Stacker levels...

Discussion in 'Silver' started by PrettyPrettyShinyShiny, Mar 17, 2011.

1. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

I love the idea of 'belonging' to a certain level of stacker.. gives you something to work towards..

Stable Stacker - 49 oz or less
    Income Stacker - 50- 499 oz
    Freedom Stacker - 500 - 999 oz
    Abundance Stacker - 1000 oz +

I just used the 4 tiers of wealth to come up with the names. http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Four-Levels-Of-Wealth&id=780506

2. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

Not quite. Some of the stuff I was trading was my mammas metal. I'm managing her pm's for her. lol. She calls me the financial manager that knows what he's doing. lol.

Mamma's an "income stacker" now.

3. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

I took some silver to my mates place to get his mouth watering. He's already set aside cash for a PM 10 oz'er. He is in love with the 20's tho. lol. I don't think I should show him my 20 oz stack or he might murder me hahahaha.

I adore my 20's ... they look like little weighty loaves of silver. mmmmmmmm. Looking foward to the day that 20 ozers become the next $1000 item. Not far off, ladies and gents. Not far off.

4. C_Heath

C_Heath New Member

Who makes the 20oz. stack?

5. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My views about what a minimum stack should be hasn't changed over the last 6 years.
    1000 oz is the first tier to target; not the last.
    If you think storage is going to be a problem, there is no excuse! Stacking 1000oz in kilo bars won't even fill two shoe boxes.
    Not saying it is easy;actually damn hard, but you shouldn't get side-tracked with an easier target.

6. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Ok so you guys are talking bout the white stuffs what about the yellow stuffs, whats the stacker levels for the yellow metal ?

7. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

Not to shoot you to pieces.. but it is MORE than well known that setting smaller achievable targets to reach a new 'level' is far more encouraging than setting one very high level (that most cannot attain for a long period of time). There are a LOT of new stackers out there who either have very little or a small capacity to buy (ie struggling families on one income), so for many of these people it is a massive struggle to just survive, let alone STACK. Just the knowledge that they know that pm's will be their saviour is pretty much what is keeping them going.

EXAMPLE - my sister has ONE ounce of silver and $40 to her name. She has over $20k in debt (the money was used to buy a car and a holiday), a low paying job, no tertiary education and is feeling as depressed as f$%k.

It is people like her that need achievable goals. Don't EVER underestimate the power of a miniscule stack to boost someone's self esteem. My belief is that even if you have ZERO ounces and nothing to spend as of yet, the mere fact you are enriching your mind with new knowledge and listening to wise people, you are on the right path.

By the way.. the one ounce she has was given to her from me for her birthday. I have been lecturing her for over 12 months and am constantly updating her on my stack and new purchases to encourage her to pay off her debt asap and put aside any left over coin into an ounce here and there. I told her that if she wants an ounce, she can buy from me for a much cheaper price than elsewhere and not have to worry about postage fees. I tell her how long we have to go to build our stacks and don't tell her it's too late (coz it's not, by any stretch of the imagination). Actually, the lectures have been getting more and more heated and I think it's finally getting through.. it was borderline her punching me out and telling me to *insert expletive* myself and her getting the 'lightbulb moment' snap in her brain to final realisation of the situation.

Mind you, it wasn't that hard to convince mum and dad.

ENCOURAGEMENT ENCOURAGEMENT ENCOURAGEMENT

8. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

Woot! Go you big Stable Stacker! Legendary stuff.

ps if anyone owns 'the richest man in babylon' book, this entitles you to 'add' 100 oz to your stack. :)

Actually, without that book, my stack probably wouldn't exist.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Been a stacker for a year now and I'm an income stacker.

With a family in tow, you have to have priorities. Even overtime and not spending excessively bites into the stacking budget when you have kids.

Not that it matters.

Even with ONE ounce of silver in hand, that's an ounce more of physical than over 99% of the population holds.

Ideally, I'd like 1000oz Silver and 10oz Gold as a starting point but the realist in me doubts I'll ever achieve it before this all unwinds.

I just cost average, buying the odd ounce here and there now as my income allows.

10. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

Well, just convert according to GSR. ie first level in silver is 49 or less oz, in gold thats about 1 and 1/4 oz gold... run with it from there!

11. Auagau

Auagau Active Member

Im an income silver and a freedom gold, lol...

12. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

I broke into the Freedom Stacker tier when I sold my car and bought more silver. Great feeling. Yeah I think 10 oz of gold would be nice. If this GSR deteriorates significantly more, that's when I'll get into gold. I won't be buying gold with fiat. I never have enough fiat around to buy an oz at a time. I'v written this before, but I keep enough for immediate expenses with a little bit of thought to upcoming expenses. But with the way we have demand for silver in the forums, there's a very easy way to liquidate without losing money. So really there aren't many reasons why you would restrict fiat holdings to minimum levels.

13. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

SWEEEEET :) gotcha ......

14. bellinvest

bellinvest New Member

Aiming for 1500/oz

Not far from 1000/oz at the present time

People talk about 'storing' wealth

Im 19 so there's no wealth to store, just to build. Im in the game to slingshot me to property.

15. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I never said it was easy, in fact I said it was pretty damn hard but it is achievable.
    I don't think it matters whether you set a small or large target for your sister; she has other things on her mind besides stacking
    I am preaching to the converted. If you set small targets that's all you will really achieve; a small stack.
    Set a reasonably difficult target and even if you fail, I am 100% sure you will stack much much more than if you had set a modest goal.
    Auspm is a battler and has been stacking for about a year. From memory, I think he posted that he had a stack of around 200oz
    If his initial target was 100 ozs do you really think he would have as much silver today. I don't think so!
    Actually setting a reasonably difficult target forces you to think outside the box and come up with solutions to increase your stack.
    I usually trade in my car every 5 years. Last year I had a long think about it. The car runs beautifully; had less than 50,000ks and the changeover price would buy me another 800ozs of silver. It was a no brainer; keep the car for a few more years.

16. intelligencer

intelligencer Active Member

I like high goals. My goal for gold is to have at least 12 kg. Still a long way off but the goal helps.

17. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have to agree. Having at least some cash and some PM gives you a sense of security that makes it easier to accumulate more.

Perhaps it's obviating the need to spend emotionally to make yourself feel good (more secure) - so that new pair of shoes or that new television - isn't such a 'need' anymore. If you have a thousand dollars, an ounce of gold and a handful of 1966 50's you've got most possible dramas covered.

I also believe that gold and silver are magnetic and attract their fellows (lol). If you have one ounce, pretty soon it will convince you to put another ounce with it, then those two work on you to get a third for company and so on. (I also think it's a good idea to put a dragon coin in your stack since dragons protect gold (but then I'm told often that I'm a bit unusual (lol 2)

When I look back on my working life, if I'd had the knowledge, I would have probably put away somewhere from 500-1000 oz of Au and retirement would look quite comfortable. As it is all I can do is pass on to the youngsters what I should have done - but as AusPM says - even one ounce these days puts you ahead of 99% of the population.

18. Evolution

Evolution Member

PPSS, Aurora, you're both right. I think you just need the inclusion of a roundabout time frame. A smaller, more achievable goal would be a short term target as where a larger, more lofty goal would be a long term target.
    If you set yourself a large target in the offset then you can become greatly discouraged if you don't meet it, as where a smaller target can greatly encourage you if you meet/exceed it.

My short term goal is 200oz of silver. When I receive my latest acquisitions I'll have just over 50oz, I started with 3oz (3 coins I bought 10 years ago) in January so I'm well on my way. Full disclosure though, I already had the savings to get me where I am now.
    My long term goal is 1 metric tonne. I somehow don't think I'll acheive it :D but every little short term milestone will bring me closer and that's enough to keep me going.

19. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm with you there Evo. I'm aiming to top 200 oz this year. I have heavy financial commitments this year however, so it might be tough, but that means around 50oz between now and xmas.

For some, that's chicken feed - but we all work within our respective budgets.

I DID have 240oz late last year but life took part of that stack away sadly and I'm still trying to rebuild!

20. mintydent

mintydent Member

Hmm...my goal is to get any silver while still having enough fiat to pay my bills and survive :)

I'm currently a student, so all my fiat is going out...none is coming in.

Here's my first order along with some old ones.

[​IMG]
    Source: Nikon D50

Included in this pic:
    1944 quarter (90%)
    1944 and 1917 walking liberty half dollar (90%)
    1951 Canadian dime
    1916 Winged Liberty Head (90%)
    1901 Liberty head nickel (?)
    1895 Liberty Head Barber quarter (90%)

The two on the bottom right are my only silver purchases. The one on the left is a Monarch Mint 1 oz, and the round is an A-Mark 1984, also 1 oz.

I know this is small potatoes to what you guys have...but hey, gotta start somewhere!