silver proof colored dragon.

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by happycrank, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Lightsview

Lightsview Member

$850 :p

2. Capricorn

Capricorn New Member

Got through to the PM on the phone - Typeset "wait listed" in anticipation of "someone wanting to return their set" ..... try PM distributors !!!!

3. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

I see $850 and a $1699 on eBay :p

4. Scorpion75

Scorpion75 New Member

I was only 32 off the #888 with#856 for the typeset and have #868 for the 1/2 ounce coloured dragon. LOL. Congrats to all the Silver Stacker guys and girls that managed to secure 1 and be 1 of only 1500 in the world and probably only 1 out of 250-300(if lucky) in Australia to have a set. Well done. I was first served on the far right counter. It was nice to meet 3 of you at the mint. I think we could start a Dragon shop. LOL. For anyone else there today i was wearing the black V8 supercar jacket so sorry if I missed you. I'm sure there were more than 4 of us there.

My Dragon scores today was :-

1 x Dragon typeset

3 x 1oz Proof Coloured Dragon

2 x 1/2oz Proof Coloured Dragon

5 x 1oz Gilded Dragons (Oct 18) - 2 of these from a dealer. He said he would try hard to supply 2 but I may have to settle for 1 from him.

Someone may want to open a thread for pics, the #'s we got and quantity if it hasnt been opened already.

Cheers

Scorp

5. stackeract

stackeract New Member

$850 and $1699 is a bit of a joke. I can just buy the proof for 3-400 and the other three for ~100 each, thats $700 max.

6. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Yeah but then it's not the set ;)

1500 mintage and all

7. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

8. alex.ross

alex.ross New Member

+1

9. stackeract

stackeract New Member

To me a set is only worth more than the individual coins if it contains coins that I cannot buy otherwise. For example the current three coin silver sets contain the 2oz and 1/2oz that are only available in those sets. Or the series I 5-coin proof sets that include the 10oz proof not available elsewhere. That's also the reason why I didn't buy any of the previous typesets. They take up too much space anyway (just looking for excuses obviously :D )

10. BIGGRIN

BIGGRIN Member

I got my type set from the mint counter at 9.20am. I was starting to get worried as the ATM hook up at the service desk was not working. I had to wait about 10 excruciating minutes before this got sorted.

Popped back in at around 9.35am to see what was left. The mint shop had sold out of the typeset. Coloured proofs were still available.

It was interesting to see more people (about double) camped out of the mint for this release than there was when the proof's were released in September. The mania continues?

BG

11. Scorpion75

Scorpion75 New Member

Currently online there are less than 4681 gilded, 543 1/2 c/proofs , 327 1oz c/proofs and 125 1kg gemstones left.

So I think demand is extremely high.

The mint also says that the 1oz coloured coin is proof quality, not bullion or specimen like some of us may of thought.

I think a complete sell out, online atleast will occur thur or Fri. The mint itself wont be far behind that for sure. Maybe the weekend. A few nice coins for the kids to buy with their pocket money on hols instead of a few extra show bags. That would be my advice. Cheeper dentist bills too! LOL

The Typeset apparently going for $1699 i think i saw, IMHO will not be the highest price one sold. 1500 mintage, best/most recognized lunar animal in the world, minted by one of the best mints in the world(i think the best strikes and designs in the world) and year of the dragon hasnt even started(end of Jan i think). So if you think $1699 looks extreme, think again. I also know of currently 6 sets that will not be offered for sale in the short/medium term anyway.

I think very good arguments can be made for the 1/2oz,1oz coloured proofs and 1kg Gem to why it may exceed expectations also. 10k,10k and 5k mintages respectively.

Cheers.

A happy Scorp with a massive smile. From now on i'll have to go to city vault to look at these a bit more often than i currently do for the other goodies.

PS All the other silver bullion/proof Dragon coins are far from dead in the wate too. The prices have come done on some yes but its just taking a breather for a short period. They will all get higher prices that they are currently going for. My sentiments are backed up by all of the above reasons used for todays releases. Oh, and how many billions of people are there in the world? Exactly.
    There wasnt even enough bullion dragons for the Perth metro area population.

We are all winners holding any type of Dragons.

12. PeeZapp

PeeZapp Member Silver Stacker

Yeah mine is the bid of 850 BIN $1600 5 day auction see how it goes I spose

13. PeeZapp

Yeah but this typeset has a gilded coin you cant get that yet and a pretty certificate and nice large box. I personally don't care much for proof sets 3-coin/4-coin and don't buy any to keep for the long term just quick cash hopefully

14. ninteno

ninteno Member

Shop sold 200 typsets, within 20-30 minutes. No limit. Price was 389.
    The newsletter poped in said 359. Theress a lot of profit for the dealers.
    All other products come at PM issue pricelevel.

15. PeeZapp

for anyone else who got a typeset was wondering if their gilded dragon has gold claws or are they silver

16. stackeract

stackeract New Member

They were 359 for one minute! After they sold 200 for 389, they sold another 30 for 419 Euro. That's almost $600.

17. pushingtin

pushingtin Member Silver Stacker

I was up at 8am perth mint time waiting for them to come online. Got very excited when I saw the Typeset added online, but then ERROR message after ERROR message for 2 hours. Got it in my basket but then could not checkout.

Decided to phone them from Dubai, should have done it earlier - typeset had sold out and put on a "waiting list". So just landed up with the 1oz and 1/2oz coloured and 2 Gilded Dragons. Better than nothing but was really really hoping for my typeset :(

Got the new wildlife in need too.

Well done to all who managed to secure the typset.

18. pushingtin

Also Scorpion75 mentions how many are left for sale online... Is there a way to see how many are available or does he have inside scoop?

19. Lightsview

Lightsview Member

Log on to the Perth Mint website and place a large order... e.g for the 1oz colored proof coins, put 10000 for the quantity and add it to your cart.

You'll get a message "The quantity ordered was above the current available stock. The available stock has been added to your order"

When you look at your cart there will be 155. Which means there are 155 of the 1oz colored proof coins left in the Perth Mint's inventory.

Cheers

20. pushingtin

aaaaah ok thanks :)