Silver is Silver is Silver yeah??

Discussion in 'Silver' started by deswa, Apr 5, 2011.

1. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

hehe.. maybe there will be a time when a 1 dollar US bill will be worth something other than less and less of a dollar each year? I guess if it turns to a zimbabwe situation, the first to be burnt will be the 1's. So they will be the rarest right?? I wonder what the collectibility of a one dollar US note will be... hmmmmm. Feel like stacking one's?

Also..can you easily acquire the historically lowest zimbabwean currency? (was it a $5 like us or a $1 like the US?) ... they might have some collectibility to them..

2. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Zimbabwae dollars start at $1.
    There are 27 notes in the set.
    ;)

3. Trichter

Trichter Member

Although I agree that bars are great and the way way to stack weight, I don't know about this advice to focus only on bars. I wish I'd discovered coins earlier. I didn't get any until last December. Predecimal coins can be found below the cost of bars in ounce terms with a bit of looking. Now people should probably be circumspect about which coins they get, because they may not be as easy to sell as bars. But if we're talking ounces, coins can be the cheaper option, provided you hunt them down.

4. Szag

Szag Member Silver Stacker

+1