The Biggest Theft in the History of Mankind

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by dagsgarrett, Apr 26, 2014.

1. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

When Armageddon comes, I'm a getting out of here.

This is an interesting scenario. It makes more sense since the Ukraine than before. It is not high on my list of future outcomes, but variations of such may still come about. I think governments would more likely confiscate the larger holdings like ETFs and other large gold stockpiles first.

2. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes indeed! Have you not noticed the incestual relationship between large corporations and government, the revolving doors, corporate capture, the influence of lobbying and election funding, and the actions of governments over recent years especially during the GFC?

Did you see this recent study?

[h]Princeton Study: U.S. No Longer An Actual Democracy[/h]

A new study from Princeton spells bad news for American democracynamely, that it no longer exists.

Asking "[w]ho really rules?" researchers Martin Gilens and Benjamin I. Page argue that over the past few decades America's political system has slowly transformed from a democracy into an oligarchy, where wealthy elites wield most power.

Using data drawn from over 1,800 different policy initiatives from 1981 to 2002, the two conclude that rich, well-connected individuals on the political scene now steer the direction of the country, regardless of or even against the will of the majority of voters.

"The central point that emerges from our research is that economic elites and organized groups representing business interests have substantial independent impacts on U.S. government policy," they write, "while mass-based interest groups and average citizens have little or no independent influence."

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/princeton-experts-say-us-no-longer-democracy
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/princeton-scholar-demise-of-democracy-america-tpm-interview

3. dagsgarrett

dagsgarrett Member Silver Stacker

The lead indicators of any such events I have outlined occurring will be the growing and very deliberate media coverage in (Australia anyway) of the theft of private citizens holdings of precious metals, the majority of these theft will involve the private storage of citizens SMSF holdings, which will then be followed by changes to SMSF legislation disallowing the private storage of holdings. Although it is now hard to insure private holdings over $5,000 this will also become disallowed or no longer covered.

Now that all private holding have to be stored in reputable or government owned depository storage they are now easy pickings for the powers to be. In regards to whether it would be easier to nationalise the mines first if this was the case wouldn't their already be legislation in place which would entitle such a thing. To the best of my knowledge the Reserve Bank Act 1959 only applies to persons not corporations. I am not suggesting that they wouldn't nationalise the mines simple that the corporations will come after they have taken the peoples gold first. As this is when the price of gold and silver will increase dramatically lining the pockets of governments yet quickly becoming out of reach of the private citizens. It is also of interesting note that section 48 of the Act the RBA has the power to exempt a person from the provisions of the act, you can bet your bottom dollar that won't be you or me.

4. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And as highlighted in the Mises Daily a couple of days ago, highlights why we should all welcome moving away from centralisation of power in the Australian Government (as per ALP/Green plans) and devolve it back toward the states (as per the Coalition plans) [or ideally even further].

5. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

correct me if Im wrong but the same happened in the US around 1977(or 87)??? that was not long ago....

6. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I truly hope you are right but I think you are wrong. Western governments and corporations have learned well the techniques of mass control of the populace through mass media propaganda. Debt and greed has made us a nation of sheep easily manipulated.

7. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Mussolini's "Gold for the Fatherland" initiative

Following quote is from Wikipedia..but well documented in history books

8. iluvbeanz

iluvbeanz Member

First of all, was the OP google-translated from another language? It was so hard to read with all the grammatical errors.

Do you seriously think that the government will go door-to-door on to every house, demanding for all the PM? And what if they show up and you just say "I don't have it"? The time and resources spent to maybe even get your personal holdings is just not probable. They're not going to search every crevice of every house in the nation just for a chance to obtain PM. This also definitely wouldn't look good for politics.

9. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

x2. not going to happen. why expend so many resources trying to obtain an unknown amount of PM from unknown locations when it's unknown if it's even still there?
    it's much easier to take control of the source- mines. atleast they know what's there and where it is.

"stolen years ago". when they can't find it i guess they'll have to believe you.

10. hilaire9

hilaire9 Member

Citizens of the United States could always legally buy and sell all the gold they wanted or could afford.