Stacker levels...

Discussion in 'Silver' started by PrettyPrettyShinyShiny, Mar 17, 2011.

1. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

The day we lose the freedom to express what our heart tells us to say is not a day to look forward to.
    Appreciate the respect. *tips hat*. Back at you, kind sir.

2. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

Actually your tax money ultimately goes to the banksters. Can't see the forest for the trees.

3. Blame_Game

Blame_Game New Member

Since when is respect won with a paragraph on a forum. You have fallen for the classic 'don't argue with an idiot......they will beat you down to their level and win with experience' trick.

I think it would be more fitting that he hands out every single forum member an equal portion of his silver so I can turn around and say to him 'all you contributed to my stack was .15oz' Then I will want him to do the same with his car. Then I will laugh at him; then I will expect him to study, get a job and not whine about it. Then and only then can he gain some respect.

4. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

i did say a LITTLE respect :p:p

5. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

You can expect what you want. Mr. Perfect here, makes me proud to be of a different opinion - tell everyone that what they do is wrong, and it's my way or the highway.

As far as respect goes, so you really think that purely because of your 'no-whine, study, work and shut up' attitude people respect YOU? Last time I checked, I don't choose my friends based on how little they discuss their situations or study load. I choose them because they are honest, treat me as an equal, are caring and people that would be there for me if something happened in my life where I required emotional support. That is where respect is earned. If you are one of these 'take a teaspoon of cement' people.. you're a cold-hearted fool.

*my sincerest apologies for dragging the thread down like this and I wouldn't be surprised if it was deemed inappropriate and unacceptable for this forum and as a consequence was removed*

6. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not at all my good man

Carry on

7. Ernster

Ernster New Member

Yes please carry on ...this sheet is entertaining.

8. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

As entertaining as it is, I think I have said what I wanted. UNLESS I need to make another rebuttal. I'm not really in the business of getting into arguments with people about personal circumstances. The system is so complicated and so are people. There will always be differences of opinion.

9. Rothbard

Rothbard New Member

Dont you think you have spent enough of your valuable and restricted time on here lately defending yourself?

Instead of all this idle talk fueled by ego you could have been searching seek/career-one for meaningful part-time/casual employment that relates to your degree and furthers your professional experience beyond your class mates and re-inforces the topics you have learnt at Uni. Or, why not read a book on skills that you could learn that will further your career path and increase your earning capacity and value to society.

May I recommend "How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie" as a start? I would follow this with "Maximum Achievement - Brian Tracy"

If you want to get ahead in life you had better get well into your career path before you have even finished your degree and have developed a work ethic that is beyong "not liking work". That will certainly not wash well with an employer.

You can have all the letters after your name you wish teamed with formally taught intellect and facts but its the person with the right attitude and work ethic that becomes a success.

I am going to piss myself if you reply to this saying that you dont have time!

10. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

I don't have time. *insert pissing yourself here*

Thanks for the patronising comment :) Well aware of all those things. It really isn't anything new or innovative. I'm qualified in a number of fields and have experience in all of them. Does it mean I love work? No. And who in their right mind ever leads on to their employer that they don't like work if they want a pay rise? F$%k. I have a great work ethic. I just don't like it that much. Is it THAT hard to comprehend? LOL

By the way --- intellect isn't formally taught.

Being a uni student, I have an exhaustive day ahead of me today- 2 hour lecture and a day on the beach, followed by tv and maltesers LOL.. by the way, I might go and spend ALL of your hard earned tax dollars that YOU paid ME on some more ounces! lol. Any biters??? Come on..you know you have steam billowing out of your ears!

Anyway.. enjoy the comments. I'v had fun tonight! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

11. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

mmmm maltesers on the couch ....

12. mintydent

mintydent Member

Slaves to the system. I don't blame them, though. They're taught to hate anyone who doesn't contribute to 'society'.

13. Rothbard

Rothbard New Member

If you sincerely mean what you have said here and this isnt simply an ego-centric backlash to public criticism, this is a sad commentary of the up coming generation who will eventually lead our country.

It doesnt make sense that you have a good work ethic and dont like work. Those notions are mutually exclusive.

And no, it doesnt make sense asking for a pay rise if you dont like your work - because you are not worth nor do you deserve a pay rise with that attitude!

A good work ethic is beyond just turning up when required and doing the minimum to get your allocated pay. Those are people we call "clock-watchers" and rarely become wealthy or happy in life. They bitch and moan, "live for the weekend" have "monday-itis" and say they are worth more money!

Before you can ask for more money you must show VALUE in the money you will recieve. Working in sales is the hardest and most painful way to make $70,000 per year...and the easiest way to make $500,000 per year. I can choose to work or not...and my pay reflects my effort. Fair wouldnt you say?

If you are truly passionate about what you do then you think about your work all the time, you look for ways to be better at what you do, of more value to your employer and customers. If you find something you really love then it doesnt feel like work and you look forward to getting there in the morning, often earlier than you need to. Your eyes are brighter and your face smiles when speaking with people about the business you are in. people enjoy being around you.

It is cliche but ask yourself the question - " What would I do with my time that is benefit to others if I won millions of dollars tomorrow?" Meditate on that question, contemplate it and answer it honestly.

If your university degree, qualifications and current job dont match that answer or arent in line with your answer then you are wasting your time, money and energy in acquiring these "qualifications" which really dont give you or your employer any benefit.

If you follow this advice I can guarantee you that you will never work a day in your life, you will be happy and you will be wealthy beyond your current dreams. People will enjoy being your customer or client because they see the passion you have for what you do. People will want to pay you more money because they see that you do what you do better than the drones who compete against you in the market place.

I am speaking from experience and I personally followed this advice from an old mentor of mine. I now live in paradise, earn great money, love going to work and love studying my profession every day. (Yes, I am a student too; of the Ludwig Von Mises Institute of Austrian Economics) I also read and learn sales skills daily.

Sadly, I am sick this morning and I really hope I am feeling better in the next hour so I can get to work ASAP!

14. Ernster

Ernster New Member

jelliott41 what you describe is appropriate for someone who owns their own business or is doing something that they truly love such as a Lawyer or a sports star.

99% of people are in jobs that they go because they have no choice, not because they love it. (even those in fields which they got from a degree)

It simply is not realistic. Most humans are not built to work like a slave 9 to 5, 5-6 days out of 7 for the rest of their lives begging down to a boss. That's the real reason most people don't like working - the loss of freedom the loss of their life.

It's great you love your job that much but you are definitely the exception and not the rule.

15. Rothbard

Rothbard New Member

Are you not the master of you? Are you not free to choose?

16. Evolution

Evolution Member

No, they're not. I don't particularly like working (I don't like doing nothing either) and I have one of the strongest work ethics. I'm never late, I even leave home earlier than I need to just to make sure of it. I never take a minute longer than my breaks' allow. I never stand around doing nothing, even after I've completed the work I had to do I'll look for something else. Because I'm being paid to be there, I'm being paid to work, to do nothing feels tantamount to stealing. I've hated pretty much every job I've had, doesn't mean I did them half-assed.

17. Blame_Game

Blame_Game New Member

So how about those stacker levels.

18. silversardine

silversardine Member

Having a strong work ethic is different from experiencing what is called ''flow'' when you are working in a job using your natural strengths and skills. This is when time seems to disappear while you have been doing that particular task even though it may not seem like a fun thing to do.

The two are not mutually exclusive, but this is what people may not experience in their job, but do in experience in their hobbies and other interests they can choose to engage in - which may include the process of researching the subject matter they choose to study.

Work ethic and flow may go together -when you have a situation of 'do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life'. OR, when some of the things in your job allow you to apply yourself using certain skills. Eg: If you like to organise things then there may be some aspects of your job where you can do that, even though the complete job itself is not to your liking. Just a simplistic example but such applications can help get you through the day!

It is assigning the term work to what we do for money that confuses things, but it can be pretty hard 'work' doing stuff you love to do as well. But, in this case varying levels of 'hard' is seen as a desirable challenge that gives you satisfaction when the task is done.

Study, gardening in the back yard, prospecting for gold in 45 degree desert heat, sewing childrens clothes, painting watercolours etc... could all be called work by some and be an absolute delight for others while being a challenge at the same time.

Designing or revising a charting structure to measure stacker levels could be tapping into the particular skills of many SS members! :)

Flow for them but hard work for me! :D

19. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

Is this side issue still going on....

Working is much easier than staying home and looking after the kids(properly that is not just dumping them in front of the tv)

20. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Sorry, OT again but what the heck, "I love work" by Butterfingers. Warning Adult Themes
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JivabLQ1Nyo[/youtube]