stop buying at what price

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Iluvnumbers, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Keep telling yourself that

2. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

I do, every day as I stare at a stack that has more than doubled my wealth already.

3. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

that's very impressive!

but if your prediction of silver tanking doesn't come true, it seems as if your stack will be stagnating in size.

Mine will - by contrast - continue to grow :lol:

4. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

There is a difference between not buying right now and getting rid of your whole stack. Even if you're not buying you're still exposed to the rising silver price with your existing stack... Sounds like a win to me.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

To be honest roman, you're probably looking at it backwards.

You've trodden water, the rest of the markets have crashed horribly in fiat measured terms.

I started buying sub $15 USD and I'm still a buyer today and will be a buyer tomorrow.

My stack is measured in ounces, not dollars spent.

6. Aureus

I have a core stack that I will never sell, even when I want to. I am not going to bet $400-$1300 that Silver tanks 50% but as you can see tonight there are events that cause dips and that is when you buy.

I feel like i'm talking to a brick wall.

7. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

Seems your neither uninformed nor very humble.
    You obviously believe silver's top for the next 5-10 years must be 45-50. which is fine, but don't act like people who don't share your same idea of a top are ignorant. It's wonderful you bought as low as you did, but waiting for a 50-60 percent correction that may never come to buy could possibly leave a lot of people out of the game and definitely the end of your stack, completely dependent on what you have now to grow your net worth. Plenty of people would consider you just as naive as those you accuse. Time will tell. Oh, there's a difference between a "permabull' hyped up on shiny religion and people who invest for decades and understand there are no fundamentals in place for drastic positive change in world economies.

8. Aureus

BTFD
    I don't think Silvers top is $50, I don't recall saying that and i'm not telling people to wait for a 60% correction either. I am using 2008 as an example of what could happen, buying in the low 30s is what I have been suggesting isn't it? I still stand by that.
    Look at what's happening right now, there is a real chance it falls another $4 or so and then my waiting has become justified once again. I don't care about humility on the internet, being blunt is the only way to get my view accross to some here it seems.

BTFD, that is all.

9. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

So, if it never goes below 35, you're done...out? And anyone that takes your advice never gets in? Because? Your 6 month top is? 1 year? 5 Year? 10 year?
    If any of your answers are above 50, then a detailed explanation for waiting to buy low 30s would certainly be warranted, though not demanded...that is all ;)

10. Aureus

Very real chance it drops to $32-$33 now, i'll buy if it does. Otherwise yes i'm out, I will focus on other investments like Gold.

My advice is to buy the dips and not buy on the way up that is all. This is growing old, i'm done repeating myself now, I have made my position clear I think.
    Ignore what I have to say and keep buying high if that's your plan, you obviously think i'm full of shit so asking me questions is pointless.

11. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Take heart, your points are as valid and possibly just as thought provoking, as anyone else's. History will reveal all in time. :)

12. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

No, no I don't. If you want to get out of silver and into gold that's great, you have a great Ag stack already, I was speaking to your advice for newbies. If they wait till low 30s they may never get in. So what if they start buying 36-38, they can still buy more at lower prices.
    Believe me, I can appreciate your position, but you're in a different position than newbies.
    Sorry dude my tone led you to believe anything different.

13. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

Wow. Somebody states an opinion different to yours and that makes it mandatory that he indulges you in a pointless bet? You have your opinion, he has his - why get so defensive about it?

14. Aureus

I don't care what you think of me or my views. I don't gamble, certainly not with people like you that have so much malice behind their words. I would advise that you tone it down a bit though, I have thick skin but one step further and you're over the line.

I think it's humerous that as my predictions come to pass you still think i'm dodgy, another $2 off the current price and I think that puts us in the low 30s right? it would make everything I have said valid but turn a blind eye to the facts, you permabulls are good at that :lol:

15. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

I swear when I first started reading this forum everybody was civil and the converstation were intelligent. It was a rare beacon of light for forums everywhere on the internet.

Lets keep it positive guys. A variety of opinions is benificial for everyone.

16. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

I know what you'll say if it drops to 33, but if it doesn't, what will you have to say? That you really have no idea what you're talking about?
    Nothing wrong with you stating your opinion, nothing wrong with you passing at 35, and why not, you've a bought a lot for a lot less, right? But telling people they're ignorant to start or continue their stack at 35 or criticize people who recommend it as fanatical out of touch with reality "permabulls" is a bit over the top. Ya see, I haven't said it wouldn't hit 33 so, if it does I'll have no crow pie to eat, but if I doesn't, let me recommend milk to wash it down with, can be a bit feathery if not cooked right.
    For what it's worth the really smart, wealthy people probably bought today at 36, will buy even more in the low 30s and yet more still sub 30. That's how the rich get richer, they don't set a target and buy everything at one price, they buy all along the road down.

17. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Pretty much comes down to different buying strategies...

1. Buy at any price point, cost average to build stack (most people).
    2. Buy bulk at the dips, rip hair out and rage if miss the dip (me and some others).

Neither are more valid than one another, it's just different that's all.

With a 11% dip in the past day, that could've been a 12.36% increase in my purchase if I had waited. So if I was buying 100oz, it would've become 112oz.

But if it went the other way instead, 100oz becomes 88oz.

There's always a risk when you go for the number 2 option and sometimes it pays off and sometimes it doesn't.

It's not really gambling, it's just taking a calculated risk.

18. Aureus

I'm buying at 30-33 and give myself that number because I already have a stack, provided you can find someone selling with low premiums I think it's ok to enter at this price. I stress the premium part, no point buying at $36 when you still have to pay over $40 for an ounce of silver.

I have said from the begining, BTFD, well this is a dip provided sellers lower their premiums (which may not happen). At the risk of sounding like a broken record I am simply against buying on the way up. I appreciate your approachable tone :)

19. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Your sub 200oz stack ? "cough" :lol:

20. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

Thanks, you too. I agree buying up is not for people with significant stacks, but if one believes in the mid and long term value of silver and has no or little silver, they really have no other way to buy, they can only try to purchase the dips on the way up as I have done.
    I didn't get in till late, but I've purchase silver and gold every time it's dipped so far. My funds are limited, so my purchases as of late are as well, but I never spend all I have the moment it retreats. I bought at 37 and a little more at 35. If it goes down more, I buy a little more, but you and I differ a bit is because our situations differ. I will buy again should it not drop, but rise, at 37 again. Then wait for another dip. Hey, it's all I can do at this point.