That feeling that it is too late

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by tolly_67, Aug 25, 2013.

1. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

I do not intend to buy just yet but I just can't help but look at SLR and think ....wow.....look at that capital gain in the last few weeks. As I wrote in an earlier post, I salute all those who had the belief to buy at those low prices and now that stock is delivering some real joy.
    As for a continuation of this rise, I will just wait and see. I will give it 3 weeks maybe and if it can't hold the 1400 dollar mark then I will wait some more.

2. Blame_Game

Blame_Game New Member

These upword moves are the opposite of what occured in gold stocks 2 years ago. They started to fall abit and then a little more and a little more, then finally the capitulation Holders kept waiting for a small up turn to sell but it never came.

Here we are now, waiting for that pull back, or confirmation that we should buy. I think the confimation is in, the best thing you can do now is buy in and execute your sell target. Not go all in, but average in. The sooner the better now.

Just my 2 cents.

3. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Blame_game im not 100% sure about that

The stocks and gold were so far below their moving averages they needed a rally just to touch bottom.
    A significant pullback is still on the cards, and gold (the metal) has not confirmed anything yet.

I agree that you should average in, but look at the indicators - they are all saying PULLBACK
    I would rather be buying into sell pressure than buying in the direction of the decreasing momentum.

So - in short. There is a very good thesis for waiting for the pullback, and there is the fear of missing more gains.
    Avoid emotions

If you wanna BUY, proove WHY, otherwise you may CRY and scream WHY

4. Roswell Crash Survivor

Roswell Crash Survivor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You intending on claiming thats your own original expression, or did you hear that from someone else?

5. SilverSanchez

I just made it up

6. Blame_Game

Blame_Game New Member

SilverSanchez, I don't do a lot of my own research, just observations.

Over the last few years I have read views from a tonne of different sources and have culled them all down to 2 or 3 sensible bloggers and subscriptions. The ones that I have concluded to be the most level headed and accurate in their forecasts and comments. The ones I believe will track the bull market accurately and honestly.

Not the best way to invest I know, but if someone is willing to do research on these markets and stocks all day while I go to work for 10 hours, I am willing pay for their time and invest using their research.

From what I can see from your posting on this forum you made some bad bets on the way down. You we're playing the contrarian just so you could say you were one. Now that its going up I think you will make the same mistake.

Yehhhhhh there will be pull backs, and we will go lower and their will be better opportunities, but who's going to pick the pull backs? Over all, from the people I trust, the indication is that the gold/silver market has turned and now is the time to get back in........slowly, slowly off course.

7. SilverSanchez

*shruggs* Its better to have a little than none.

There are some very intelligent people saying the gold market is following the oil market.
    A technical trade of buying the front month and selling the back month in the futures - some people I trust say 1050 gold is still hovering, while others I trust say the bottom is in.
    The truth is gold has not confirmed a bull market yet, which means its possible to give up all the gains thus far.... and quickly.. (technically possible not always probable)

8. tolly_67

I like Sanchez's positive contribution to the stackers forum. He adds some life and I enjoy his contribution regardless of accuracy. My accuracy will be torn to shreds if this upwards move continues......(hides head in embarrassment)....but that's life.....do your best and be open to different opinion and be prepared to accept that we all make wrong decisions from time to time.

9. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

I agree :p

Today, I bought back into CHZ & KCN, heck I even thought why not pick up some BAB as very short term gamble. I thought I was made the right decision and low and behold, 2 out of the 3 went southbound today and the 3 remained at zero gain or loss... Even with my due diligence, I just can't pick a winner and it's driving me crazy :mad: :p

10. Stick Framer

Stick Framer New Member

Has anybody looked into ABU?

(My disclosure is that it's now one of my larger holdings)

11. Stick Framer

Stick Framer New Member

New announcement today which contained the following statement

"exceeds the published resource estimation grade. Insights gained through the opening up of the geology of this mineral system continue to provide extensions to known veins and additional targets on what is possibly one of the last high-grade open-pit mineable gold systems in Australia."

Hold on to your hats people

12. tolly_67

What a difference 2 years make. It is always worth reviewing previous posts.
    I can't believe how far this stock has fallen out of favour. When gold pushes below $1000, this stock could prove to be one of the buys of the century.

13. SilverDJ

SilverDJ Well-Known Member

Why will it magically go ballistic if gold hits $1000?

14. tolly_67

I was referring to its price potential once gold has bottomed and reversed. A 4 year window would suffice to show an impressive gain.

15. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

I'm on board. Wouldn't mind snagging 10,000 shares or so.
    Once metals are done free-falling....we'll see if it's under $0.10/share.

16. tolly_67

Imagine a return back to $5 after that purchase......gives me goosebumps.....

17. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

Totally possible too... Hell, I'd be happy with $3-$4. :lol:

18. tolly_67

go for 100,000 shares below .10c and it will boost your superannuation when the time comes.

19. -j-p-shmorgan

-j-p-shmorgan New Member

100,000 ? You must be ballin!
    It definitely looks interesting... could be fun to see how high it goes. lol

20. tolly_67

Yes, sorry about that....I should have said 500,000. It would be the best $50,000 you will spend.
    It's funny isn't it. People borrow half a million on a rental property but poop their pants if they borrowed $50,000 for shares. The argument is that you could lose the 50.....but no-one considers a capital loss of 100 or more.