Silver Stackers current sentiment about silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by RT, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

Are you a long term or short term holder of physical? Long term

Before this take down, did you have strong convictions for holding silver? Yes

Are your convictions strong still to hold? Yes, even more so

Have you questioned your decision to hold silver during this take down? (Even a little?) No, I do not count precious metal assets in terms of fiat, they are an absolute number of ounces

Have you sold or added any due to the take down in price? Have continued to add both metals (Gold & Silver) as opportunities (in terms of available fiat) became available

2. mightymatt

mightymatt Active Member

Are you a long term or short term holder of physical? Long term, if the shit don't hit the fan!

Before this take down, did you have strong convictions for holding silver? Yes

Are your convictions strong still to hold? Yes

Have you questioned your decision to hold silver during this take down? (Even a little?) No, not even a little.

Have you sold or added any due to the take down in price? Continued to add. Will always add as long as the spare fiat exsists.

P.S.: Can people just answer the questions asked. Its as simple as that.

3. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I guess you haven't learned basic fundamentals. The reason why some of those who don't have a vested interest in pushing metals have more cred is because they don't have a vested interest in pushing metals and they study and understand the dynamics of the markets.

4. hennypenny

hennypenny New Member

Are you a long term or short term holder of physical? I'm not holding any currently but I could have been long term if that's what the market dictated.

Before this take down, did you have strong convictions for holding silver? Yes.

Are your convictions strong still to hold? No, I sold it all. eg 9 May 2011 http://forums.silverstackers.com/message-124394.html#p124394

Have you questioned your decision to hold silver during this take down? (Even a little?) Anyone who's held since the top without questioning their bad decision is a fool.

Have you sold or added any due to the take down in price? Did I mention I sold it all? Might yet buy back in though (prices in AUD) 19 July 2012 http://forums.silverstackers.com/message-378314.html#p378314

5. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

As a hplder of precipus metals mmissinglink you should know fundamentals have very little to do with the market. If fundamentals actually drove the market we wouldnt see the dow and s&p at a near all time high and pms at a 3-5 year low given how fundamentally screwed the majority of the biggest economies in the world are atm.

6. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

First chance to sit down in a couple of days. In a comfy chair in the cloisters of Government House, overlooking Sydney Harbour, by the Opera House, Harbour Bridge and Botanic Gardens. Saw a powerful owl in the white fig leading into Government House.

In 2008 the USD to AUD was .65c. GSR was 50, silver was $18. It cost AUD900 or 50 oz silver to buy an ounce of gold. Today exchange rate is .92c, GSR is 64, silver is $22 and it costs AUD $1,360 or 64 oz silver to buy an ounce of gold. If gold were to drop to $720, the AUD could drop to .65c, silver at best would drop to USD $14.40 giving a GSR OF 50. All current ounces of silver will buy 128% the amount of gold, in addition, it would return AUD 1,100 x 1.28 or AUD $1,400. Everything stays much the same in Australia should the $720 scenario come about.

7. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

I won't be buying any if it goes to $9. Ill have bought all I'm buying starting at $14 and finishing around $12. If it were to go that low. If it goes below $12 I don't plan to dca down. I have a set amount and I try to stay disciplined with my investments.

8. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I'm hoping the $14 price comes in before September of this year.

If it doesn't, I'm okay with that.

9. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

Mate - you really are clueless aren't you?!! :lol:

I'd suggest you educate yourself a lot more - starting with the questions i posed you - instead of talking cr@p here