So, was that it?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by MelbBrad, May 6, 2011.

1. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Could you refer me to a site where the principles of defining the "trading range" are explained?
    i'd like to be able to do this going forward ...

cheers

2. unfunkable

unfunkable Active Member

Hiho
    I'm trying to use reverse psych on the silver gods .

3. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

hem, my tongue was well and truely planted in my cheek. ;)

4. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

the bloodbath for whom?

those holding silver who bought above $20?

or those holding paper?

5. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

- Commodities index (compare it to how it was before all the other crashes)
    - Use some charting tool and see how much the commodity is trading within its usual trading ranges THEN guess as to how much your risk levels are ..
    - LOOK at the margins required to hold a position at the comex before news of *margins* raised hits the news
    - Understand that in many other markets FOREX to be the biggest its common for paper to be traded way above the underlying asset
    (As a basic its easy to understand that what is in the banks books is much MORE
    then real notes and coins or M1 money so even tho its not ideal , its normal practice, not conspiracy)

- Understand the REAL size of the silver market (and hence what can happen to it)
    - Understand what happened to physical and paper when the bunkers tried to corner it
    - Understand what happened at the comex when the bunkers tried to corner it

There are a few more but you get the picture ... did you hear max or any of the silver guys on the mission of propaganda talking about ANY of these topics ?

OH ! And last but not least, look at the lines in ABCBullion :p, once you have people lining up and waiting 2 hours to buy silver and everyone in that line preaching the SAME freaking, inflation , paper is nothing and manipulation story .... You know its all over, people say, when the masses get in then its time to get out, i would take a guess and say, when abc has a line of two hours thats the masses starting to get in on the act :)

6. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

However, give the lack of retail opportunities to buy physical silver and gold, queues like that are only an indication that awareness is growing, IMO, and not that we are in a mania. I reckon it means there is a big opportunity for some competition to ABC with not enough retail outlets to meet latent demand.

It will be very interesting to see what happens through Monday morning.

What charting tool do you use?

7. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Haha, notice of business opportunity there :) I signed up to this forex site to *try* and trade currency/SLV and GLD (which was a fail) and as part of the account it comes with a java applet charting tool that allows you to look at the currencies as well as GLD & SLV and create the trend lines. Im sure you can get a better tool from somewhere but thats just what i used.

I might look around for a better tool too ...