Silver Shakeout - What does Mike Maloney think??

Discussion in 'Silver' started by silversurfer2010, May 8, 2011.

1. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

If I never see another SAVVY in my lifetime it will be too soon.

2. SilverBaron

SilverBaron Member Silver Stacker

SAVVY?

3. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Does anyone else think he sometimes sounds like Marshall Applewhite from the Heavens gate cult?

Espectially when he talks about going to the moon.... hahaha

I like the guy and his books bu hate the way he talks in his interviews like he's trying to get in your head.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0o4Qb_d7Io[/youtube]

4. Bargain Hunter

Bargain Hunter Active Member

Contrarian I agree with most of what you said but I also think it doesn't hurt to have a few ounces of very log term gold tucked away in the bottom draw as insurance against hyperinflation. You can still have an investment stack of silver and gold to trade but it doesn't hurt to have a couple of ounces tucked away as a hedge/insurance. But ultimately its gold that should go in the bottom draw not silver which is a speculative industrial metal.

Ernester I don't agree with 'profit is profit is profit' necessarily. There is such a thing as selling too soon and the old saying that you can't go broke taking a profit is stupid. Because good investments can go up a lot, and you need big winners to balance out the losers and get an overall good return. That said however there is always a time and place for selling. I also agree that selling too soon is better than selling to late.

5. silversurfer2010

silversurfer2010 New Member

Hahah so you guys bagging Mike obviously think that it's best not to take advice from someone who has not only put his own ass on the line, but has wrapped his entire life around precious metals because of his belief. According to that logic,you should take advice from people who aren't practicing what they preach. Turn off the YouTube. Turn on your TV, there's a guy called Cramer waiting for you.

We have a video coming out in a week or so called Gold & Silver Dealer Bias? In which Mike says 'I don't have a bias because I'm a dealer, I BECAME A DEALER BECAUSE I HAVE A BIAS TOWARDS GOLD AND SILVER'. I suggest you watch it.

6. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

This goes to show the complete and total scope of your investment knowledge and portfolio and you fell for it hook line and sinker. Look at my original post of which you took the above excerpt .... did i mention the trade was silver :lol: NO .... did i mention ounces, NO, im talking currency, or your much hated FIAT, you know, that thing that allows you to buy food, fuel, puts a roof over your head and that blanket that keeps you warm at night.

In your mind, the only game is silver and/or gold, try a bigger palette you might like it . Silver is just another trade. The difference with silver as a commodity is you can take it home and store it in your safe whilst with oil, stocks or any other commodity you only trade it on an electronic market. Oh and silver also has a nice warm and comforting story that is attached to it ... which is full of semi-truths that with abit of research allows you to see that parts of it is BS .... and totally fabricated ....

Look at all the millionaires and billionaires and even people with 500K plus from trading... are you telling me these people are stupid for trading anything else OTHER then silver, do you think these people got rich trading to the top or by how many ounces of silver or gold they have ? These people got rich by trading carefully or by making educated guesses based on knowledge that they obtained through research, they also go their by trading to a safe level, letting the asset or stock go, then moving onto the next undervalued trade.

You can't even get the silver trade right ... i guess thats why you said trading will tear you a new one :lol: The people who sold their silver at 47, 45,42 EVEN 38 can RIGHT now buy back more silver with the same amount of money they started with because EVEN if they sold at 38, they would have sold with a premium up to about 43 (how much is BB selling coins for now :p)... the question is ... how much did you sell so you can buy back more AG so that with the same amount of $$$ you started off with you can get more of your beloved ounces ? :p

7. samboyellowsub

samboyellowsub Member

I think anyone who says PM's are the only thing to think about is a little misguided. PM's are a tool to acquire other necessities. They shouldn't be a goal in and of themselves and the same goes for any investment. While I think its true, one should always hold a core position of PM's "there will come a day" (as mike always says) when PM's will be overvalued and other investments will be undervalued.

I don't mistrust mike just because he's a dealer. I remember going to a local dealer a few months back, I bought about 30 ounces, and he told me I was very smart for buying silver. I asked him, "well then, why are you selling it?" He told me, "I can't keep it all!" As unwise as it is to put all your investment eggs in one basket, it is also unwise to listen to only one person. I check up on what Mike says every now and then because he's rich and he's obviously made some great decisions.

8. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Well mike is rich not cause of his gold or silver investing, he is rich because of his knowledge (in silver and gold), his book, his business and his sales acume.

Mike is a business man, a good one at that. This is different from being rich from investing (like warren buffet for example) ... its quite clear :)

9. silversurfer2010

If only people would realise that online dealers aren't selling their own stash! They are middlemen who take an order from the public, place an order with one of the large refiners/wholesalers and make a razor thin profit. The profit is the same for an online dealer whether they are selling to a customer, or buying back from them (in which case they onsell to a refiner). It makes no difference if people are buying or selling. If an online dealer wanted to fleece their customers, they would be encouraging people to trade in and out as often as possible. The fact that Mike is saying buy and hold for the long term shows that he has his customers best interests at heart.

So to clear up the 'then why are you selling it?' question that pops up every 5 minutes: Mike is selling it because he makes a razor thin profit, with which he reinvests into his bullion business and his education business so that he can pay folks like me to make videos for folks like you. His personal profits go into his own bullion investments, as do those of all his employees. The company mission is to get as much gold and silver into the hands of the middle class as soon as possible, before the huge economic meltdown that we are facing occurs. The reason for this is that it is the middle class of a country that determines it's course with its vote. With huge economic turmoil, comes the potential for the rise of dictators. We're doing what we can to help others while also helping ourselves. The company spends a huge proportion of it's income on getting the message out there before it's too late.

I'll make another another video on this to ram the point home...but really it's cool. It's good to be sceptical. I'm grateful to be able to give you an outsider's scoop from the inside, so to speak.

Dan

10. silversurfer2010

Buying silver at $4-5, and gold at $315, and holding it...says to me that Mike has smoked Warren Buffet. He may not have realized the gains yet but when he does they will eclipse Buffets 'investing' record. With infinitely fewer trades.

11. Bargain Hunter

Bargain Hunter Active Member

Silversurfer its much easier to invest millions of dollars than it is to invest billions of dollars. If Warren Buffett only had to invest $5 million or $10 million dollars over the past 10 years he would have annihilated Mike Maloney's track record (probably by investing in massively undervalued small caps) I'm absolutely sure of that. In fact Buffett once stated some years ago that if he only had $1 million to invest he could produce an average return of 50% per annum. I believe him.

12. samboyellowsub

samboyellowsub Member

I didn't quite grasp that concept back when i asked that question, but I realize that now. They don't actually change the amount of metal they are holding when they sell, the large refiner might, but the dealer doesn't really change their holdings until they buy or sell for their own investment purposes.

Based on the details of the advice he gives, I believe Mike has his customers' best interest at heart too.

13. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

I agree about gold.

I always keep a cash buffer at all times. Just in case I lose a tenant, lose my job, whatever. I should be storing most of this money in gold amd eventually that's what I want to do.

Would never store it in silver.

C

14. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

I cant believe you were holding the camera :/

15. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Look, I sub to his YT channels, in fact his book got me in to PMs. If you go back and search this forum, i have posted his vids to this site before. I am not bagging him.

I am saying he is not as 'independent' as he used to be. Because now, if his business does not succeed, he takes a financial hit. And people that are new to PMs may see it this way too. IMHO advice is different when the person giving it is trying to sell you something.

Turning it around:

Hahah so you guys bagging 'Fred' obviously think that it's best not to take advice from someone who has not only put his own ass on the line, but has wrapped his entire life around 'Real estate' because of his belief.

16. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

Warren Buffet is a BILLIONAIRE , id be surprised if mike was even i the mid 10's of millions. im sure you can see how many orders of magnitude bigger that is. Also tell me what the percentage increase of gold and silver has been since Mr Maloney said he has been purchasing it. It doesn't really matter where mike Maloney started, picking small cap stocks that you may have *special* information about can yield that return in WEEKS not YEARS ;)

17. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

yehyehyeh .... keep flapping ...

You're just showing your ignorance. you seem to think that the kinds of trading which made people rich in the past will continue to do so...
    I've got news for you mate - the fiat currency system - which you seem to admire so much - and which has allowed so much wealth to be stolen by so few ... is on its last legs.
    All fiat experiments end the same way - in abject failure.

If you dont believe in real money - in how many ounces you have,then so be it.

you're the one who'll be caught with your dick in your hand when the hat drops.

SAVVY???!!

come to think of it, with those kind of views, what the hell are you doing on a forum like this???

18. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

How many ounce was it again ... that you sold, when silver was 48 or so, such that now you can buy more of your precious ounces :p:lol:

I can see now how those people who believed the earth was flat must have felt when they were told the earth was round :lol:

19. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

Speaking of flapping... You seem to know it all. Surely you must be a multi-billionaire with all the answers like that. I don't always agree with buffet etc, but I will take his 50 years of success against your completely unsupported pronouncements of fact from on high.

20. Ouch

Ouch Active Member