Silver Stackers current sentiment about silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by RT, Jul 17, 2013.

1. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

. That made me laugh. You seriously believe that the uninformed investor and the informed have the same 50/50 chance of being right?

2. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

You seriously believing you are better informed than the rest of the market makes me laugh.

3. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I'm assuming then you're one of the uninformed

4. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am the first to admit I have NFI what is exactly is going to happen. Unfortuntly I am a miniscule fish in a Gigantic pond trying not to be eaten alive.

But I try to stay ahead by researching and reading and making the best possible decisiion I can at the time with the information at hand, some times it works out sometime I am fish food.

5. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:/ I'm not in it for nominal price gain, hence the nominal price is far less relevant.

6. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Invest your currency in U.S. Dollars....at least till 2015. Nice returns.

7. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

revising the discussion again I see. To answer your question. Hell yes I'm better informed on the silver market than some here.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Why?

9. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

A house as 'investment' is different than a house to live and call home.
    How smart is an 'investment', in the market of which prices were bloated most by debt spending?
    Heyhey, what has past is past, what comes is future.
    Shares sit now on mulityear record highs.
    PMs sit now on multiyear lows.
    From this situation, what looks like having most potential?
    They might be 'safer' than shares, because its debt payments are performed by an entity that can tax / apply legal force to, people.
    Shares, well, byebye.

10. BamaGuy

BamaGuy New Member

More bullshit made up by you. I stated that I am more informed than some of the people here and in the market. It's clearly obvious because of the stupid lies that are repeated and the outright attempts to keep spreading them when they're debunked.

11. mmissinglink

Reading countless articles like this reminds me that the US dollar is in a strong position for a couple of years... http://www.thenational.ae/business/...us-dollar-pushes-indian-rupee-to-all-time-low

and like this http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article40492.html

But, the party will end and the music will stop playing in 2015 in the US.....this is going to happen I believe.... http://www.cnbc.com/id/100609988

To top if off, moves like this will further undermine the US dollar in 2015: http://rbth.ru/news/2013/04/18/brics_countries_might_set_up_development_bank_in_2015_25158.html

12. mmissinglink

It's comments like the last two which make me realize that there are plenty of people on these boards who are not paying attention at all to what is written and they would rather create false alternative realities in their mind and then throw them into a discussion expecting the rest of us to buy into those absurd alternative realities.

If you false alternative reality people (FARP) ever decided to pay attention to what is actually being written in these forums you'd notice that BamaGuy responded accurately and most appropriately to Altima's comment. Altima NEVER qualified "anyone else" to mean "market experts" or "the market" yet you FARPS decided out of thin air to make that up in your own minds for some bizarre reason. Clearly BamaGuy is more informed than the average person investing (the uninformed) and apparently more informed than some people in this forum....myself not excluded.

So, FARPs, please read what is written instead of making things up in your heads and spitting it out here expecting other members to just accept it. That's not honest or good communication and it creates unnecessary friction. It's not cool at all.

13. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Good articles.

14. Sargeant Argent

Sargeant Argent New Member

The USD will undoubtably outpace the AUD and CAD and the EU or Yen. But Id rather hedge my currency with pms at multiyear lows instead of buying an overdrawn currency by the time the sept meetings come up there will be yet another trillion dollars printed and put into bonds. That money will eventually make its way into the market. Ince that happens well see the USD go below CAD and AUd. Your time frame is probably right. But I believe metals will be in upward trend before 2015. 18 months is a long time in the metals market it could easily drop further and rebound to a new alltime high in that time drame. Its happened before. Several times.

15. mmissinglink

Unfortunately, no one knows for certain the timeframes and there's always the possibility of some unforseen major event that could significantly affect the market sentiment.

But predictions and suggestions of what the next few months or years will see in terms of prices must not be based on these unforseeable catastrophes / events.

What I'm actually trying to do in forums like this is bring a little sensibility and balance to the frequent choir of outrageous claims by the permabulls will would say ANYTHING just to pimp what obviously personally benefits them. I am fed up with those people who spew or regurgitate absurd suggestions like short term silver will soar into the triple digit territory (inflation adjusted), or that there's almost no more real gold available to buy, and all that sort of stuff that I was sadly hearing over the past 8 months....not here exclusively or even too much....thank goodness.

I'm glad that we have a number of members here who are rational, realistic, and honest and who aren't going to try to manipulate new members into believing the dollar collapse means an end to life as we know it or that tomorrow silver will shoot past the moon and all that sort of noise.

If I wanted to get constant doses of hype and sales pitches, I'd plant myself in front of a used car dealership or the newest Bernie Madoff look-a-like hedge fund. We shouldn't tolerate that as stackers who care about integrity.

16. PAGAU

PAGAU New Member

The way I see it, silver down till end of August, spike up in Sept, coast sideways or down till March, long term up.

I don't see the Chinese love affair with gold ending soon, reason: their increasing wealth = propensity to buy (afford) gold.
    I've paid off my house, debt free now, 18 years till retirement, love silver coins, they're miniature works of art.

17. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Your first paragraph makes the second one impossible

It is impossible to predict the timing of things like currency collapse - when it happen it will be unexpected and can be very swift
    It might be 2015 but it could also be 2013 or 2020

You don't help your cause by constantly posting "gold is falling further" posts at every opportunity - you just come across as a permabear no different to the permabulls

18. mmissinglink

There is no conflict with my 2 paragraphs; the 2nd supports the first.

If all you heard all day were people all around you telling you the sky is falling and you knew that this was causing many people to react to that against their own best interest, wouldn't you start saying often that no, the sky isn't falling? That's what I am doing....I am attempting to bring levity and reason in the midst of all the outrageous sales pitches. Reasonable people should be thankful about this. I know I am thankful when I see other forum members who don't join the chorus of "million dollar gold" and "ten thousand dollar silver" or whatever fantastical claims are being bandied about by plenty of permabulls.

I'm not a permabear, I'm a tell-the-other-side-of-the-story kinda person. If I truly believed that pm's were headed straight up big time over the next couple months or so, I would have no reason to take issue with the permabulls....but I don't believe that.

19. Scyb

Scyb Member Silver Stacker

I think at the end of the day, the only lesson to be learnt is for people to know that no one can predict the prices and they should work out their own strategy based on their income/age/goals etc.

If they are easily persuaded by reading 'to the moon' posts and then become disappointed, maybe they shouldn't be investing in such a volatile asset.

You are not necessarily protecting them by being the 'other side of story guy' What you are proposing is still your own predictions and it seems to me that what you are saying is purely just counter views on 'silver will go up in the short term' and not based on any solid research. You just want to represent the different voice to the argument.

I think this is what frustrates other members on the forum

20. RT

RT New Member

I like everything you said except I think Australia may be if for some very tough times ahead if China slows and stops buying our resources as it is pretty much the only thing left driving our economy. Everything seems to hinge on China here.