StellaConcepts $50,000 Trading Challenge - Discussion

Discussion in 'Silver' started by goldpelican, Feb 19, 2013.

1. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

2. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

Just a suggestion from a peanut. Stella can you include a spot time stamp for both metals with your posts?

3. bloomst

bloomst Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What would be an indication of time frame? Till perth mint release the new lunar series...end of oct? Or end of financial year?

4. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

All good didn't realise you were doing kilos Stella, info is all there.

5. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'd say I qualify :p

6. stellaconcepts

stellaconcepts New Member

I was thinking about that myself, but timeframe really depends on the silver market.... open to suggestions... but I dont think you can really put a timeframe on it.

7. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

One year would be a good time frame.

8. stellaconcepts

Eureka Moments... removed extra zero... Admin - you can delete his/her post from that thread and lock it at your lesuire... I'll pm you with my trade updates and you can unlock the thread and post as me? is that doable? Because there is a chance I might buy/sell and then the market moves in/out of favor and it wouldnt be completely transparent... at the very least I will send you my trade as I make it and post it when I can and you can confirm the details of the post with the message I sent you.

9. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

So you're waiting for it to test $26.50, hold and then buy on the run back up at $28?
    That's interesting, I wager a lot of people would buy in at $26.xx. Surely the odds of it rebounding to the upside in that case are much higher than it falling? some would say that's a very good price to start backing up the truck.

Also what institutional funds coming OUT of Silver?

10. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

you reckon??? :lol:

11. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

well exactly, not rocket science is it?
    For that reason I want to know why John feels a need to wait at that level before pulling the trigger.

12. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

well obviously John strongly believes that silver will dip under $27 per ounce...

A very brave call I'd say - we'll have to wait and see whether he actually has the nerve to wait that long before buying in.

13. stellaconcepts

I think it's more than possible. But current technicals are very important. If this zone holds I might be buying at 32.

The institutional funds are coming out of gold. Which affects silver.

14. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

plus 1 with BB

I suspect ~ $1560 USD downside on gold (might not get there)
    I suspect ~ $29 USD downside for silver (better chance of getting there than gold to 1550)

Are people buying more fridges, phones, computers?
    Are some zinc and copper mines slowing down?
    Is the Australian dollar likely to drop against the USD in the next 6months?

I think silver has more strength than Gold funadamentally at the moment... I bet you wont buy any at $27.00 USD

15. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

One has to wonder if your looking at a price of $27 now, where you were when it hit $26 level back last year?

Please do not get me wrong here John, I quite liked your past tube post's and your honest opinion displayed in them. Yes I do think you give an honest opinion, It is even evident in the videos posted on the previous "I'm excited" thread where you said a number of times you could be wrong. You are a likeable guy and give a straight forward appraisal of what you think is going on in the PM markets, Whats more you put it out there for all to see.

But are you a true blue stacker or a trader or a mix of both ? Are you all phys, half paper or vice versa ?

Just as in all religions there are distinctions amongst the differing denominations and vocal supporters of the high priest's as they are perceived.

My old M8 hotel46 for example could be described as a purist who just stacks for the future like a pack rat or a CDO sufferer and only places a sell in order to finance the purchase of a particular shiney that strikes his fancy, stacking diligently for the future and once a precious is in his grasp is never letting it go, week in week out building a stack for the future for himself or for those who might benefit from such a prudent practice. A pure Stacker lets say.

Then there are those who buy the latest release from the Perth Mint in the expectation they might flip a few to cover their cost's and make a profit in order to increase the ounce count.

Those who swap and trade the GSR in order to increase the ounces of whatever they deem appropriate.

Those who play a mix of paper silver/gold and who also have a phys holding on the side of both that they build and hold with the profits made from such trades.

Really the mix is as endless as there are individuals.

I suppose my question is to you is where do you fall amongst all these differing types of "stackers" ? Is a paper trader the same as a physical buyer and can a paper trader realistically be a stacker?

It is all well and good to give people a heads up and I commend you on your honest appraisal of where the PM market is going, there is after all a huge vacuum in Aus for stackers from people like yourself with the knowledge to read the market, but in reality equating an easy in an out to profit from for a dedicated stacker is a bit of an ask.

Let's just for example say Stella recommends everybody sell's their stack and all the members here try to dump their phys all at once? Can you Imagine ?

As I said I do appreciate your knowledge and all but when you post things like this
    It seems to me to be more for gain than anything else. Sure you made A good call but how much did you actually hold ?

16. silversmith

silversmith New Member

Stella

Is there a reason you're not including platinum or palladium(the red-headed step child of PM's) in your trading challenge?

Also should your parameters include numis products? While more expensive to buy, the increased value at sell is higher than bullion, sometimes by huge multiples.

Diversity is key in any portfolio.

17. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Another question if I may, Will you be buying and holding Phys or Paper for this trade ?

18. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

It's meant to be all phys I believe

19. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

????

20. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

?