StellaConcepts $50,000 Trading Challenge - Discussion

Discussion in 'Silver' started by goldpelican, Feb 19, 2013.

1. stellaconcepts

stellaconcepts New Member

A lot to respond to on this thread.

I could also cook you breakfast every morning and take you out for dinner every night ;-) Silver is what I know best and this is not meant to be anything more than a bit of fun to pass the falling silver price away ;) Diversity is key, agree.

Why? what difference does it make? Does being a "true blue" stacker mean something about my ability to commentate and/or navigate the silver market? Please answer this while I answer your question - Yes, I stack silver - I'm not even sure how, if you've been following my posts like you say, you could come to any other conclusion... I trade paper markets AS WELL.

Yes, one of my pet hates about the silver community is they view it as a religion. Religion blind-sights you from the truth. It asks you to have faith rather than examine the evidence.

Again, I don't see the point of this question. Someone who stacks Silver vs someone who purely paper trades it has equal weight in their right to commentate on the silver market. The ONLY per-requisite for me when listening to anyone, 'purist' or otherwise, is 'Do they back their assertions up with logic, fact and reasoning....' Something I've not always done in the past and something I no come to expect from myself and others.

Who said its going to be easy?

One thing is for sure. I WILL NEVER recommend anyone do anything with their stacks.

Damn, my capitalist cover has been blown. Well DUH its for gain...

What the hell kinda question is this? Seriously! I've dedicated two years of my life for silver on Youtube, sold my house to buy silver, co-authored a Wiley & Sons book on 'riding the silver bull market' and much more and to get flipped off with such an arrogant questions makes me not really like you. What is this? A penis measuring contest?

2. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

3. stellaconcepts

Oh forgot one...

You mean for the microsecond it was there? Sorry, I blinked and must have missed it.

One has to wonder if you're asking me that question now, where were YOU when I said $27 would be where it retraces to (WHEN IT WAS AT 48)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUM17Mj0dR0

4. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks Stella, looking forward to follow this :)
    Cheers

5. southerncross

Unlike your lordship I like a lot of people are unable to keep a spare 50 g sitting around for gaming, so I was cost averaging and buying where I could, all the way up and down.

6. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Let's all chill...

7. bloomst

bloomst Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Stella, where would be the next purchasing you going to make? Will this current spot temp you, or are you waiting where spot will go this week?

8. stellaconcepts

Silver broke its long term trendline last night... It's kinda tempting, but I dont think the low in this move is in now... Watching with bated breath tho

9. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

While i think this thread will be fun to watch i will be doing what I think is right not what stella or anyone else thinks .

I like your balls stella putting it out there to be scrutinized by the masses ..Trading in & out isnt for me i make my money in other places & metals is just one of my savings vehicles for the long term . I might take some profit at some stage but havent been too worried about it as yet .

Theres been a few people that have done some profit taking over the last couple of years & i commend them for doing so . .

10. stellaconcepts

SouthernCross, I asked you a question which you've not answered

Why? what difference does it make? Does being a "true blue" stacker mean something about my ability to commentate and/or navigate the silver market?

I gave you the courtesy of answering your questions, please give me the same.

11. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

It's a theoretical trading simulation in response to hotel46's suggestion at http://forums.silverstackers.com/message-480425.html#p480425 - there's not $50k actually being traded with public bragging. A lot of people seemed to have assumed that.

12. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

I for one am happy about this, bit of fun and games and light entertainment. I would prefer the option to short the metals be in there as well as just buying and selling

13. southerncross

Because an average stacker, might have the ability to stack only a few ounces a week once living expenses etc are paid for, not jump in and out of the game on information gained from Youtube or the net, hence the term stacking as opposed to trading. There are people who didn't sell at $48 and kept stacking and still do. Are they fool's for doing so ?

14. southerncross

I didn't, I assumed it was for exposure mileage. It has been a while after all.

15. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

Southerncross - so what if Stella is a stacker or trader. This is a theoretical game but if in his private life he has the nouce and balls to make a jump with bigger money than most would confidently stump up then so what.

I appreciate the game and unlike some others that have been here in the past, he is prepared to play the game publically and let us in on some insight.

There is no need to give him a hard time imo.
    I'm with reno, metals are a savings vehicle for me not for gambling with as i'm generally pretty cr@p at doing that.

16. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes, lets keep this in the spirit that it is intended to be - Some fun and a bit of a distraction. Stella is prepared to put himself out there for scrutiny in a volatile market so lets go along for the ride and enjoy the trip without making it too serious.

17. stellaconcepts

I see where you are coming from now. Printed text can lose translation sometimes. Sorry for coming across harshly.

Everyone is in metal for their own reasons. Only the individual can say if they were fools for not taking profits at different times. To answer generally however, if you didn't take profits due to greed, then it was a foolish thing to do... But it doesn't make you a fool.

This whole 50k trading thing was your mate hotel's idea. Not mine. He is what you call a true blue stacker yea?

18. southerncross

I haven't given John a hard time it's just some cynical questions laid against the backdrop of the fan club that make it look that way. I'm sure his balls are big enough to cope.

19. stellaconcepts

Fan club? As someone whose been 'online' for about 4 years. Since $50 silver...for every 'fan' there are two 'anti-fans'. Apparently to get a significant 'fan' base u need to be seen to only buy silver, and that at any price.

Fans. Lol. Wonder what my signature is going for on eBay.

20. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Do you have any "revisionist" views now on manipulation of the silver market?

I seem to recall you doing a 180 on that topic ...