So, was that it?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by MelbBrad, May 6, 2011.

1. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

Is this the bear trap?

Or was that the parabolic blow off to $US49 and now we wallow in sub-$20 silver for twenty years?

What happened to the fundamentals?
    What happened to supply and demand?
    What happened?

It couldn't have changed like that?! Could it?

Or did the rest of the world see what Stellaconcepts did, and follow suit?

It's got me buggered....

2. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

Mate you give John too much credit

3. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

I'm still sold on the fundamentals, BUT to play devils advocate the players in this game are VERY large, there are few to no laws governing them, their friends have access to a printing press so it would be quite possible to short the next million years worth of silver and keep prices down forever....

4. MelbBrad

MelbBrad New Member

He came out, put his balls on the line, made a call, sold.

And then watched the price plummet. All the while a lot of people here were bitching about what a stupid decision he made.

So, yes: I am giving him credit for his decision.

5. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

No because eventually silver runs out.

And because the lower the price is artificially kept, the more silver people will and are able to buy, so it goes quicker.

The longer and harder they pull on the elastic, the harder the slingshot will eventually catapult the price.

6. unfunkable

unfunkable Active Member

Next week the blood bath will start. You heard it here first !

7. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

I give him credit too but the "whole world"? :/

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I wouldn't be too sure on that, there will come a time when it all blows up in their faces , not that those responsible will ever pay the price tho, that job will fall to the taxpayers and scapegoats yet again. There is only so long and so much that they can keep robbing from Peter to pay Paul and vice versa .

9. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

He came out, made multiple calls which were all wrong, finally decided to sell and hit jackpot.

I'll admit he had good luck or good eye whatever and I don't know him personally to say if he's good or bad but really he has no idea about the trends based on his previous youtube videos of miscalling the peak.

Good idea to watch his stuff for general information but anything beyond that is just......

If you make 100 calls you're bound to have one that's right; reminds me of Pascoe...

10. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

It's hard enough to pick when to get out.

It's even harder to have the discipline to act on it and bring yourself to sell in a booming market.

But for Stella to pick the correction as well, thats going to a whole new level.

The vast majority of those that are knocking him need to remember that they were too busy partying blindly with the masses to even get the first part right.

C

11. Recent

Recent New Member

This would end with great stacks of paper and no silver.........

12. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

That is right, that is why I play this game.... BUT will we be both old men by then? or is it tomorrow? That is the million dollar question

13. Nub Cannon

Nub Cannon New Member

this is very true, I sold almost all my Ag around the same time as Stella, now I'm waiting for an entry point again. I know it's risky but I want to get the most bang for my buck during this correction/crash

14. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

Hey unfunkable hows it going, would you care to elaborate on what you said please, are you suggesting we aint seen the bottom yet?

15. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

LOL , stella's stack is so big that when he sold it flooded the market with silver and hence there is no longer any shortage ... we are now in con-tango :)

There are heaps of posts about it on this forum mate... i posted a few so people can understand and know why these things happen. This fall was a doozy tho not unlike all the other silver corrections, its got to do with leverage, fundamentals mean nothing when leverage is at work (not in the short medium term) fundamentals are still there, thats why when silver goes abit lower im back in and buying back what i sold, but as for the meteoric rise and fall its all related to the amount of leverage in the system.

EVEN John (stella) did a video on it (when he did that video i thought people would understand it and know what he was trying to say, which was "Hey guys its getting unsafe, try to sell of some of your stack") but apparently people didn't get it. Also if you read the real news on silver and about the markets instead of all the conspiracy theories and max kieser propaganda it was easy to see, there were commodities index's that showed this over extension of leverage THE commodities index showed it, the fact that comex margins were as low as 5% showed it, even the chart movements showed it ... nothing moves like that unless its on steroids.. in finance steroids is leverage. If im not mistaken at its highest peak silver was trading about 70% above its "safe trading range" ... somethings gotta be wrong there ...

fundementals are still good but if you wanted to make money in the short term so that your long term stack could be bigger you need to follow the real economic news not the propaganda and conspiracy news ...

16. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

His last large sale was weeks/days before the correction hit.

Maybe the reason ( or one of them ) for the sale was to help running spotmex and it just so happened that it corrected afterwards.

But bottom line is, that Stella, sold out of a bad invesment a long time ago and put the profits into silver and made a lot of money out of that.
    Subsequent picking of highs and lows is almost impossible and in his case not as important.

17. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

It wasn't not if he was looking at the charts and the data (im sure he was), he sold cause he knew it was going sour, just like anyone else who was looking at the same info, same data and same charts ... Its hard to pick a company's correction cause from experience its abit more abrupt and there is usually less information, PLUS companies are so small in comparison that a take over or , servers going down causing a day of outage can change the stock price suddenly.

However with silver if you where looking at the commodities index, looking at the comex margins, looking at the trading range of silver (and how far it was trading above this - 70% ABOVE !) as opposed to gold (which was still in range), you knew there was something wrong and, if you had doubled or tripped your investment its the PERFECT time to exit .. regardless of if the correction was 1,2,3 or even 6 months later, WHEN its outside its safe trading ranges , this is time to get out ...

Im just saying this cause if people think its some voodoo its not, the data is all their, just gotta interprete it ... HELL he even said in his videos, be careful, no less then about 3 times before the correction, i thought that was warning enough for people who wern't looking at the charts but was just going off his word ... if you follow him up, why not follow him of the trade (if thats how you like to do things ?)

18. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

No it wouldn't

Those worthless fiat dollars are becoming more impotent by the day. The fundamentals have not changed one little bit.
    I am using this opportunity to buy as much silver as i can and will leverage myself to the eyeballs to do it!

19. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

It will be more like sometime next week ...

20. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Pray tell where one would obtain this "real" economic news?