wrong but its not a big deal. Then again though I also don't have close to the amount some people on this forum do and its by no means a retirement plan...yet. Even if it went to 100$ an ounce tomorrow it is just a short term gain and some extra cash in my pocket.

My motive above all motives is to look like a baller who knew exactly what was about to happen. No body knows I have bought into silver so if it rises then I'll come out of the shadows like the wise investor I was, and if it plummets I'll sweep it under the rug and no body ever has to know about it...I've made several other small plays like a did with silver since I simple have no clue what will come out ontop.

All in all it seems like anything I've been tossing money into is still wiser than what the other 20 year olds in my agegroup are buying even if my logic is flawed.

16. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If you had my kids, you'd likely call it a smart play on probabilities. :lol:

17. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You are doing well for holding on this long...... :lol:

18. mmm....shiney!

All cooked on their terms at a point in time of their choosing.

The point I'm trying to make is that if you cannot cook, don't think that you can just employ a chef and hope to start making some money. Chefs do not give a shit about cost, you will bleed $$$$$$. The best chefs work for themselves or leave to pursue other careers.

19. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

ND,

There are two factors that will boost your silver long term

The first is the basic 'SUPPLY and demand', and the other is INFLATION. Both, in my never humble opinion are INEVITABLE! Nobody knows the timetable for either but I am convinced they WILL happen.

So, buy physical, keep it safe, and tell NOBODY!

(and forget all about todays spot price! It is nothing more than a price guide for today)

JMO

OC

20. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I may be in Cyprus next month. I'll look him up if you like.