Stellaconcepts sold his investment portion of silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by heartastack, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Ag47

Ag47 Active Member Silver Stacker

2. Guest

Guest Guest

So how long until you are out completely ? or do you buy the dips and get back in again? If so is buying the dips Contrarian?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Me ;) I got excited, what can I say :rolleyes: Though mostly at $43

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Watched his latest vid this arvo, I haven't watched many of them really but I found this one interesting as he explained why he has deviated from the original gist of his channel, and in it himself described sort of how and why he has gone from a desk thumping (his words) silver advocate to a more mature realization of what is going on.

I couldn't help but feel tho the old adage of "power corrupts" , as I typed tho I havent watched too many of his vid's , but I sort of got the feeling watching that he was backing away from stuff he had said in the past even tho his current opinion was well explained. Not been an avid follower and knowing the complete story i cant really pass judgment but being aware of spotmex now and "some" of the former opinions I am left to wonder about the motivation of future youtube vids.

He did pick it well on timing etc but I do have to wonder if the past/current opinion vids and "advice" conflict with the current/future ones with consideration of business interest's now.

Just my grams worth relative to current price.

5. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

People who can't learn from their experiences or can't change their opinion are not worth listening too.

6. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Im sure when your younger your views on certain things change as you get older, nothing new here . As you get wiser with investing or anything (for that matter) you change your tune. I think what his views are at the beginning are still valid to some extent but as an investment point of view you can't base your hopes and dreams of making a good return on the fact that everything around you is corrupt and a conspiracy (You don't make money that way). As bad as it sounds IF you do want to make money, just follow how the GREEDY RICH bastards do it (if you watch the flow of money you start to get a sense of how those guys do it cause they may be greedy BUT they are rich so they do know what they are doing), don't go against them cause its their game. If you really want to get back at them there are better ways to do it then to play them at their own game and hope to beat them.

7. silversardine

silversardine Member

I typed out a lengthy response last night then deleted it - but it said basically this.

New information and new experience integrated with past knowledge and experience equals learning. This will lead to new opinions and new ideas.

Whether those ideas are right or wrong we cannot say, but we can use that shared knowedge to form our own opinions.

8. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Even if it really is a conspiracy? I always thought that the best way was to actually understand whats happening under the hood?

9. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

100% right, but don't skip the part where it might not be a conspiracy first (logic first, followed by other possibilities later). All the ups and downs movements in silver (as of late) have not been a conspiracy its standard movements in leveraged markets like housing ..... AND EVEN if it was a conspiracy (lets say it is cause the banks are manipulating the markets) how can you expect to profit from it if you go against them ?! They have the power to move it up, they have the power to move it down.

You may call them out on it (jump up and down and create a whole freaking movement against it) but you wont make money at the end from it, not if you face it head on and try to bankrupt a bank (bankers don't fail cause they are dumb, they fail cause they are to smart and confuse them selves, if you look at the mathematics behind the derivatives and things they used they stuffed up not cause they are dumb managing money, they experimented and the lab went BOOM ! This means they were trying to be pioneers albeit greedy ones in financial engineering, this isnt the world of the dumb where simple basic logic will catch them out such as taking delivery to bankrupt them) .

For lack of a better way of putting it, if you see it as a war, each one of these price movements is a battle, you loose enough of them and banks win by taking your money, you win some and take profits here and there and get your self rich/er, who knows what you can do with that money later ;)

10. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

My remaining stack is costing me nothing. With zero risk now I'm more comfortable riding the highs. If silver went back to $50 next week I wouldn't be selling.

C

11. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

The other side of the coin though is that once silver really climbs you've also effectively shut yourself out by shedding all those ounces.
    Its a two-way street - you see it as having shed risk by selling out, i see it as having shed your opportunities at locking in massive gains later on

12. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

13. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Sad... but if he expected more from human nature he is forever going to be disappointed. I for one appreciated the content :)

14. pixha

pixha Member

Youtube comments are always full of bloody idiots. Solution - turn off comments. Would be ace if Stella kept up the updates in the form of a blog... Since it seems it is the youtube crowd that has done his head in..

15. silverfunk

silverfunk Active Member

I dont blame him, all the silver crazies are out and about on YT and have all lost their sh%t.

16. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Hes probably going to have some fun spending his profits ....enjoy stella..you put your money where your mouth was then pulled it when you wanted & made a few bob ...good luck to ya

17. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

Yeah I think the crazies were just jealous because they could have increased their physical position if they sold at the top and bought back in now

18. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

I agree 100% and could not have said it better myself. As for stellas case, those in the sla with max just loss close to 40% value, if John bought now he would add more than 40% to his stack. Choose who you want to believe.

19. stellaconcepts

stellaconcepts New Member

hem9 - you should have listened to me too bro!!! I told you it wouldnt hit $50 and you still wanted to buy it off me (not much of a salesman am I lol ;)

20. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

As I told you mate, I was buying from you cause from my records I sold 2.13x the amount I bought from you with an average of 28% premium (high premium coins) so as I hedged if the spot goes down, I was hedging going up by transferring the fiat premiums to more metal. So it's all good, it goes down I buy more or it goes up I have your ounces.